It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here On Planet Crazy - What Is Wrong? What Can We Do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thing about what made Trump so controversial is that he didn't or wasn't known for anything political. He was a celebrity with tons of cameos and inherited his business that went back forth with bankruptcies.

Trump was a Democrat prior to being elected.

It was kind of like when Arnold got elected governor, could you imagine what would of happened if he ran for President an won?

The world always been a crazy place, just look at the Chewbacca Argument. Everyone keeps forgetting that the President is actually a spokesman anyways.
edit on 1-1-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

You were mistaken right out of the gate.

It didn't happen overnight. It was a long time in the making and it was lazy, thoughtless, greedy, ignorant people who pushed out along.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Absolutely AWESOME rant!!

Just AWESOME!!

edit on 1/1/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Thanks for sharing your opinion, though I disagree. I think we need togetherness, not coldness and division. I see that as the real problem here.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

Lol Yeah maybe so. And learn to speak from our butts. Oh wait, that's the politicians lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

I'd like to see politicians doing community service. If I was involved in a debate or discussion with people running for office, I'd challenge them to prove their worth to the community by helping out before election day.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

The Austrian immigrant welcomed with open arms to the U.S., became rich and famous, and then looked the American people in the eye and said "Screw your freedom." Personally I'd take Trump over that tyrant. I can't blame people for not liking Trump's bombastic personality, but shouldn't a leader be judged on their policies? Trump was the only major political leader I ever saw in my lifetime who actually gave a damn about hard working people. Personally, I'd put up with a lot from a leader like that lol He stood firm on China, drew back on war, established historic peace deals in the Middle East, protected your borders, fought internal corruption (though with chaotic results), and formed a plan for energy independence with Canada. But let's hate on him because he's bombastic? Really? I'm sorry, that just doesn't seem wise to me.
edit on 2-1-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I was talking more about how it felt. As I stated, I was aware of 9/11 and other conspiracies, and the public's willingness to stay blissfully ignorant. What surprised me was how quickly tyranny could sweep over the nature under the guise of a crisis and everyone just surrenders. I foolishly thought we'd collectively learned from what happened in Germany, Russia, and China. But no, I was definitely mistaken.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks a lot, Flyingclaydisk!

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Dr. Robert Malone was recently featured on the Joe Rogan podcast. Malone explained how Mass Formation Phimosis developed in Germany, quickly warping an educated and sophisticated population into division, fear, paranoia. He believes the best way to combat Mass Formation Phimosis from overtaking us is to inspire togetherness and community spirit. It kind of feels counter to the rage many of us are feeling, but it makes sense to me. The best way to fight insanity is with sanity.

The conditions to set up mass formation psychosis include lack of social connectedness and sensemaking as well as large amounts of latent anxiety and passive aggression. When people are inundated with a narrative that presents a plausible "object of anxiety" and strategy for coping with it, then many individuals group together to battle the object with a collective singlemindedness. This allows people to stop focusing on their own problems, avoiding personal mental anguish. Instead, they focus all their thought and energy on this new object.

As mass formation progresses, the group becomes increasingly bonded and connected. Their field of attention is narrowed and they become unable to consider alternative points of view. Leaders of the movement are revered, unable to do no wrong.

Left unabated, a society under the spell of mass formation will support a totalitarian governance structure capable of otherwise unthinkable atrocities in order to maintain compliance. A note: mass formation is different from group think. There are easy ways to fix group think by just bringing in dissenting voices and making sure you give them platforms. It isn’t so easy with mass formation. Even when the narrative falls apart, cracks in the strategy clearly aren’t solving the issue, the hypnotized crowd can’t break free of the narrative. This is what appears to be happening now with COVID-19. The solution for those in control of the narrative is to produce bigger and bigger lies to prop up the solution. Those being controlled by mass formation no longer are able to use reason to break free of the group narrative.

rwmalonemd.substack.com...

An inspiring video from that page: www.youtube.com...

Global Covid Summit has a website where Malone and other scientists discuss these issues.

