It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman Tortured, Raped, Emasculated by DC Comics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

According to 12-Years a Slave-screenplay-writer-turned-comics-author John Ridley, his decision to pen a story for DC Comics in which Superman is implied to have been sexually tortured during one of his previous Silver Age adventures was made in order to provide commentary on his personal perception that “the prevailing culture in this country” is “when bad things happen to people who are traditionally marginalized, there’s this feeling of okay, we get it, it was wrong, let’s just move on.”

Slowly making his way through the now-defunct facility, Superman then begins to reminisce on his time as Koslov’s captive.

“I was held for eight months,” he recalls. “Eight months of starvation, indoctrination, and forced labor. Eight months of being used as a propaganda tool to prove the weakness of the West. But…I’m Superman, right? Superman’s invulnerable. Superman can survive anything. That was the lie I told myself every night.”

It is here that Ridley appears to put a darker, more violent spin on Superman’s time in captivity – one neither seen nor hinted at in the original story, but rather only assumed as a possibility due to the real-world implications of its setting – as Clark turns to confront his own implied sexual torture at the hands of Koslov’s men.

His memory showing him restrained in a bent over position and screaming out in pain from what the dialogue suggests to be some combination of both outright rape and penetretation with foreign objects, Clark continues, “But every day…every day they would drag me into the ‘interview room. Every day they would restrain me in a way that left me exposed and vulnerable. And everyday for eight months, they…they did things to me.”

“They did things to me while I was forced to look at him. Nikolai Koslov. The commander of the Shervernaz, the Devil of Lubania,” he adds. “It wasn’t just the torture. Koslov showed me what it was like to be truly without power. Helpless in a way Lluthor or Braniac never made me feel. Humiliated. Shamed.”

From Bounding in the Comics, link Here.

Doomock (OverlordDVD) commentary on this story:

I'm not sharing this to outrage people. I think there's plenty of rage out there right now. It is important that everyone sees the blatant emulating of our cultural icons. It is not a mere opinion or a matter of preceptive. It is a FACT that our beloved myths are being sabotaged, our strong male heroes defaced. This is the intentional destruction of our cultural identity. Art unites, propaganda divides. This is all about division.

Please stop supporting DC Comics. For that matter, any company which is trying to hard to ruin our culture. It is as deliberate and evil as it is blatant.

We must create new stories, new iconic characters, new ideas to unite us. Together we stand, divided we fall. Don't support those who seek to divide us.
edit on 3-1-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Superman has been captured and brainwashed by Darkseid, what's the problem? Imagine bad people wanting to do bad things to Superman. He's like one of the biggest targets for bad guys in DC. In Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Darkseid depowers Superman completely with liquid Kryptonite and he's rendered powerless. Talk about emasculation.

Who knew people could be triggered by a comic book.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Superman has been captured and brainwashed by Darkseid, what's the problem? Imagine bad people wanting to do bad things to Superman. He's like one of the biggest targets for bad guys in DC. In Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Darkseid depowers Superman completely with liquid Kryptonite and he's rendered powerless. Talk about emasculation.

Who knew people could be triggered by a comic book.

I think we're talking about anal rape here and it's suggestion in comics for children. You have to appreciate that in terms of psychology - it's effect on the minds of impressionable children. Superman is supposed to be invulnerable. Children are interested in that concept because they are vulnerable. But their hero turns out to not only be vulnerable when in conflict with powerful opponents, he can also be bent over a barrel and be sodomised with horrific dildos. The fear is crystallised in them - do not oppose the powerful or you may be restrained and forced to endure homosexual sadism. That theme has already been portrayed in M.A. films.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

One more thing that Superman has gone through. He's been killed, saw his dog die, etc and so forth. I think it's been proven time and time again that while Superman may be near invincible. He is still vulnerable to certain things. The whole superhero premise is placing the heroes in impossible situations and seeing how they react. Sometimes they overcome.... sometimes they do everything right and still lose. Sometimes bad things happens and they come out forever changed. Not every story has a happy ending.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Sounds like Superman is falsifying a trauma, fabricating a story that never actually happened, in order to gain sympathy.

