It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nobody Has Ever Complied Their Way Out of Totalitarianism"--RFK Jr.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

Okay. Leadership and a plan are key. So where's that going to come from?

When I know, I'll pass it on. Right now, I'm waiting, learning, and watching.

I assume there'll be some form of third party platform involved, given the content policies on this forum.

no. I'm not the hide in the shadows kind of guy. I don't do anything to warrant police attention, I'd much rather work with them, than against them. But eventually, the idiots who are cheering all this on will realize that they have the same view through the bars as the rest of us, and we can all tell the government in a nice tone that they need to make some changes. But it will have to wait until the sleepers such as yourself, wake up.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I would most definately support him over Brandon.

But it would not matter if my first what-if is true.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

I would most definately support him over Brandon.

But it would not matter if my first what-if is true.

Fingers crossed.🤞

#Tucker2024

a reply to: network dude

I have a family. If that gets taken away, and I've nothing else to live for, then I can start packing my bags for Valhalla and planning my last moments as a freedom fighter.

Seems like almost everybody is waiting until there's nothing left to do except die as honorably as possible.

edit on 3-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Family is where the rubber meets the road for most. Family is worth EVERYTHING to protect. When you can no longer do that, a single person with nothing to lose becomes an awesome force. Times a million or so, difficult to subdue and control!

edit on 1/3/2022 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Let me see if I can sum up this up in a different way than others have already eloquently explained it.

It's a precept by which I've found myself living for most of my adult life, and it's neither my first nor last time typing this phrase on this forum.

Con si pacem para bellum

This saying was attributed to a prodigious writer in the Roman empire, the irony being the parallels between the trajectories of his civilization and ours is undeniable.

One Theodore Roosevelt later rekindled the spirit of this philosophy in coining the phrase "Speak softly and carry a big stick".

To put it into more modern parlance, and I think a lot of members here probably feel the same way, we neither relish nor start fights, but if/when they occur, we plan on finishing them.

If one lived through 2020 where, at least here in the U.S., roving mobs of violent BLM/ANTIFAH "protestors" looted, burned and accosted/menaced bystanders, often without any resistance or reprisal from gubm't, my suggestion would be to take your own safety and security more seriously. Relying on others to do so is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

no. I'm not the hide in the shadows kind of guy. I don't do anything to warrant police attention, I'd much rather work with them, than against them. But eventually, the idiots who are cheering all this on will realize that they have the same view through the bars as the rest of us, and we can all tell the government in a nice tone that they need to make some changes. But it will have to wait until the sleepers such as yourself, wake up.

Asking the gubm't nicely, pretty please with a cherry on top, to enact change, is proving to be a rather impotent exercise.

The dysfunction we've come to know can be no better demonstrated than the fact that Anthony Fauci, whose actions and decision making with respect to the goings on at the Wuhan lab resulted in the deaths of millions world-wide, but is not only still a free man but allowed to go on blathering about the pandemic which he helped architect.

Right now there are probably more federal law enforcement agents monitoring this site than investigating a man who helped set up a biological research facility in China that unleashed the worst man-made disaster in human history.

If my tone on our modern governmental system appears a bit cynical, well.......duh.

I think government will only go back to serving the wished of We The People when it's dragged kicking and screaming, and they seem to be on a mission now to eliminate those best positioned, either through peaceful or other means, to do the dragging.
edit on 3-1-2022 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Seems like almost everybody is waiting until there's nothing left to do except die as honorably as possible.

no, just waiting for the cheer leaders to realize they aren't any better off than those of us who are "the unwashed, unvaxed masses". As for now, they still believe they are in some elite group. Who still have to follow the same restrictions the rest do. They just smile behind their masks made from t-shirts.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What if... xxxxxxxxxxxx runs for president?

Oh, now you've done it. Take it back, take it back. Edit that name out of your post, see, I already have so that no one can read it. Stop it now.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Does He offer some "solutions" ?

Or are these statements just fodder for philosophy that gets people in more trouble (sound familiar?) ?

Be very careful who we trust !!!! (especially as we watch it all happen 😁)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

it will take the majority of the US to realize that we are on the wrong track. A few are realizing it, but the programming is strong and continues to work wonders on the minds of those who consume it.

A few right wingers with guns is exactly what the left machine is hoping for. They need more Jan 6th material. A good many of us right here saw that whole thing as playing right into the left's hands, as it happened. To defeat your enemy, you need to be smarter than them. If you aren't, you won't win. What happened last year at this time wasn't smart, at all.

Leadership is the key to making things change. I just hope we find the right kind and soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

You can always vote in authoritarian rule, but eventually you'll have to shoot your way out.

I keep seeing this type of comment but it's never specified who exactly the weapon is aimed at, or who is pulling the trigger.

You don’t know because you don’t want to . I went and researched it twenty years ago . It was easy to find then . Are we to believe you’re too ignorant too find out yourself ? I know 100 percent that you’re not here for the truth . You have fun running interference on here . Jesus I hope it’s worth it man . Me I’d rather die right now then to know I carried water for the evil elite but that’s what you do so carry on . No thanks for trying to ruin our website . Say hi to the rothschilds and soros .

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm not suggesting a totalitarian regime just quietly and politely surrenders their grip on the nation. I'm wondering who is brave enough to commit to the sins of war, since that's what "shooting your way out" amounts to.

How else does a totalitarian regime surrender its grip on a nation?

Harsh language?

A sterly written letter?

They hire people to promote disinformation online . That’s what governments do . Springer said himself that there here currently doing just that . Doesn’t take much information to know that .

