It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here On Planet Crazy - What Is Wrong? What Can We Do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Serious question: how did we all end up in an episode of the Twilight Zone? One day, everything appeared normal. The next, lunacy.

OK, let’s backtrack. January, 2017. Donald Trump is running for president. Suddenly, everyone hates him and feels the need to rant to me about how awful he is. And I mean everyone: taxi drivers, co-workers, friends, and relatives. Everyone in Canada hates him. Yes, Canada. What did so many Canadians care about an American presidential election? It was odd.

The Canadian mainstream media hated Trump as much as the American networks. Every single time they mentioned his name they would cringe and make an inappropriate remark about him. There was a universal hatred towards this man. It seemed odd to me that such an apparently despised and loathsome individual could become the leader of the Republican Party. I knew a little bit about American politics, enough to know the elections work the same as ours: the Left gets in for one or two terms, then the Right. Back and forth. Why? Because one’s no better than the other, and after a while people want a change.

After the Democrats held two terms, and knowing many Americans online who’d become very disillusioned and upset with Obama, I knew Trump was a shoe in for the presidency. It didn’t matter if he was the weasel everyone seemed to agree he was. It was time for a Republican term. But the media insisted Trump was going to lose and lose hard. Hillary Clinton—a person I despised—was guaranteed to be the victor. This was odd. Why would the usual flip between Left and Right be halted this time? A lot of people hated Hillary Clinton and were tired of the Democrats. It didn’t make sense.

I started asking my co-workers why they hated Trump. They said he was racist, a populist, and represented the ignorant White Supremacists. I questioned them on what was wrong about being a populist, and all they did was to accuse him of manipulating people for support. As to racism and White Supremacy, they claimed he spewed vile sentiments. This was when I started doing something crazy: I looked up their claims. We all carry a computer in the palm of our hands, so why not use it? I quickly discovered time and time again that their claims were wrong. I’d show them the proof from mainstream media sources. This should have ended it.

They still insisted he was racist, using the excuse that Trump employed subtle but obvious signals to his White Supremacy base. One was that he promoted: “Let’s make America great again.” With a little digging, I found that two previous presidents had campaigned with the same exact slogan without being called racists. I kept debunking their claims, expecting them all to finally concede that they were wrong about Trump. But they would never except defeat. They hated him and somehow knew he was an evil man without a trace of evidence to support this claim. The debate never ended.

They were the ones who’d been preaching to me about Trump until I eventually started fact checking them. I felt much like the guy in the meme at this point: “Stop making me defend Trump!” I had no reason to like him because I didn’t know much about him, or cared to. I had a life to live. But people were obsessed with hating him for no good reason and would never be satisfied with all the proof I provided them that their feelings were misguided. I became increasingly concerned that something was terribly wrong with the Canadian public, where facts and truth no longer counted for anything. Trump was the topic that drew my attention to this bizarre phenomenon.

Why was the mainstream media targeting him so badly? Trump had claimed to have run to “drain the swamp.” Could this claim have been true? This might have explained why American media was running him down so badly, but why was the Canadian media in on it? Why were virtually all major networks complicit in it? With a little research, I found a journalist on YouTube named Tim Pool. He’d work for Fusion and VICE, leaving such companies out of integrity to do real reporting. Pool talked a great deal about how corrupt corporate media is, how incompetent many of their journalists are in reality, and provided a great many mainstream sources to prove that they were repeatedly lying to the public. He furthermore explained the gross corruption of the Democrat Party, and all the ways which the Democrat establishment worked to defy Trump and keep the war industry going.

I was no stranger to conspiracy. 9/11 consumed my life for a year and a half, listening to Alex Jones and reading files on sites like WikiLeaks. I knew about the New World Order—as talked about by several prominent supporters, and even discussed on the Vatican’s official website. So to me at least, this stuff wasn’t that shocking or difficult to grasp. The establishment hated Trump and lied about him. I found ample proof of this. It was endless, in fact. But still, no one listened. I proved it to my family many times over, but to this day they still think he’s an evil racist. To my knowledge, I failed to convince a single person they were deceived about Trump. Proof be damned, people are emotional about this.