It could also be interpreted as Superman's desire for some sort of revenge-rape.

Superman says, "So I've come back to Lubania to face the devil. All those months of 'interviewing' me. This will be MY interview."

Revenge for the sake of revenge. It's not about justice. It's all about payback for Superman.

Good lessons that all children should be taught.

I wonder if implied anal rape in a comic requires a parental advisory label....

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I dunno from the last couple thought bubbles, it kinda sounds like Superman is gonna do some raping himself.

Just me? Maybe an interview is just an interview….

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

It's blatant anti-white propaganda.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Please stop supporting DC Comics. For that matter, any company which is trying to hard to ruin our culture. It is as deliberate and evil as it is blatant.

You're aware our culture is based on raping and pillaging? First you invade, then you rape and pillage. It happened a lot in North America. If anything, this comic is taking a page out of European/North American culture and showing you the reality of conquest. You can definitely find videos online of American soldiers sexually assaulting Iraqui POWs.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It's a blatant attack on masculinity and our culture. This was my argument. If you disagree, just say so. Don't act like you can't read English.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

No our culture is not "based" on raping and pillaging. You could make that argument about almost any society that has ever existed on this Earth. You can also say our culture is based on urinating and pooping. Our culture is based on rioting and looting. Our culture is based on gravity and oxygen. Our culture is based on fantasy and comic books. Our culture is based on science and mathematics. Our culture is based on drugs and booze. Our culture is based on liberalism. Our culture is based on conservative ideals. Our culture is based on philosophy and theory. Our culture is based on progress. Our culture is based on traditions. Our culture is based on...

It's a nonsense statement.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Well that's your opinion. And I disagree. I just see it as another in a long line of stories where Superman is taken down and subjugated by a villain in a long list of villain's. I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Okie dokie.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If this comic reaches one kid that's either in the process of or has been 'abused', and gives said kid a sense of hope, or desensitizes them enough, or empowers them to tell someone, then I don't care if the man of steel as well as all the other heroes take a weekly funging.
edit on 27-1-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: comma

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I wonder if politics is even a part of this. It looks like someone wanted to produce a comic about a violent S-M fantasy and used the "Superman universe" to (unconvincingly) conceal that goal.

Yeah, DC Comics should have stayed away from this one.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The biggest problem with Superman is writing Superman. He just too powerful of character, that he can just usually punch his way out of situations with the odd times needing to use his brains.

Even Stan Lee admitted he is a very difficult character to write because he been around so long, nearly impossible to change an is just too over powered. Said it much easier to write characters like Batman or Watchmen, cause they can be more relatable.

Usually from what I've seen some of his best stories is about how human he can be, and made more sales when he got killed by Doomsday.

Id like to see a story about Wolverine or Batman going through this, cause their will be blood, or leaving the villain begging for death. Not only that a ruthless Superman could just laser eye from space, but he is a Boy Scout. He doesn't follow any moral code, he just doesn't want to kill, and it even bored the Joker when he figured him out.

And in many alternate reality spin off he doesn't hold back after being pushed and is more then willing too.
edit on 28-1-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It looks like someone wanted to produce a comic about a violent S-M fantasy and used the "Superman universe" to (unconvincingly) conceal that goal.

This is quite possible. Would be sad though. You'd think DC would be able to sniff out that type of Disney Fight club nonsense.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Well, I've been following...or was following for a while...what was happening with DC Comics, artistically and culturally. Sources like Bounding in the Comics and Pirates and Princesses/Clownfish TV kept me up to date with numerous public remarks by DC comics, mission statements, as well as storylines. DC Comics have become extremely woke. Guess I just assumed that everyone basically realized by now that all...or most major entertainment properties have been deliberately sabotaged for years now. But I should have realized not everyone follows geek culture as closely lol

top topics

join