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

it will take the majority of the US to realize that we are on the wrong track. A few are realizing it, but the programming is strong and continues to work wonders on the minds of those who consume it.

A few right wingers with guns is exactly what the left machine is hoping for. They need more Jan 6th material. A good many of us right here saw that whole thing as playing right into the left's hands, as it happened. To defeat your enemy, you need to be smarter than them. If you aren't, you won't win. What happened last year at this time wasn't smart, at all.

Leadership is the key to making things change. I just hope we find the right kind and soon.

On the money, 100%.

While I understood the frustration on 1/6/2021, I concur that it did nothing but strengthen the hands of the incoming administration, and was pure folly. I do agree with some that there were agent provocateurs in the midst of the Jan 6 mobs, but ultimately you are accountable for your own actions. Nobody forced you to walk through smashed in doors.

Ironically, the writings of Sun tzu would be a good primer for those who wish to take the reins in reclaiming the U.S.'s former prestige.

More thinking.

Less reacting.
edit on 3-1-2022 by SleeperHasAwakened because: My date clock is askew

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted
a reply to: putnam6

Here is a what-if for those that will tolerate that sort of discussion.

What-if the ‘big lie’ is actually ‘real truth’, and democrats keep and gain seats in both houses. Then what?

We suck it buttercup or move elsewhere, if the viewpoint isn't strong enough to get a majority it isn't strong enough to lead either. Simple as that, but mostly I think the problem is the younger generation voters, they bought the DNC platform, and until we get that block and energy, it's gonna be a tough row to hoe.

ie the only way this works is to use the system we got, VOTE if we can't win back Congress win some local elections.

I don't even think the other side has the numbers but they own the media they have tremendous influence and know and use all the buzzwords that make the younger voters squeal with delight.

It isn't going to take one person, in each contested state or district there needs to be a concentrated effort to get the vote out. The "meh" part has got to end, but hell that's difficult in these times most people are jaded as hell, and there were already loads of them anyway.

interesting article on this topic. seems he had a bead on this somewhat way back in 1998

www.americanthinker.com...

The one thing I have held onto with “hoops of steel” is a faith in God, a stand erroneously deemed anti-scientific and “fanatical” by self-appointed authorities on truth regarding humanity. I add to this an unquenchable thirst for truth free of distortion injected into it for whatever reason – the kind of truth that rules over opinions and has been called objective for centuries. Objective truth was declared “obsolete” and “invalid,” however, by mental hotshots of the last century because it got in the way of changing fundamental knowledge concerning humanity. They were justified in dumping objectivity because – well, they must have been smarter than everyone who lived before them. No?

In an essay regarding subjective truth, I wrote in 1998:

A public that sways with the wind of opinion-makers – whether of Left, Right, or Muddle (misspelling intended) – is a public that is degraded by exploiters. Tragically those who most need to know don’t know that the cure for social illness begins with a clear sense of right and wrong, a sense washed out of their consciousness by teachers and “role models” who reject or dismiss God as central guide, and family as social center of human society. Their roots severed, their moral compass lost, their balance out of whack, these secularized and critically dependent subjects of government are buttered by minority special interests for membership in the fast-emerging Nanny State of America, subsidiary of Nanny World Order where, in exchange for a universal, standard package of subsistence and entertainment, you behave yourself and like it.
[quote]
edit on 3-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I feel bad that you took time to post a lengthly and obviously well developed comment. But I think you didnt get my point.

edit on 1/3/2022 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

On the money, 100%.

While I understood the frustration on 1/6/2021, I concur that it did nothing but strengthen the hands of the incoming administration, and was pure folly. I do agree with some that there were agent provocateurs in the midst of the Jan 6 mobs, but ultimately you are accountable for your own actions. Nobody forced you to walk through smashed in doors.

Ironically, the writings of Sun tzu would be a good primer for those who wish to take the reins in reclaiming the U.S.'s former prestige.

More thinking.

Less reacting.

Could not agree more... damn. I was watching that with my brother and we both knew this wasn't gonna be good. But what did they do? they used the actions of the few to paint all of us. We have to use their tactics against them, it is not easy with the current media and administration. The sheer fact that they want to paint a meme "Let's go Brandon" as the new rallying cry of the racists and misogynistic right, shows the depths of their paranoia

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Freedom, individual liberties are openly mocked now.

I think that's because nothing can be bought at a reasonable price anymore.

You can't afford to go to college. Have you noticed colleges won't let some kids graduate in the customary 4-year term?
You can't afford to even rent a decent place when you only earn $15/hr.
Hell ... people can't afford the groceries they were buying just a few months ago.
And, don't get me going on the price of fuel, or the crap additives they put in it to destroy the carb on small engines.

And, why are rechargeable batteries so overpriced?

Can't have freedom. Can't be free. Not if you're a threat to the elites. How many packages do you think Bezos mailed out of his warehouses? Yet he's worth hundreds of Billions and all his money was sucked up out of the local communities where it was earned.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

My son would be facing a hard time in college if I wasn't paying for it.

He's got a scholarship now but I'm footing the bill for everything as long as he's getting A's.

I'd like to see him graduate with no college debt.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

He's got a scholarship now but I'm footing the bill for everything as long as he's getting A's.

Best of luck, Brother. Put my son in uniform because he couldn't. He's almost on his own two feet now at 36. Daughter faired a bit better, but she didn't get that BS in 4 years ... and after 2 more walked away with a BA. Yeah ... I feel burned.

Tell your son to do better than that ... and I'll be proud of him if he figures out that increased distance to excel in The Game of Life!!

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I hear ya.
I put two boys through private school and college.

If they hadn't lied about being Native American, I don't know how they would've got those scholarships.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join