It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie theaters are still only showing a couple movies in coming weeks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I know this thread started the conversation but, I would like to expand on this as now it is Wednesday. As for here in Denver, I have checked and there are no added showtimes.. Still a mix between The 355 and Scream. Is this the companies possibly trying to alleviate friction in case there is a lockdown over Omnicrap? Are they possibly privvy to information that we arent? I've never bought tickets early besides for avengers, star wars etc.. is this a normal thing?

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration
I know this thread started the conversation but, I would like to expand on this as now it is Wednesday. As for here in Denver, I have checked and there are no added showtimes.. Still a mix between The 355 and Scream. Is this the companies possibly trying to alleviate friction in case there is a lockdown over Omnicrap? Are they possibly privvy to information that we arent? I've never bought tickets early besides for avengers, star wars etc.. is this a normal thing?

it could be due to all the places shutting theaters down due to new covid restrictions, due to massive outbreaks everywhere, due to so many people everywhere getting together during the Christmas and new years holidays. if you have ever noticed they do like releasing movies in most places all at once to bring in the max profits. if movies are only showing in the US for example, they will loose a lot of money. not only would it decrease audiences, but at the same time increase pirating as everyone will still want to see it anyway. so by keeping movies likely to be popular out of theaters, there is less chance of people copying it where they are actually being run, and thus retaining more people who will just have to wait until it is again showing everywhere. i suspect that is why the "one" movie that seems to be still showing, is a movie that seems likely to not be popular, even completely unheard of in much of the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the earlier linked thread.

Closed.

join