It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left is saying that "Let's Go Brandon" is a call to insurrection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
When I hear, "Let's go Brandon", all I hear is people who are more interested in a bumper sticker slogans than really coming up with policies to help Americans and better their lives.

I hear mindless parroting of a slogan that's suppose to be "clever" but really is a bit childish.

With that being said, though, have at it.

You mean America isn't defined by some WWE style Donald vs Democrat champion of the month pissing contest to establish dominance over the economic stability and foreign relations of the nation?

This sounds suspiciously like common sense and needs to be immediately overshadowed by some form of hyperbolic headline relying on audience outrage to distract the voters from inconvenient exercises in introspective growth. Where's CNN/Fox/NBC/ABC when you need them to stir the pot?

edit on 1-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

When I hear, "Let's go Brandon", all I hear is people who are more interested in a bumper sticker slogans than really coming up with policies to help Americans and better their lives.

I hear mindless parroting of a slogan that's suppose to be "clever" but really is a bit childish.

Your president is a meme. These "childish slogans" pale in the embarrassing face of that fact. You literally elected a living meme as president... good job, let's go you!

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Everything is a meme these days. It's the modern Renaissance of political theater. Biden isn't an exception, just the most recent gallery installation.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

All policy does is get in the way. It's Americans who make their lives better because only the individual working on the individual level really knows what it is they will need. Policy is a wet blanket from The Man holding us all back from that.

So, yeah, Let's Go, Brandon, and get the eff out of my way already so I can improve my life and better myself.

Btw, Let's Go, Brandon isn't intended to be clever. It can't be; a clueless reporter came up with it to try to cover over the people telling the president to go eff off already. As such, it's not going to be clever. It's just socially acceptible.
edit on 1-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Progressives have to pretend not to know things to avoid exposing themselves as hypocrites.

Talk show host Andrew Wilcow sums it best saying that liberals only acknowledge the "history of now" meaning anything they said or did previously has no bearing on their positions today. This is why they can pretend to not know or acknowledge their nasty behavior when Trump or any other conservative is in office.

This is why they don't say anything about four years of burning, looting, rioting, etc.... yet January 6th is like the worst thing since the civil war... despite them rioting as well during Trumps inauguration.

Remember when Trump was in office...

"Resist..."
"Impeach the motherf*cker" - Congresswoman Talib Rasheeda
Orange Man Bad
The constant stream of celebs slamming Trump at awards shows...
Remember when Hamilton actor called out VP Mike Pence in audience trying to watch the show?
Racist...

On and on and on...

Now Let's Go Brandon is some sort of dog whistle for violence and insurrection.

SMDH

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I agree with some of my fellow members that the “Let’s go Brandon” slogan is actually doing a disservice to those opposed to the current administration.

Yeah, it is funny, but not truly uniting. I don’t see this as a true rallying cry that the entire Republican Party can get behind.

I also definitely don’t see this as a call to arms, just another polarizing meme.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Let's go Brandon is secret code for legalize weed and free coc aine for everyone.
You'd think Democrats would be on board with that?
I would say they were grasping at straws but they already outlawed them.
edit on 1-1-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

I don't think it's any of that; I think it's just a general expression of dissatisfaction in the extreme with what's taking place at the federal level.

link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Let's go Brandon is secret code for legalize weed and free coc aine for everyone.
You'd think Democrats would be on board with that?
I would say they were grasping at straws but they already outlawed them.

You forgot the part where every state issued voter ID comes with a complementary firearm to guarantee the welfare of honest citizens. Gun safety classes mandatory as part of the voter ID registration process.

No? It was worth a try.

link   
Its a troll phrase. They are trying to troll in return.

Once everyone realizes its all just a game of one upmanship, maybe sanity will begin to prevail. At this point im about in favor of rounding up everyone registered to either party and deporting them to anyone but the US. Those idiots are whats ruining the country.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They should just deal with it. It's better than trolling by burning down entire cities and refusing to prosecute, even openly supporting the rioters.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't think it's any of that; I think it's just a general expression of dissatisfaction in the extreme with what's taking place at the federal level.

Fair enough. I would it agree that it is in a format that easily spread and understood by a certain group of individuals. Thus giving it some power, which is why certain institutions want to kill it.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Its a troll phrase. They are trying to troll in return.

Once everyone realizes its all just a game of one upmanship, maybe sanity will begin to prevail. At this point im about in favor of rounding up everyone registered to either party and deporting them to anyone but the US. Those idiots are whats ruining the country.

One upmanship only concludes when a genuine crisis asserts two outcomes: teamwork or termination. Putting aside insecurity and rivalry because all parties are equally at risk.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Odd. Seeing as a Leftist was the first to use the deceptively invoked turn of phrase. Pretty sure this is what you get.

You know you’re over the target when they try and twist their own words from a phrase that “got away” from them, and now it’s insurrection everywhere.

What a stale argument trying to conjure images and fan would-be flames alluding to the “seditious insurrection of 1/6/21”.

Gimme a break.

Odd too then that some of the most viewed and listened-to songs over the last year included the phrase.

Someone sounds butthurt.

Odd.

They did it to Trump all 4 years! Now the have hurt feelz?

Even the president agrees with it. LMAO.

It’s funny and sad to watch this in real-time.
edit on 1-1-2022 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2022 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So “Hope & Change” and then “MAGA” are okay, but this is where you draw the lines?

Hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When people elect the party of children this is what we get

Only children cry when they get back what they dish out

Look at there entire party top down all children all cry when someone pushes back all of them need to be put in a daycare center they have no place in any position of power in the real world

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

No one gives a fk what you think. Come November when all crooked Democrats are all but wiped out of the political game you and your leftist friends will be whining and protesting over a Republican breaking wind . Sorry Democrats had their chance to “ help Americans “ and the only ones they helped was themselves.

The same can be said about the lefts “ parroting “ about systematic racism and many other bull# topics.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Left gave us this little gift and now their losing their collective minds...as per the norm. Not vulgar, not nasty, nice & clean & the ENTIRE WORLD knows it AKA...I love the hell out of it. And I have A "Let's Go Brandon" on the back window of my truck.....I guess I'm deplorable.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Buttercups!

Snowflakes!

If you can't figure this out watch DeNiro on The Tony
Awards in front of the entire nation.

Did I forget Hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

When I see this supposed hate euphemism, I see the kind of person who announces to an entire restaurant "I have to take a #" and takes their dinner plate with them.

But then again, the left is proud of people who poops on cop cars.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join