It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China claims to have hypersonic infrared tracking ability that can counter the F-22

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Actually, China never once said anything about effective range of their radar. It was put together by people that understand the mechanics far better than most people on a message board, based on real world tests of similar radar systems against similar RCS sized platforms.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: scrounger

The Phoenix was used twice in combat. It was used multiple times in testing and training scenarios that showed issues with hitting targets. Depending on the target altitude, and profile the Phoenix had issues with targets.

It was successfully used many times by the Iranian Air Force during the war with Iraq. From an old Tomcat driver:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Yes, and there’s a lot of skepticism about the claims. There are claims of both a single missile downing two aircraft, and a single missile downing three aircraft. However, as I said in my first post about it, I was only talking about US experience.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent I did see where they have a heat seeking shoulder fire that can distinguish engine heat from flairs by temperature. That sounds easy to defeat unless we didn't know they had it.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

There are several new seekers that are getting interesting. We’re seeing dual mode seekers now, as well as UV in air to air missiles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join