It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid isn't destroying society nor the government - WE are

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This isn't about politics so much as their effect on us all. I see everyone (mostly) falling in to one camp or another. It's as if we don't allow people to simply not join a side. We pressure, we cajole, we mock, we insult, we hurt peoples feelings. Their opinion may or may not be correct, scientific or even motivated by politics but it is what they believe. Right or wrong they are always entitled to that opinion.

It's fine to disagree, that is expected but I see the personal digs going on and on. Maybe the media eggs it on but aren't we mature enough to detach our minds from the media barrage and listen to opinions that we don't agree with? We are doing ourselves in by constantly working and thinking at cross-purpose to each other. We can save this world as we knew it but only if we show respect and act with civility towards each other. The future really is up to us and it will be dictated by our words. It was words that brought this world in to existence, it is through words we are destroying it. Speak with clarity, with wisdom and compassion. Every human deserves that much.
edit on 1-1-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Agreed. Most people on this site are more right leaning and they still think Republicans are the answer. Yet they’re the ones that pushed WMDs and the wars. The people on here think they’re enlightened because they feel disenfranchised and angry.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Unfortunately this isn't new.

We as a society have been conditioned by larger institutions to react in fear. Whether that be from governments so they can garner more authority, or media companies for more viewers.

Critical thinking is out of style. Feelings of personal responsibility are taboo. There's this growing belief that that are two schools of thought for any topic, not just politics. People want or feel things should or are black and white, this or that. They want to make things easy enough that one is good and the other bad, completely void of nuance.

And all of this has lead to a society that is reactive and thinks the only way to change something is to find some kind of savior.

But the reality is the human experience is tricky, and a good portion of it is unknown while we're navigating it. There are very few truths in life. The best we can do is try our hardest to make well informed decisions with the information at hand with the right intentions.

And I believe at the end of the day most people (not those in power, but regular folk) are well intentioned. They truly believe what they say, and come from a place of trying to do what's right even if they're going about it the wrong way. And as long as I remind myself that most people are well intentioned, it makes it far easier to have debates where I strongly disagree with them so long as I know they're not coming from a place of malice.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I think the solutions suggested are valuable on ats. In the outside world, unless we can get people to turn off the tv's, stop reading government propaganda newspapers/websites/radio the messenger will continue to be shot, regardless of tone we take.

I've tried. I got no where. With anyone unless they already have an inkling of what goes on in the background and that was before the jabs. Now, everyone I know who didn't want them but had to for work/convenience is utterly irritated with our non compliance and believe the final barrier back to normal is those who refuse the shots. They have lost the insight and connection that doing something against their will forced upon them.

Society is simply burnt out.

Editing to add, here in canada our media has given compliant people the narrative to use against anyone who asks for caution, more info, more time, and worse the "anti science label" As for right vesus left... I used to think I was left leaning, but then found myself on the other side. I don't even know how it happened and I'm not the only one. The labelling itself is a problem.

edit on 1-1-2022 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
This isn't about politics so much as their effect on us all. I see everyone (mostly) falling in to one camp or another. It's as if we don't allow people to simply not join a side. We pressure, we cajole, we mock, we insult, we hurt peoples feelings. Their opinion may or may not be correct, scientific or even motivated by politics but it is what they believe. Right or wrong they are always entitled to that opinion.

It's fine to disagree, that is expected but I see the personal digs going on and on. Maybe the media eggs it on but aren't we mature enough to detach our minds from the media barrage and listen to opinions that we don't agree with? We are doing ourselves in by constantly working and thinking at cross-purpose to each other. We can save this world as we knew it but only if we show respect and act with civility towards each other. The future really is up to us and it will be dictated by our words. It was words that brought this world in to creation. We do the same with our world. Speak with clarity, with wisdom and compassion. Every human deserves that much.

I have zero desire to listen to any opinion who goes against the Constitutional rights of Americans. They are wrong, period. They can have all the opinions they want, but I wont ever entertain them as being anything more than wrong opinions...ever. If they are voting for those ideologies, they are threat to not only my well being, but my country.

I also do not think every human is deserving of everything. Not all humans are equal, IMO.

We are in a war for our freedoms right now. Now is not the time to be weak but to fight for the very foundation that America was created on.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think what we find out varies from country to country. In this country people still wear mask outdoors, at least in the large cities. Personally to each their own. Out of businesses respect I'll wear a mask while shopping, but personally this must not continue on forever.
Not sure, but now most of the politicians that were vocal have somewhat stayed off TV. Guess their kids are more of to date what is happening on the streets. Probably telling them to cool it. Sadly, so many businesses have shut down for no other reason but to " follow the group mentality ".

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

We pressure, we cajole, we mock, we insult, we hurt peoples feelings.

This along with social media is the majority of the reason why.

