It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

94 Percent of All Covid Deaths have Comorbidities .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I would think that the Ebola virus would like to have a word with you. That sucker will flat out kill you regardless of your health status.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
That right there is your problem... not understanding what a co-morbidity is.

I completely understand what a comorbidity is, but for there to be any meat to this OP, we have to call pneumonia a comorbidity. They're calling anything else listed on a death certificate, besides covid, a comorbidity.

In the link OP provided, it links to The CDC. Check table 3.
edit on 4-1-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: LordAhriman

I would think that the Ebola virus would like to have a word with you. That sucker will flat out kill you regardless of your health status.

It will kill you with blood loss, dehydration, and malnutrition. Those things would be listed on the death certificate along with the virus.
edit on 4-1-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

if you quit interpreting data as you want to see it you'd notice that what's really being said is that unhealthy people are more likely to get covid, develop complications or die of covid. its not saying that their other conditions killed them, its saying covid killed them because their weakened immune systems couldn't fight it off. its basically telling us that if they got vaccinated they would've lived even with their conditions, its also saying most Americans are unhealthy to begin with so there's even more reason to get vaccinated if they want to survive covid with whatever conditions they might have.

but continue thinking what you want i guess, not my life being risked with misinterpreted facts. survival of the fittest and all that.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: chr0naut

COVID-19 causes several comorbidities.
So it also causes instant obesity ? Impressive.

Perhaps it is believing internet memes that causes instant obesity?

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
How many with Comorbidities died due to false positives.
And then being sent to a covid ward in a hospital where they got covid then died.

That is a good question.

Do you have any actuals to support the idea?

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Yes and you continue thinking the Vaccine is the Cure All Answer to everything .

The more time that passes with this " Pandemic " the more data is presented showing the Vaccine is useless , and God knows they are suppressing as much negative Press on the Vaccine as they possibly can .

Don't you get it mate ? The more people they convince to get the Vaccine equals the more people who will have to be on bored with what ever the outcome of the Vaccine is Good or Bad. They have already reached a critical mass or a point of no return if you will , so now the goal is screw it push them all to vaccinate .

you talk about the Vaccine as if you know something we don't ? , The truth is no one knows what the long term effects of this vaccine are going to be.

if you quit interpreting data as you want to see it

I'm not interpreting the Data one way or the other I'm simply presenting the Data objectively .

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: namehere

Yes and you continue thinking the Vaccine is the Cure All Answer to everything .

The more time that passes with this " Pandemic " the more data is presented showing the Vaccine is useless , and God knows they are suppressing as much negative Press on the Vaccine as they possibly can .

Don't you get it mate ? The more people they convince to get the Vaccine equals the more people who will have to be on bored with what ever the outcome of the Vaccine is Good or Bad. They have already reached a critical mass or a point of no return if you will , so now the goal is screw it push them all to vaccinate .

you talk about the Vaccine as if you know something we don't ? , The truth is no one knows what the long term effects of this vaccine are going to be.

if you quit interpreting data as you want to see it

I'm not interpreting the Data one way or the other I'm simply presenting the Data objectively .

Have a look at the COVID-19 Dashboard
by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

For the US, weekly deaths from COVID-19 peaked in January 2021, and this was prior to vaccine rollout. Yet, now, with more than double the weekly cases than occurred back then, weekly deaths from COVID-19 have halved. Twice as many cases, but half as many deaths.

In the UK, the disparity between weekly deaths and weekly cases is even more marked.

The same pattern of reducing deaths, despite increasing number of weekly infection numbers, shows in the overall statistics for the rest of the world as well.

There must be some reason for the reduction in mortality, and it does correlate well with the uptake of the vaccines.

edit on 4/1/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

well if you kill the unhealthy you'll have fewer deaths as you run out of weak targets.

or Perhaps more people are taking care of their health now?

The differences between the Cruise ship infections at the beginning and society at large now are the same percentages of surviving and deaths.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   

There must be some reason for the reduction in mortality, and it does correlate well with the uptake of the vaccines.

There is , it's because SARS-COV19 is mutating becoming more Infectious and less deadly that is after all what a Virus does.

I mean if the Vaccine worked as advertised , the Vaccinated would not be catching Covid-19 right ?

Still though the number of fully Vaccinated who are contracting the Virus is disturbing .
edit on 4-1-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

well if you kill the unhealthy you'll have fewer deaths as you run out of weak targets.

or Perhaps more people are taking care of their health now?

The differences between the Cruise ship infections at the beginning and society at large now are the same percentages of surviving and deaths.

In the US they have hundreds of millions of unvaccinated and never infected people, so I doubt they will be running out of those with comorbidities as well, in the short term.

Also, I was comparing the number of weekly infections when deaths were at their peak, to today when there are twice as many new weekly cases, yet half as many deaths. That is a vastly different ratio.

