It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Intelligent Inventor Says Evolution is "Science Fiction"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
From the inventor of the MRI Scanner

See the Video

Raymond Damadian the inventor of the machine said at one time he believed there was no God, but admits he was wrong and Evolution is just Science Fiction. Very interesting only about 4 minutes to watch.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Did his MRI machine find a soul inside someone's body or something?

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Has he beome mentall ill ? Perhaps part of the "mass formation psychosis" ?

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Only problem with your story is Sir Peter Mansfield invented The MRI Scanner.

The story of how Sir Peter Mansfield invented the MRI scanner and won the Nobel Prize.

www.nottinghampost.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Of course it is. It's another one of those things that was just sort of flowed out because it sounded "reasonable", but try and find in the fossil record any in-betweens like a stubby winged bat or partial pouched marsupial or a butterfly that "sorta" metamorphosed.

The reality is man, other than a vague similarity to some animals, is a significant entity in this universe capable of many great things that have nothing to do with evolution and definitely nothing to do with apes. Anyone who has seen the other side of things finds evolution laughable, but those that want to struggle along in their atheism, comically bragging about being of superior intellect, will continue to do so. Let them. They may or may not see things differently someday, but that is their thing. Some will find the truth and that is all that matters.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

This thread is not about souls .
Learn to read with comprehension , and post with intellect.

Now , where do you stand on the real topic ?

The more physicists peel back the onion of how the universe works , the greater the evidence for creation or a simulation .

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The story of how Sir Peter Mansfield invented the MRI scanner and won the Nobel Prize.

This seems like one of those Marconi/Tesla things

en.wikipedia.org...

Raymond Vahan Damadian (born March 16, 1936) is an American physician of Armenian descent, medical practitioner, and inventor of the first MR (Magnetic Resonance) Scanning Machine.[1][2][3]

Damadian's research into sodium and potassium in living cells led him to his first experiments with nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) which caused him to first propose the MR body scanner in 1969. Damadian discovered that tumors and normal tissue can be distinguished in vivo by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) because of their prolonged relaxation times, both T1 (spin-lattice relaxation) or T2 (spin-spin relaxation). Damadian was the first to perform a full-body scan of a human being in 1977 to diagnose cancer. Damadian invented an apparatus and method to use NMR safely and accurately to scan the human body, a method now well known as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).[4]

Damadian has received several prizes. In 2001, the Lemelson-MIT Prize Program bestowed its $100,000 Lifetime Achievement Award on Damadian as "the man who invented the MRI scanner."[5]

Damadian is said to have invented the MR in 1969 and done a full body scan in 1977. Mansfield in 1978 according to your article.
edit on 3-1-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I believe the people who invented the steam engine, automobile and microchip were also religious, but that does not prove the existence of anything supernatural...

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
double post
edit on 3-1-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

en.wikipedia.org...

Raymond Vahan Damadian (born March 16, 1936) is an American physician of Armenian descent, medical practitioner, and inventor of the first MR (Magnetic Resonance) Scanning Machine.[1][2][3]

Damadian's research into sodium and potassium in living cells led him to his first experiments with nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) which caused him to first propose the MR body scanner in 1969. Damadian discovered that tumors and normal tissue can be distinguished in vivo by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) because of their prolonged relaxation times, both T1 (spin-lattice relaxation) or T2 (spin-spin relaxation). Damadian was the first to perform a full-body scan of a human being in 1977 to diagnose cancer. Damadian invented an apparatus and method to use NMR safely and accurately to scan the human body, a method now well known as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).[4]

Damadian has received several prizes. In 2001, the Lemelson-MIT Prize Program bestowed its $100,000 Lifetime Achievement Award on Damadian as "the man who invented the MRI scanner."[5]

Damadian is said to have invented the MR in 1969 and done a full body scan in 1977. Mansfield in 1978 according to your article.

Full story here.

www.nobelprize.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The more physicists peel back the onion of how the universe works , the greater the evidence for creation or a simulation .

I''m all for openmindedness ,but no evidence exists for a simulation ,only Speculation. Not even a hypothesies.
I believe TzarChasm was being a little facetious,but with humour embedded, Well i laughed

edit on Mon, 03 Jan 2022 17:58:32 -0600585America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

A crude early design .
The MRI , as it is today , was developed by Raymond Damadian using NRM .

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

I''m all for openmindedness ,but no evidence exists for a simulation ,only Speculation and theories. Not even a hypothesies.
I believe TzarChasm was being a little facetious,but with hunour embedded, Well i laughed

I do occasionally .
Especially at off-topic posts created due to an ignorance of the original topic .

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

en.wikipedia.org...

Full story here.

www.nobelprize.org...

www.gehealthcare.com...

Damadian did the first body scans. Mansfield made the process faster. Your "gotcha" in trying to tear down the OP simply does not exist with respect to inferring they are wrong in who "invented" it. It is clearly a very close and interrelated effort.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It was a subtle remark on the absolute lack of any actual science in a YouTube video with less than 100 views and... *checks notes* exactly ONE upvote. And there's the fact that Damadian didn't invent the MRI scanner.

While NMR uses radiation frequencies to generate information, MRI generates information based on radiation intensity. In NMR spectroscopy, the goal is to determine the chemical structure of matter whereas. In MRI imaging, the goal is to generate detailed images of the body.

Clearly, there's a difference. But why would you care about such details?

edit on 3-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As someone who does not believe in God or gods, I don't believe evolution is the only answer to explain anatomically modern humans. There may be more to the story than we are presently aware of.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
As someone who does not believe in God or gods, I don't believe evolution is the only answer to explain anatomically modern humans. There may be more to the story than we are presently aware of.

I like the way you think.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Recently they decided he played no role in the invention of the MRI and awarded the Nobel prize to Lauterbur and Mansfield in 2003. Apparently, his method was not used Damadian had hypothesized that NMR relaxation times might be used to detect cancer, he did not develop (nor did he suggest) the current way of creating images. Since the Nobel Prize was awarded to Lauterbur and Mansfield for the development of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging and he played no role in it he was denied credit. His method took 7 hours to scan an image imagine sitting in that thing for 7 hours. His method just wasn't practical and turned out wasn't as accurate.

As far as his religious beliefs go it's his opinion so it's irrelevant what he believes. My mailman believes god created us as well is that relevant? Oh and the current theory doesn't create something out of anything there is no such thing as nothing. It also has nothing to do with evolution so even mentioning it shows he has no concept of the theory.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I''m all for openmindedness ,but no evidence exists for a simulation ,only Speculation and theories. Not even a hypothesies.
I believe TzarChasm was being a little facetious,but with hunour embedded, Well i laughed

I do occasionally .
Especially at off-topic posts created due to an ignorance of the original topic .

You want to impress someone who finds the statistical data around creationism impossible to compute, invent a new MRI machine that measures a deity or any divine cosmic creature and get that on video for the whole world to dissect. Even better, bring us a live specimen.

"humans are so incredibly complex and majestic that only the most supreme power in the universe could think to make them"

That's the science. That's all of it. Great video, two thumbs up and right into my eyeballs for all the incredible biology and engineering I learned because of the MRI guy.

edit on 3-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Has he beome mentall ill ? Perhaps part of the "mass formation psychosis" ?

The man is 85 years old. He may have lost a step, or two.

Denny

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join