It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Retirement Crisis - A Threat That Is Being Ignored

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We have been talking about survival. We are expecting chaos when the SHTF. What we have not really talked about, is what that truly is likely to look like.

In many threads posters have stated that the Baby Boomers are the reason for the downfall of our country. Being a Baby Boomer, I agree with them. I don't agree with the why.

I ran across this video and I think it really takes a good look at what happened. and how we got here.

Boomers have been duped and we have bought into the lies for over half a century.
We were more educated than The Greatest Generation, but all those old ways we were taught, that we quickly turned away from, are most likely the only hope we have for get ourselves out of this mess.

We know that TPTB control us. We have not given any thought to just how far that control goes. We sold our souls to the devil and now the payment is coming due.

They keeps us distracted. They keep us on the hamster wheel of life, and they hope like hell we will die before we find our way out.

They are pushing the new con of the Green Deal, because they know that it is not long before we all realize that the Emperor is naked. Things are about to get nasty. The division will be greater. And those that retired early will do much better than those that retire later, but we are all going to take a hit.

edit on 3-1-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I’ve said before that I think the retirees/pensioners are the reason COVID was released. Then they targeted the elderly by making nursing homes covid centers. To kill off the retired.

You see they love our earnings going into 401s, social security, Roth IRA, anything that puts money in their hands. They don’t want to give it back. Especially with interest, and really want to swallow up the principle too.

I’m lucky to have a pension, but they make cuts every year. They changed the multiplier, and changed overtime from being figured in the high 3. Now! We are being forced into overtime, paying the pension fund with overtime, but don’t get back the OT dollars calculated in. Seems crooked eh? Don’t even look into how they raped the nation with social security!

We have had 2 fireman die from covid, one was eligible to retire, the other had retired 1 year ago. Both got the royal flush treatment at the hospital and died (murdered) on a ventilator.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
And those that retired early will do much better than those that retire later, but we are all going to take a hit.

I'm not a sociologist, but what I've observed is large-scale comfortable retirement was unique to the Greatest and Boomer generations. Before then, you worked until no longer able, then your kids took care of you. Three generations under one roof were not uncommon. Somewhere we went from that, to bucket lists and an expected lifestyle. A big improvement but also not sustainable, esp. with a collapsed birth rate.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

And those that retired early will do much better than those that retire later, but we are all going to take a hit.

I'm not a sociologist, but what I've observed is large-scale comfortable retirement was unique to the Greatest and Boomer generations. Before then, you worked until no longer able, then your kids took care of you. Three generations under one roof were not uncommon. Somewhere we went from that, to bucket lists and an expected lifestyle. A big improvement but also not sustainable, esp. with a collapsed birth rate.

Now I really understand the adage, "the road to Hell, is paved with good intentions."

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The whole thing about personal security is the same old story the more third parties are involved the more tenuous that security becomes, but it isn't just about reitement If you don't have land, to grow food and raise a few chickens, or have the ability to go someplace and do so. people just don't seem to think that it all comes down to this in the end you have to do something and get your hands dirty. Or even ask the question of how many hours a week would I have to work to feed myself and family? it isn't as many as you spend on the meaningless wage slave grind in the city. When that way of living gets plugged into a community if someone's needs are not met they soon will be because of supply and demand.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Should pensioners be culled at this stage?

Many on the extremes would argued yes!

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The whole thing about personal security is the same old story the more third parties are involved the more tenuous that security becomes, but it isn't just about reitement If you don't have land, to grow food and raise a few chickens, or have the ability to go someplace and do so. people just don't seem to think that it all comes down to this in the end you have to do something and get your hands dirty. Or even ask the question of how many hours a week would I have to work to feed myself and family? it isn't as many as you spend on the meaningless wage slave grind in the city. When that way of living gets plugged into a community if someone's needs are not met they soon will be because of supply and demand.

I used to be an independent contractor. That is how I gauged all may spending. How many hour did I have to work to buy gas, pay for groceries, get my hair done?