Then 2020 and the pandemic. A gross overreach of power. The stripping away of our rights and freedoms over a virus. Division in the States: Leftists told to hate Rightwingers. And then hatred drumming up everywhere over anyone not taking the vaccine shots. Those evil, nasty, ignorant anti-vaxxers, hssss! 2 weeks to slow the spread. A year. Two years. The “new normal.” No vaccine shot? You’re a second rate citizen with no access to the food court. Begone, varmint! You hate the science! Mainstream sources proving the virus is on the decline? You’re an anti-vaxxer! Facts be damned, people are emotional about this.

I point to the loss of our human rights. I point to the words of the Global Economic Forum. I point to the fifth generation warfare by the Chinese Communist Party which is corrupting our media and schools. I tell people we must resist this Great Reset and say no to all mandates and lockdowns. But human rights be damned, people are emotional about this.

Emotional. Government cares about us. Media tells us the truth. Our country is good. Fascism could never happen here. It’s impossible, so spare me your facts and reasonable arguments. I’m not listening.

It’s a big bubble of denial. Let’s be children so we don’t have to think or question things. The good man with the tie on TV tells us the truth. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make sense. That just means we’re too dumb to understand. Or they’ll explain it better later. They’re the experts. Who am I to question anything? I won’t listen because being normal and smart means trusting the corporate media. They tell me so.

Thoughtlessness. Thinking is empowering, but blind submission feels safe. A great many people have surrendered empowerment for the illusion of safety, the protection of people who actively hate them.

Objectively, it seems this scenario has been perfectly sculpted. A public giving in to tyranny by choice. The media spewing lies for the criminal elite. All our institutions under the control of the criminal elite. They have it all.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not to mention, many of our favorite stories have been vandalized, our strong male heroes defaced. Our churches attacked both physically and culturally. The only authority worth believing in now is Government and the corporations, huh? Let’s Build Back Better for a Great Reset to establish a New World Order without unifying faith, democratic capitalism, or a sensible understanding of who we each are and where we fit in. Division, confusion, surrender.

I used to watch a British show called “Misfits”. It was about a random group of kids doing community service who get superpowers. Part drama, part comedy. There was this weirdo character called Nathan who had the hots for this girl Kelly, but she thought they should just be friends. After annoying her to death, Kelly finally agrees to give dating a try. They soon enter a tattoo parlor where an artist wants to date Kelly himself, but first has to get Nathan out of the way. Being gifted with the power of tattoo magic, he puts a spell on Nathan which makes him fall madly in love with this dweeby guy he’s been picking on the whole time. Funny stuff.

Kelly is flabbergasted. It makes no sense. She confronts Nathan and demands to know if he’s gay, straight, or bi. Nathan smirks with amusement and says “Gay, straight, bi. Why do we feel the need to put labels on everything?” To which Kelly replies “So that people know what the f*** is going on!!”

I never forgot this scene because it illustrates a very good point. We need to know what’s what. If we say men can be women, women can be men, or children can be adults who need to be physically and chemically altered into a specific adult world sexual preference, then what is identifiable anymore? This reminds me of a prophetic Leonard Cohen song.

A White Man dancing.

And no, I don’t mean to attack the film. I like this movie. It addresses some real issues of our time. And no, I don’t mean to assert the Joker dance was the ”White Man dancing” in Cohen’s song. But I’ve seen enough weird crap in my life to consider it as a possibility. Why not?

So here we are, the ending of our world such as it was. I don’t see a way out. No one’s willing to listen. It’s a big bubble bunker with steel plate siding. Anyone who tries to knock it down gets obliterated by propaganda turrets. Anyone in a position to help from the inside is either corrupt or too afraid. It’s a perfect disaster.

Perhaps the world was always this insane and we just never realized it until the madness blew up to such an astonishing degree. I remember hearing the OJ Simpson verdict in school, the indifference of most peers to the verdict, and a group of girls jumping up and down in the hallway cheering “He’s freee!” I remember young women gloating over a female serial killer, saying “See? Women can be serial killers too.” Something to be proud of, huh?

We were taught to beware acid rain. We were told much of our world would be swallowed up underwater. The air would no longer be breathable. Here we are in 2022. Nothing’s underwater. The rain doesn’t burn. The air quality may suck, but it’s nothing dire. Now we’re being told to beware Climate Change by the same institutions, and I am predictably forced to remind people of my generation of those old lies. We’re hearing again about rising tides while the same alarmists buy up waterfront property. Uh huh. Between this scam, the Covid vaccine, human rights stripped away, and Epstein, criminal elites like Bill Gates don’t blush easily.