When cruise ship infections were happening, there were few cases overall.

On the week of 18 January 2021, in the US, there were 23,415 deaths registered with COVID-19 as cause of death with 1,735,000 new cases that week.

Last week, in the US, there were 8,731 deaths registered with COVID-19 as cause of death with 2,824,000 new cases that week.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

So of the deaths in 18 January 2021
how many where in care homes and already aged? How many were assumed with covid and not PCR tested?
How many tests were performed back then?
How many asymptomatic people where in the USA?
What variant was doing the killing compared to today weaker variant?
How many died due to incorrect treatments and delay actions?
How many would have survived if the known treatments today were used then?

To many variables for you to do a comparison with vaccine v natural/treatments.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
in reply to: tanstaafl

I completely understand what a comorbidity is, but for there to be any meat to this OP, we have to call pneumonia a comorbidity.

No, we don't.

94+% of those who die have multiple actual co-morbidities... obesity/diabetes/hyper-insulemia/insulin-resistance, etc.

They're calling anything else listed on a death certificate, besides covid, a comorbidity.

No, they aren't. You can die from complicating factors. Pneumonia is a complicating factor. It isn't a comorbidity.

In the link OP provided, it links to The CDC. Check table 3.

Done - the word co-morbidity is nowhere to be found. It talks of causes, and yes, pneumonia can be a causal/contributing factor - but what caused them to be susceptible to pneumonia in the first place?

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
CDC-List of comorbidities
Weird, the CDC says that you are more likely to become severely ill from covid if you have certain co-morbidities.... not that you will develop those co-morbidities if you get covid.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

In the US they have hundreds of millions of unvaccinated and never infected people, so I doubt they will be running out of those with comorbidities as well, in the short term.

I just checked the numbers.
58 million have had covid.
205 million are fully vaccinated.
US population is approximately 330 million.

Math says less than 100 million are unvaccinated and never infected. Not hundreds of millions.

Worldometer
Our World in Data
macrotrends

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I just checked the numbers.
58 million have had covid.
205 million are fully vaccinated.
US population is approximately 330 million.

Math says less than 100 million are unvaccinated and never infected. Not hundreds of millions.

Worldometer
Our World in Data
macrotrends

OK, a hundred million. I'll go with that. That's still almost 1/3rd of the US population (in very approximate figures).

If it has taken 2 years to get to 57,702,377 cases in the US, if no further people vaccinate (and US weekly vaccination numbers are falling, so not that unreasonable), and things progress as they have previously, then it could take nearly another two years to infect all those remaining 100 million (again, I'm using very approximate figures based on linear growth and ignoring the wildly fluctuating numbers of actual cases).

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   

OK, a hundred million. I'll go with that.

Go with it, but it is 63 million.
Keep in mind that we are working with confirmed positive cases,so there may be many people that have had it with mild symptoms, and didn't get tested.
Now with Omicron here spreading rapidly, the pool of uninfected has to be dwindling quickly.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes, but when you look at these comorbitieis they include things like hypertension which effects around 50 million people in the US, and Diabetes which effects 24 million people in the US.

That's an awful lot of people.

Some of the other comorbidities that they're counting are actually things that can be caused by Covid, such as renal or lung complaints.

The takeaway for this shouldn't be that "young and healthy people will do OK". It should be "1 in 8 of the US population is at moderate to high risk".

Even if Covid doesn't kill you, and it probably won't, imply catching it is ruining an awful lot of good people. Good people who miss a weeks worth of shifts because they caught covid, good people who spent a couple of days on oxygen and have to choose between paying the bill for it and paying rent.

It might not even be you, if you have to look after an elderly relative, or pay their care bills if they catch covid.

Covid is putting a lot of people on the breadline even if it doesn't kill them.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

OK, a hundred million. I'll go with that.

Go with it, but it is 63 million.
Keep in mind that we are working with confirmed positive cases,so there may be many people that have had it with mild symptoms, and didn't get tested.
Now with Omicron here spreading rapidly, the pool of uninfected has to be dwindling quickly.

Both our numbers are very approximate but even 63 million is an enormous number and it would preemptive to suggest the pandemic spread is over, at least for the next year.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Even if Covid doesn't kill you, and it probably won't, imply catching it is ruining an awful lot of good people. Good people who miss a weeks worth of shifts because they caught covid, good people who spent a couple of days on oxygen and have to choose between paying the bill for it and paying rent. It might not even be you, if you have to look after an elderly relative, or pay their care bills if they catch covid. Covid is putting a lot of people on the breadline even if it doesn't kill them.
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Most of what your saying has nothing to do with the Actual Virus , but it is a direct correlation of Governmental Policies .

It is the Government that is putting people out of work over a Virus that 99% of people survive .

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would suspect if the flu or other such illnesses were also looked at this way, the result would be the same. People that die from the flu had multiple comorbidities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join