It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECHR Deems Gay Cake Case Inadmissible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is not a story about a case containing a cake being gay. This is the saga of a Belfast Bakery that refused to bake a cake with a gay rights (pertaining in particular to gay marriage) slogan on the grounds that it went against the owners Christian beliefs to produce a product in support of that particular cause.
The Belfast Court found in favour of the man requesting the cake and the decision was then upheld on appeal to the Lower Court but was then overturned by the Superior Court. The European Court Of Human Rights ECHR has ruled the case Inadmissible as not all domestic options have been explored.
A number of questions occur such as why not just go to a Baker that did not object? And, How might this have gone if a Baker that was an adherent to another faith with similar principles refused to bake the same cake on religious grounds?
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-1-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Good question, would the gay couple have gone to a Muslim bakery and demanded the same. Would the lower courts have punished the Muslim baker?

That is a question that LGBT need to ask themselves before pulling stunts like these. Am I being a hypocrite and making the LGBT community look bad before doing this?

This makes all LGBT look like they are hunting down people to force into doing what they want and punishing Christians for no other reason than their religious beliefs. Until they start doing this to Muslim bakeries, this looks like a Salem witch hunt of LGBT toward Christianity.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I notice the term "Compelled Speech" in the article. I think that may come into much more common usage.
a reply to: The2Billies

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

Because actual fascists want to force their worldview on others. It's literally as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Your reply is cleverly ambiguous and gets a star from me
a reply to: Fryguy

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fryguy

Because actual fascists want to force their worldview on others. It's literally as simple as that.

Yet the Christians are forcing their views on others as well, not exactly Christian is it?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

"It's a private company! They can do what they want! Don't like it? Start your own bakery!"

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yet the Christians are forcing their views on others as well, not exactly Christian is it?

how so?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
I notice the term "Compelled Speech" in the article. I think that may come into much more common usage.
a reply to: The2Billies

For bakers, making fancy cakes is an art.

What they are doing is making "compelled art" a new standard for artists.

Welcome to the world of the progressive liberal left, you will do as we say, think as we say, speak as we say, or else you will be destroyed. It is the progressive liberal left "compassionate" way. We see this everyday now.

This is our 1984 world and we must all accept it.

edit on 1/6/22 by The2Billies because: deletion

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Who are Christians taking to court to force artists, bakers, pizza makers, engravers, invitation makers to do their will and write Christian sayings and make Christian art, and service Christians against their will?

Examples please, court cases please, or it is not happening and is a figment of your imagination.

Liberals daily try to legally force people to embrace their point of view, or at a minimum dox, demand people be fired, social media hound and destroy, destroy businesses, and personally destroy people who simply disagree with them. This happens nearly all day, every day. Because liberals "know" they are wiser and smarter than everyone else and use science to prove it. Liberals and Democrats "know" that their ideology is perfect and everyone should do what they say down to what they put in their bodies - OR ELSE. So tell me that LGBT, progressives, liberals, Democrats aren't all day, every day attempting to legally force their will on literally everyone else. Why is this acceptable?

edit on 1/6/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Certain demographics within western societies are being used to cause division, this is a good example.
edit on th01491010 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Think before you comment.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Tell us exactly how and when a Christian has "forced" his or her views on you.

How have you been compelled to go against your conscience and personal convictions and acquiesce to a confession of Christian beliefs against your will?

Has your life ever been threatened for speaking things contrary to Christian doctrine or for speaking negatively about Jesus Christ? Have you been threatened with penalty of death for doing such?

Seriously, I want to know exactly how "Christian views" have been "forced" on you. Please tell us. Details, circumstances, outcome; we want to hear it all.

Or maybe it's simply a matter someone expressing ideas in your presences that triggered your sensitive psyche and made you want to retreat to your safe space.

I don't beleve you! I don't believe that anyone has ever "forced" Christian beliefs on you. Prove me wrong!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

Think before you comment.

You might be asking a bit too much there, Smigg.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That will never work on me. The LBGTQ is a perverse group of mentally ill people and no one can force me to retract that statement.

a reply to: Fryguy

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

They are bound and determined to ram aberrant behavior down our throats.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

how so?

Well in my country, gays wanted to get married.
Many Christians came out in protest, I watched it, wasn’t pretty
I am a christian, as far as I am concerned, gays have as much right to exercising their freewill as anyone.
God given freewill and no christian has any right to deny that choice.
Unless the gay person is a practicing christian

If Christians had acted more christian in the past, don’t think there would be as much bitterness in the community now

Hey smig, best you put a bit of thought up before calling at me

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Who are Christians taking to court to force artists, bakers, pizza makers, engravers, invitation makers to do their will and write Christian sayings and make Christian art, and service Christians against their will?

Examples please, court cases please, or it is not happening and is a figment of your imagination.

Liberals daily try to legally force people to embrace their point of view, or at a minimum dox, demand people be fired, social media hound and destroy, destroy businesses, and personally destroy people who simply disagree with them. This happens nearly all day, every day. Because liberals "know" they are wiser and smarter than everyone else and use science to prove it. Liberals and Democrats "know" that their ideology is perfect and everyone should do what they say down to what they put in their bodies - OR ELSE. So tell me that LGBT, progressives, liberals, Democrats aren't all day, every day attempting to legally force their will on literally everyone else. Why is this acceptable?

I,didn’t say christians we’re taking anyone to court, did I, where, please show me
I said, forcing their views
Straw man argument, bit shallow there billies, comprehension is a skill, worth learning

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Tell us exactly how and when a Christian has "forced" his or her views on you.

How have you been compelled to go against your conscience and personal convictions and acquiesce to a confession of Christian beliefs against your will?

Has your life ever been threatened for speaking things contrary to Christian doctrine or for speaking negatively about Jesus Christ? Have you been threatened with penalty of death for doing such?

Seriously, I want to know exactly how "Christian views" have been "forced" on you. Please tell us. Details, circumstances, outcome; we want to hear it all.

Or maybe it's simply a matter someone expressing ideas in your presences that triggered your sensitive psyche and made you want to retreat to your safe space.

I don't beleve you! I don't believe that anyone has ever "forced" Christian beliefs on you. Prove me wrong!

Gay marriage argument, that was a couple of years ago
Care what you think, hardly, short memory

Christians forcing their beliefs on non christians, where were you, forcing your faith on others I bet

Just proved you wrong inco, don’t feel the need to apologise, I know you are to arrogant for that
edit on 6-1-2022 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

How shall i help my niece and her girlfriend, what can I do to assist them become mentally well again?

They both have great jobs and own their own home and both drive but from what you say they both have a screw loose, do you think they can be cured?
edit on 000000p3110America/Chicago106202241 by UpThenDown because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join