One lady I know actually argued “Just because they were wrong in the past doesn’t mean they’re wrong now.” I could tell she was emotional about this. I argued “It’s insanity to trust in an authority which has repeatedly lied to us in the past.” To this, she actually agreed I had a point.

Perhaps then it’s just human nature. But what do we do about it? Is there anything we can do?

Wish I had the answers. I’m searching for them.

And so, it just keeps going. And going. It feels dumb to care. But I do care. I often wish I didn’t. Maybe solutions await us. Maybe it’ll all work out in the end through overlooked variables and unforeseen happenstances. Maybe it will.

I will think, and meditate, and pray. What else can I do?

Some inspiration to lighten the mood.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

MSM news four times a day, Hollywood, music industry,
and now social media. The masses are brainwashed.

What can we do? Short of a jolt of lightening, I wonder.

Perhaps intense suffering would wake up some.

At the pace the leftists and their hive mind mentality are
foisting poison upon the USA the pain might come soon enough.

Jesus used sarcasm to jolt the worst offenders. Liberals are
such whiny little things, they can't understand it is the most
compassionate response they will receive before destruction.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Huh, didn't realize Jesus used sarcasm. I recently read part of the New Testament (forget which book) telling the story of Jesus trying to persuade people. It was far more realistic than I imagined. As one would expect in reality, many people would not listen. Only a relative small handful of people were receptive to his ideas. If even Jesus cannot reach such people, I don't know how you or I could reach them. But I often say "you can't reason with unreasonable people." Unfortunately true.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Huh, didn't realize Jesus used sarcasm...

Sarcasm and satire...

"Which good work do you punish me for? "(John 10)

He actually walked through grain fields on the Sabbath.

Jesus used mean spirited broad brushes with the
worst of the bunch, the Pharisees.

Matthew 23 ( some paraphrasing depending on which version of The Bible)
"They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders,
but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger."

"They do all their deeds to be noticed by men"

"They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, and respectful greetings in the market places"

" They devour widows’ houses

"They travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, [they] make him twice as much a son of hell as [them]selves bolded is my emphasis.

Calling someone a son of hell is quite an insult.

Yet, perhaps it was a compassionate insult.

edit on 1-1-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yes indeed it is lol I suppose a big part of getting heard is grabbing people's attention. Makes sense lol

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I absolutely LOVE Jonna, a beautiful soul with a beautiful life! Her videos are so inspiring. In spite of the crazy world spiraling out of control where there is division and hate, chaos and confusion, this woman brings hope.

You brought up a number of things in this thread and it will be interesting to hear the thoughts of others as the thread progresses. It can be a cold harsh world, but there is still much love and beauty to hold onto.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Getting someone's attention is the challenge, as you said earlier;
which it seems requires an appeal to an emotion for most people
who are brainwashed, as they are no longer thinking, just reacting.

In the age of social media, the reactive response is about 90% typical,
(my estimate). Just look anywhere, twitter, facebook, comments
sections on you tube, the mechanisms and methods of control.
It is easy to spot. So much obvious hate, and when that is the
primary emotion it is hard to break through.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for the reply, Night. There indeed is still good in this world. If we don't lose it.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When I go fishing and the fish don't bite, I have to think why . Well, usually it''s the wrong time of day. I also believe now is the wrong time of life to be brainwashed into all the negativity on the news. I do hope here on ATS we can start posting some positive news that is happening in our area. There really is a lot of good still in this world. You just have to be surrounded by it I guess. I did 60 days of camping in a foreign country this year and I only found good in the campers at all campsites. And cycling and not knowing the locations where I was at, help was there for the asking.
Life is matched with umbrella over us. Some days rainy, some days sunny.
This is a new year, lets all think positive. America has a President that is all negative, yet the previous President was all positive and according to the news he was a VERY bad President.
It all comes down to how the media markets the leaders. On media, current is the best President since... the other media is negative and most likely telling the truth since the current President said " you all idiots don't need to know ", during his presidential run. You all remember his words. YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think comedy is a good way to reach people.
I think good comedians can plant seeds in people's minds through laughter.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Very true. People need to be challenged, surprised, enticed to think differently.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I actually never went camping. I've got backwoods hiking many times, and have taken many nature trails, have gone fishing, and even set up camps. My family used to 'camp' but not out in the woods, just one relatives' properties. It would be nice to actually go camping this year.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
First thing?