Even my children learned to gauge cost by the numbers of hours I would have to work to make it happen. Needless to say, I didn't get my hair done too often. I learned to live of what I needed, not what I wanted.

To this day my Mother says she has never seen anyone so generous when it comes to others, but I can make a penny squeal when it comes to spending on myself.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As a millennial, blaming baby boomers is foolish. Every generation would have done what the baby boomers did given the scenario they grew up in and parameters they grew up with. Generations are just humans growing up with certain inputs. There’s no generation that is of a different human breed than another so given the same input and environment, the same thing would have happened.

Furthermore-this generation literally has more comforts than any other generation in known history (you literally just need to press a button to have food delivered to your front door)-yet lambast against the horrors of modern society. This site is a big contributor to that overall sense of apocalypse when they are living extremely well and in extreme comfort-I am not sure if a lot of people on here even work yet they still seem to have a roof over their heads, internet and food-for instance.
edit on 3-1-2022 by AcrobaticDreams because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The government (both sides) have been printing money like it's going out of style. They transfer the vast bulk of these 'invisible' dollars to other countries. The big recipients transfer a small percentage back to the politicians (they ensure they get it ... this is how our politicians are bought ... they work for them/themselves ... not us). Where do you think the BILLIONS of dollars overflowing the coffers of the Clinton Foundation came from? The Clinton Foundation is just one example that is so obvious. And yet nothing was ever done about it.

The truth is, Americans became 'invested' in their own currency, but they failed to maintain control over it (thanks a lot Tricky Dick Nixon).

If anyone thinks any of their fiat currency is worth even a second glance: Think again. We're all broke.

This is why all of the governments of the Western World are doing exactly the same things in their respective countries. And ... that's why you should really love the diversity you find here on ATS. Everyone is sharing the same stories, because all of the governments realize that China owns the American Dollar now. China owns the world's reserve currency. People like Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan and John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi enriched themselves temporarily at your expense.

If/When people are PO'd enough, they'll take out the rich and the elite. They'll drive the Tired and Poor Huddled Illegal Immigrants back across the border or use 'em for fertilizer. Won't be much in the way of subsidies anymore. Hopefully there'll be some new rules: like no taxes being taken from citizens at or above the county level ever again. If you own land ... you own it. It stays in the family unless the family lets it go idle. Common Sense level stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I’ve said before that I think the retirees/pensioners are the reason COVID was released. Then they targeted the elderly by making nursing homes covid centers. To kill off the retired.

You see they love our earnings going into 401s, social security, Roth IRA, anything that puts money in their hands. They don’t want to give it back. Especially with interest, and really want to swallow up the principle too.

I’m lucky to have a pension, but they make cuts every year. They changed the multiplier, and changed overtime from being figured in the high 3. Now! We are being forced into overtime, paying the pension fund with overtime, but don’t get back the OT dollars calculated in. Seems crooked eh? Don’t even look into how they raped the nation with social security!

We have had 2 fireman die from covid, one was eligible to retire, the other had retired 1 year ago. Both got the royal flush treatment at the hospital and died (murdered) on a ventilator.

Yep. We are heading for a big dump. The number of Boomers retiring has been increasing every year, and now with COVID that number is likely to increase even more.

They loved riding the gravy train when the Boomers were young, and they were piling that money into their coffers. Now they are crying the blues, and scheming like crazy, to come up with a way that they do not have to return that money. Especially not in the numbers of payoffs that will come due all at the same time.

COVID is a giant ploy, to keep us blind to the truth. With COVID they up their control, increase our fear, and it is a perfect cover for the deaths of thousands.

So you might be on to something.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If anyone thinks any of their fiat currency is worth even a second glance: Think again. We're all broke.

I think that is one of the things that COVID was created to distract us from. Just around the time of COVID it was reported that oil had gone down to less than one cent a barrel. They shut down everything and offered everyone "free" money. Anyone past of the age of ten, know that there is nothing free, especially not money. We were rapidly facing a financial collapse. They had to do some fast work behind that curtain.

There were reports of China buying large parcels of land here in America, and that was allowed, probably due to our inability to pay our debt to them.