The fairness doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses both to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that fairly reflected differing viewpoints.[1] In 1987, the FCC abolished the fairness doctrine,[2] prompting some to urge its reintroduction through either Commission policy or congressional legislation.[3] However later the FCC removed the rule that implemented the policy from the Federal Register in August 2011.[4] The fairness doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows, or editorials. The doctrine did not require equal time for opposing views but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented. The demise of this FCC rule has been considered by some to be a contributing factor for the rising level of party polarization in the United States.[5][6]

That gave rise to hate radio and hate T.V
About 16 years later the demon spawn fakebook was born. Where the most outlandish, brazen, hateful, unbelievable, post gets the most "LIKES". And to hell in a hand basket we have went.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=26283989]shaemac[/post

I have zero desire to listen to any opinion who goes against the Constitutional rights of Americans. They are wrong, period. They can have all the opinions they want, but I wont ever entertain them as being anything more than wrong opinions...ever. If they are voting for those ideologies, they are threat to not only my well being, but my country.

I also do not think every human is deserving of everything. Not all humans are equal, IMO.

We are in a war for our freedoms right now. Now is not the time to be weak but to fight for the very foundation that America was created on.

I agree the Constitution is the law of the land. It shouldbe the centerpiece of American society; the very foundation for our existence as a country. To convince anyone of the need and wisdom of that document is precisely why we must listen; to understand not just their viewpoint but how and why they arrived at such a belief. It goes deeper than just taking a few classes under a very liberal professor. We have to know the motivations of people and how and why ideas resonate with them. Lofty goals are to be found in those we disagree with. They are equally committed to a just and fair world. How can people with similar ideals be at such difficult odds with each other?

Either we treat complete strangers as family, a universal brotherhood or we will be pitted against each other group by group until we are ground to dust.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

The Fairness Doctrine was probably the most propagandized and manipulated rule ever.

Just look back and see how professional bulls#ter Liberal Democrat MSM always had a "subliminal style" "fairness" for Conservative views that was ultra biased just the same. Today they're just more outwardly bold is the only difference.

😈

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yet the "WE" side seems to be 90% Democrat sided with all the Democrat political oppression and mass-authoritarian policies (many of which are actually illegal).

Especially with the well paid MSM and Democrat internet hit squads 🤓

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
'We' are allowing an overpaid/ deep-State Bureaucrat to rule-the-realm.... he (Fauci) should be busted in pay-grade and all perks for overstepping his role as 'Advisor' instead of taking the roles of Judge- Jury - Executioner all-in-one

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's fine to disagree, that is expected but I see the personal digs going on and on. Maybe the media eggs it on but aren't we mature enough to detach our minds from the media barrage and listen to opinions that we don't agree with? We are doing ourselves in by constantly working and thinking at cross-purpose to each other. We can save this world as we knew it but only if we show respect and act with civility towards each other. The future really is up to us and it will be dictated by our words. It was words that brought this world in to existence, it is through words we are destroying it. Speak with clarity, with wisdom and compassion. Every human deserves that much.

Nationalism is the only virtue that matters. You're either American or you're communist liberal trash.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox

We pressure, we cajole, we mock, we insult, we hurt peoples feelings.

This along with social media is the majority of the reason why.

This is a type of group-think, the same mentality that leads to peer pressure to join a bully to bully a target.
Too many people are just simpletons, unable to think for themselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

It's fine to disagree, that is expected but I see the personal digs going on and on. Maybe the media eggs it on but aren't we mature enough to detach our minds from the media barrage and listen to opinions that we don't agree with? We are doing ourselves in by constantly working and thinking at cross-purpose to each other. We can save this world as we knew it but only if we show respect and act with civility towards each other. The future really is up to us and it will be dictated by our words. It was words that brought this world in to creation. We do the same with our world. Speak with clarity, with wisdom and compassion. Every human deserves that much.

I like how you started with the Constitution being gospel and then contradicted that statement with not all humans are equal. That's by definition what you call a "wrong opinion". If we're going by the text of the Constitution.

edit on 1-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

But there can't be civility without liberty.
Anything else is coercion, by definition.

And this Covid fascism suppression of liberty is overwhelmingly pushed by the Left/government

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I don't know about you, but a lot of people I have met in my lifetime are only civilized because they don't like jail. Is that coercion?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Democrats are just as bad as republicans, that's for sure. I was around before it happened in 1987. Guess who hit the airwaves in 1988. Rush Limbaugh. And he was nothing like I had ever heard. Of course he got worse over time and I quit listening to him. But along the way you have had plenty more on both sides.

Of course your position is. It's all the democrats. And there position is, it's all the republicans. But the truth is, get ready for it, take a seat, take a breath. It's both of you.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox
Yep. Not only is it both of them, it's all of us.
Have we gotten too comfortable with our own role playing R & D?
That way we know who's on 'our" side and who's on "theirs".
I am desperately trying to show we are all on one side.
Inhumanity begins with mental division and words.
We have seen the brutality of not just police but demonstrators and looters towards people who simply crossed their path.
Too many of us have already accepted both extremes when neither is.

edit on 1-1-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I don't know about you, but a lot of people I have met in my lifetime are only civilized because they don't like jail. Is that coercion?

Ridiculous "argument"
By your logic then, all of society should be kept in the current "jail" environment .

NO!
This is about control, not health.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Ridiculous "argument"
By your logic then, all of society should be kept in the current "jail" environment .

NO!
This is about control, not health.

I was merely sharing an observation. One that many of my peers agree with. Civilization is only one crisis away from anarchy, gang wars and cannibalism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join