1. Other peoples problems, aren't your problem. If they're not willing to defend their own life/world? That's not your problem.

2. Do not give a sh*t, about other peoples problem. It is their problem, not yours! ... That is why it is called, "Not my problem". Take care of your own family/people. And despise the/any "government" that takes away your ability to do so!

3. Don't let your/the, "government", "guilt you" into thinking "you can do more"!.. That's what you already "pay" "them" for. ... They have "a budget" already! If they can't "manage" that?...They can't "manage" more. .. It Is that simple! Mathematically, "Government" is 78% useless. That's why in The U.S.A. "they" have, "enumerated" power/authority, so they know what they're supposed to do and can't F it up!

Does "your government" run itself, like you (by law) have to run yourself?... Do you promise, or provide services that you can't afford, or aren't even obligated to provide, by law?... You should probably "research" what kind of "government" "rules" over you. Because, chances are?... In the, "modern age of enlightenment"? You're over paying your servants/employees, and can afford to let a few go. Nothing personal, just good bussiness.

4. Anytime "your government" wants to "give you" or create dependence?... "Vote" the other way!

5. If you are smart enough to ask this question?
You're,... your own problem.

edit on 1-1-2022 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Yes indeed. I'm reminded of one.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Trump's reputation proceeded him making the job of dividing the people rather easy. His words and actions as President continued to make that a simple task, almost as if he were working from a script written by the critics themselves. Since 2001 the US has been put in a cycle of hate-of-the-month club. First it A-rab ter-wrists, in 2009 it was the Bankers, the Occupy and Tea Party movements were infiltrated and neutralized. Ron Paul and Bernie were both cheated out of potential Presidencies. Then it became racial with Trayvon Martin/confederate flags/white supremacy/intro of CRT in schools. Now we have the camps of mask/vax/lockdowns and the WTF did our rights go? people.

Steering society through the news, school indoctrination and Hollywood imagining until 2020 hit then.....kaboom! power grab/censorship at incredible levels/decimation of the middle class and wealth transfer to the top 1%. A few key murder for hires to help the program along, maybe a few thousand satellites in orbit doing God-knows-what. Not a promising future but nothing is written in stone yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The biggest problem?
Is people want "government" or other people, to answer their own questions/probems.
Which only makes less freedom, liberty and happiness. With more problems.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

I think comedy is a good way to reach people.
I think good comedians can plant seeds in people's minds through laughter.

Well, truth seekers have tried their best since 9/11 (the official story) to reach people. But the majority of people love the official story. It is a story completely satisfying to simple minds. If only there had been a fifth plane to hit the statue of liberty. (but five darts is too much) Just like Goldilocks and the three bears. Not too big, not too small, not too hot, not too cold.......jussssst right. You need to suffer like Alexander Solzhenitsyn to see the big picture. Not a day out at Disneyland.

Perhaps we tried our best, we dropped the raccoon and now there's nothing more we can doooooooo.

Except make the long climb to a Buddhist monastery on a mountain and find one's inner sanctum.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

"Midle class", "1%", "Trump", "Paul", "Bernie"...." They said this". "They said that".

The cool thing about being an American is?...By law? It can cost "them" more, for you to buy the ticket! And that is just, Un-American.
This nation would be a lot better place without cowards, Socialist and people with poor standards.
The confusion and division comes from lack of moral or constitutional standards. Which will never be fixed, now that cowards have aloud inroads into the American civilization.

The U S A was great, because it wasn't everbody else.

We have a mentally ill guy, that thinks he's a woman as a "leader" in "health".... The list could go on.

A "General" that tells the "enemy", ... "I don't trust my boss. I'll let you know if we're going to attack".

"Here on planet crazy". Indeed.

edit on 1-1-2022 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Much of what you posted I have thought as well. Where do we start?
Never re-elect anyone to a political position. ANYONE. Even your family members. Even Jesus Christ.
Make government work hard at being a responsive group to its citizens. Constant turnover would keep it on its heels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join