It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Of Henry VIII. “Sages, Sages, Sages”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is something I viewed/experienced many years ago

I'm writing this now, as it seems strangely relevant today. I am not sure why

I was in a deep meditative state, where I was having fragmented visions of various things

Something, outside of myself, asked me “Do you know what the last words of Henry VIII were?”

I concentrated on the question and saw glowing orange glimpses and fragments, of what could have been a candle-lit room

I did not see anything conclusively, but I answered, speaking the words “Sages, Sages, Sages”

At the time, I had no idea about the life, or death, of Henry VIII

I was quite surprised afterwards, when I looked up the last words of Henry VIII, to find a debated story about how he had muttered the words “Monk, Monk, Monk”

It was almost identical to what I had witnessed (seen, heard and felt) in my vision, except the reasons given for his mutterings were quite different to what I understood from what I had seen, heard and felt

They claim Henry VIII perhaps spoke these words in lament for things he was involved in which had taken place, regarding/with the Roman Catholic Church

From what I understood, this was not the case

In my viewing of him where I had heard the words “Sages, Sages, Sages”, I had also heard other voices present, that were not physical people present in his room

I heard a jumble of voices, which I immediately identified as being something (or a “group” of somethings) speaking inside the head of Henry VIII

He was not talking about Monks when he said “Sages, Sages, Sages”, he was talking about a chorus of voices in his head, that were becoming louder as he died

Voices that seemed to be taking some delight in the fact that he was about to die, almost as if they were mocking him

I got the feeling they were waiting for him to die

The best way I could describe it would be; “like seagulls waiting for someone to throw them a chip”

Like they were waiting for him to die, to have some fun with him

Henry VIII seemed to be familiar with them, whatever they were/are, and seemed to be resigning to his fate, when he muttered “Sages, Sages, Sages”

Interesting to me, is that at the time I had this viewing/vision years ago, I did manage to find some historic accounts in a Google search that echoed what I had witnessed, including those that referenced the use of the word “Sages”, correcting other accounts that claim he said the word “Monk”

But today, when I searched for this, I found no pages or accounts of him using the words “Sages, Sages, Sages”

It is almost like the accounts have been somehow erased

Or like something is trying to mess with history, or alter it

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Some monks were considered sages. The herb Sage makes you wiser, and I have read articles that equated certain monks to sages, especially ones that lived in the mountains. I do not know if those monks ate sage though, but since it does keep acetylcholine from breaking down, I would guess they might have used it or similar nootropic chemistry to increase their wisdom.

I never heard anything about his last words, I did hear he was a little looney in the end though, so he could have had skitzo or been talking to someone in his head.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
"Monks! Monks! Monks" was once was in wilkipedia according to this page. But may have been removed if the source was questionable.

I once had a dream that someone had stole money from my visa account. On awakening from sleep I checked the account to find that money was stolen from a shop purchase in the UK. I remember siting there perplexed wondering how on earth I could have realized that. Given the millions of shop purchases in the world. Or did my mind see that impact in the future and warned me as it occured. Who knows. Strange things happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Looking at the portraits of Henry it was more likely "Sausages, Sausages, Sausages."

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This can easily be an issue of the intended meaning vs the actual word. Historically, monks and sages are overlapping in the venn diagram. If what you heard were 'mental' communications, the physical words could easily be whatever Henry equated with what he was seeing or thinking. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it appears to be different than what was recorded. Those words can have the same meaning.

Think about the different concepts that come into your head when you think of Christian monks, Daoist monks, Shaolin monks, Tibetan monks -- they all are very different in many ways, but we use the same English word. Now add in things like sages, saints, oracles, wise men etc.; a lot can be lost without proper context.
edit on 31-12-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
Looking at the portraits of Henry it was more likely "Sausages, Sausages, Sausages."

LoL

Compare him to a picture of George Brandis

Seems like Henry VIII was reincarnated as the Queens little helper in Australia

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
This can easily be an issue of the intended meaning vs the actual word. Historically, monks and sages are overlapping in the venn diagram. If what you heard were 'mental' communications, the physical words could easily be whatever Henry equated with what he was seeing or thinking. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it appears to be different than what was recorded. Those words can have the same meaning.

Think about the different concepts that come into your head when you think of Christian monks, Daoist monks, Shaolin monks, Tibetan monks -- they all are very different in many ways, but we use the same English word. Now add in things like sages, saints, oracles, wise men etc.; a lot can be lost without proper context.

My point is that I don't think he was referring to Monks, mystics, priests, or anything even "real world" even remotely close to it

He was calling the voices he heard in his head that were tormenting him "Sages"

And people misunderstood this to be something real world, like monks
edit on 31 12 21 by Compendium because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If the "g" was hard, as in "seagulls" that sounds like a more Germanic rendition of English.
Although I'm not a linguist, and I don't have the relevant book here, I recall a library book by Bill Bryson on the history of the English language which claimed that some parts of England still used the Germanic "eiern" for eggs well into the 19th century, for example.
So in modern German "sag es" would mean "say it".

In meditation perhaps a prompt to find and chant a mantra?
Or a prompt to express some withheld truth?

edit on 31-12-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

Henry VIII’s last words were not 'monks, monks, monks.' They were ''I will first take a little sleep, and then, as I feel myself, I will advise upon the matter.' He was replying to a suggestion that a priest be called to read him the last rites.

The 'monks, monks' story is from four hundred years after his death and was probably invented by the popular author Agnes Strickland. You probably heard or read the story as a child and forgot it subsequently, until your own unconscious reminded you of it in a dream or reverie. That sort of thing happens all the time without our knowing it; see, for instance, Freud's Psychopathology of Everyday Life.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

You probably heard or read the story as a child and forgot it subsequently, until your own unconscious reminded you of it in a dream or reverie. That sort of thing happens all the time without our knowing it; see, for instance, Freud's Psychopathology of Everyday Life.

No

There is no Freudian pathology on this

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You are the person least qualified to judge that. But persist in self-delusion by all means. No skin off my nose. Just be advised that your 'vision' is based on fictoon not history.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Righteo

edit on 3 1 22 by Compendium because: (no reason given)

top topics

join