So the best way to combat the division, paranoia and mistrust is by promoting togetherness, a united culture, a stronger community.
edit on 2-1-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

edit on 1/2/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: musicismagic

I actually never went camping. I've got backwoods hiking many times, and have taken many nature trails, have gone fishing, and even set up camps. My family used to 'camp' but not out in the woods, just one relatives' properties. It would be nice to actually go camping this year.
First of all this is a brilliant thread. Thank you for this tangential and thoughtful OP LHC. Well said friend.

Being an American it’s nice to hear an outsiders perspective on to how we got to here now. I always felt like even though Trump is a lightning-rod, he was also a finger on the scale politically.

But in reverse. I mean if you didn’t hate him you were subhuman. They required the American psyche to hate itself and go with the flow post-OMB. It’s kind of odd how he “represented” and loved America like a brand, but all the same if you didn’t go along with him being worse than The Grinch, you were an immoral scoundrel unworthy of love as far as I could tell.

Anyway. I love camping. When the world came kinda back online in March of last year here in CA, I went camping at my favorite beach for a month. Helped me quite a bit.

This upcoming spring will be my third time backpack camping with some friends. Last two years was Yosemite. Such a different experience during Covid.

Go camping amigo.

“Hold onto your butts.” - Samuel L Jackie in Jurassic Park

edit on 2-1-2022 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2022 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If only there was a way to awaken from this madness.

I'm pretty sure I had signs that point to 2022 being one of the hardest year of our lifetime until now. Sh-t is gonna start to get very real and extremely disturbing, if it is not already.

In my country, our evil PM just imposed a new curfew just before the new year and make it illegal to gather with family or friends once again just like last year. Being out of your home after 22h p.m can get you a 1000 to 6000$ fine. All of this after they even acknowledged themselves that omnicron is less deadly than its counterpart, the delta variant (but more contagious).

So at this point it's become a pandemic of cases and not even deaths anymore. Still, we are destroying our whole society in its name and also compromising the future of our childrens.
This is insanity. There is no words to describe the kind of evil that run rampant in this world. We are in for a rude awakening...

Any solutions one would ask?
Well it would be a start to start truly working on yourself and be ready to let go of old habits that doesn't serve you anymore. It cam be anything as long as you make an effort to rise up towards the challenge ahead.
Make no mistake, time is running out real quick and at any time now our reality could be turned upside down. We take things for granted and it's a big big mistake.

Life is no joke. We are all being tested right now. The good news is it's a new year so it means new opportunities. So give it a try if you can. Commit to something you truly wanna change and just fcking do it. We don't know what tomorrow will bring...

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As a start I would remind you of a line in the film "Jeremiah Johnson" where upon meeting a mountain man is asked what year it was. THAT, is the start of the problem. Mass communication. Information (good and bad) can reach everyone everywhere and in doing so opens Pandoras box for mass propaganda. You can see this very clearly with the vaxers and the anti vaxers, because it comes through on their personal phones/devices the information given to them is true. And the problem then arises, just how do you check that information's veracity. How??? Why, with the same device that gave you the information in the first place thereby opening the door to more verifying propaganda.
How can it be altered??? Pandoras box has been opened and the only way to try and mitigate it is through government regulation, but the government is in on it and now begs the question "who polices the police"?
I've said before the ONLY way is to build up from the ground, from the local political scene, it has to be grass roots.
As for the poster with the reply "not your problem", I would remind him with a line from a statement "they came for the Jews but I was not a Jew, so I did nothing". It might not be your problem now but it soon will be, but when the time comes it might be too late

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Thanks for sharing, slatesteam. Sounds like fun.

Hopefully everything gets turned around. No one can see the future, so I guess there's no point in being blindly cynical or optimistic.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Candid words, St0rD. I feel the same. I also have a very bad feeling about 2022. It may not even relate to what’s been happening. I just have a very bad feeling about it. Hopefully I’m wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Wise words, crazyeed. Diplomacy is about getting to what we all can agree on, and working past where we disagree. It is far easier to do this on the small, local level.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Inspiring words by David Icke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join