It has been reported that a larger number of illegal immigrants are returning home voluntarily. Some of them are realizing that the American dream is nothing more than a dream. Some realize they may make more money, but the cost of living here, eats up the additional money faster.

We know that we can't keep going the way we are. We can't continue to ignore the handwriting on the wall.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

They loved riding the gravy train when the Boomers were young, and they were piling that money into their coffers. Now they are crying the blues, and scheming like crazy, to come up with a way that they do not have to return that money.

Every Ponzi scheme breaks down when the investors want what they believe they've earned.

They're going to erase everyone's pensions.
They're going to erase every social safety net.
They're going to remember anything you could have considered a debt.
They're going to let the old folks fend for themselves.

Ha-Ha ... we think the toilette paper shortage was bad ... until we take a look at Venezuela, or remember the history of other Communist Regime emergences.

Pretty soon people are going to appreciate us bitter-clingers. LMAO

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I actually blame my generation for this s###show gen x.

We were the ones that started timeout for punishment and let them take the pledge out of schools.

We were the ones that welcomed this PC BS.

We allowed computers and social media to take over. This is on us IMO

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I’d give you two flags if I could.

This topic is so important and you’re right nobody is talking about it……or
Maybe nobody wants to talk about it because we know how bad it’s going to be.

When the rug is pulled up, how will people land.
Those most reliant on the government are going to be in a world of hurt.
I guess those reliant on too much of anything will be really bad off.
Too much medicine, too much alcohol, too much food, too much technology.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
I actually blame my generation for this s###show gen x.

We were the ones that started timeout for punishment and let them take the pledge out of schools.

We were the ones that welcomed this PC BS.

We allowed computers and social media to take over. This is on us IMO

I won’t take all the blame. Why did we get rid of punishment, maybe because we were actually abused.
Why did we take the pledge out? Maybe because we were never given choices.
Yes the pendulum swung a little too far, but there were reasons why.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I’d give you two flags if I could.

This topic is so important and you’re right nobody is talking about it……or
Maybe nobody wants to talk about it because we know how bad it’s going to be.

When the rug is pulled up, how will people land.
Those most reliant on the government are going to be in a world of hurt.
I guess those reliant on too much of anything will be really bad off.
Too much medicine, too much alcohol, too much food, too much technology.

Yes. Were are the generation of excess. Super sized meals, buy one get one free, sticking our noses up at, and trashing leftovers. If one is good. Two has to be better.

We are indeed about to have the rug pulled out from under our feet. Those that have rugs.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

They loved riding the gravy train when the Boomers were young, and they were piling that money into their coffers. Now they are crying the blues, and scheming like crazy, to come up with a way that they do not have to return that money.

Every Ponzi scheme breaks down when the investors want what they believe they've earned.

They're going to erase everyone's pensions.
They're going to erase every social safety net.
They're going to remember anything you could have considered a debt.
They're going to let the old folks fend for themselves.

Ha-Ha ... we think the toilette paper shortage was bad ... until we take a look at Venezuela, or remember the history of other Communist Regime emergences.

Pretty soon people are going to appreciate us bitter-clingers. LMAO

I think you described, The Great Reset.

I don't think anyone has said anything about how we may all end up as White Monkeys.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

As an elderly, feeble, small, shriveled boomer, I'm actively planning my retirement.

Not sure where.

Not sure when.

My plan is to reach out to a certain "Nigerian" member of royalty that I know of, and buy scratchers.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun
We could have done better! I couldn't even find anyone my age to converse with in my 20's and 30's. They all said "you think too much" or "you're too intelligent" my response was "no you're to lazy". I know that they respected my opinions but they felt like the topics we're over their heads. I think it was immaturity. It seems like it took Gen Xers longer to grow up and now it is taking their kids even longer....It is a scary future for us all!

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

This. The masses have always worked till you dropped...

There crisis is that people are living longer due to advances in healthcare and standard of living. As a result, the math no longer works for a long retirement because people are living far longer than normal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join