It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Deploys Robots at India Border: Mule and Sharp Claw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) acquired the vehicles – known as the Sharp Claw and the Mule-200 – as early as 2014, but they have not seen much deployment until now. The Chinese military has deployed around 120-300 Mules to Tibet, the majority of them stationed near the border, WION News reported.

Operators can control the Claw wirelessly, but it can also move on its own, according to National Interest. The Mule can serve as either an unmanned delivery truck or utilize weapons, such as mounted guns.

will be real interesting to see these things in actual combat / field use.

wonder if these were stolen from I mean inspired by the Boston Dynamic stuff

anyone with first-hand knowledge of?

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

tracked vehicles. not as exotic as I'd thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Maybe China will bring us Skynet!

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
China has been mass-producing cheap electronic stuffs for decades. It's my theory that those mysterious Chinese shipping containers contain thousands & thousands of cheap seek-to-kill drones.

it would definitely be in my bag of tricks if I had totalitarian ambitions and a production system already in place.

edit on 30-12-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The image of the majestic Tibeten steppes with the Himalayas in the distance being patrolled by autonomous death robots is the height of sacrilege IMO.
One of mother natures most mind blowing locations polluted with the very darkest of human technology.

The best sci fi writer of all time could not come up with a better image to illustrate a dystopian world.

Its vile IMO.
Free Tibet.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If they stray into disputed territory expect a few of these things to go missing, the Indians know how to wrap something in an EM shielding net and how to reverse engineer it, even if it has self destruct functionality they will also find a way around that.

It has now become a priority acquisition for the Indian military whom despite being less well equipped are already better soldiers than the Chinese PLA has fielded and woe betide the Chinese that come up against a Sikh unit.

21 Sikh's once held a fort against over 10.000.

They are among the finest soldiers in the world and China has nothing like them.

We Brits to our shame once tried to outlaw there martial art's which are probably superior too and an ancestor of the Chinese martial arts but which have nevertheless survived to this day.

It is only a matter of time before these machines are scrap metal, either by technological countermeasures or just plain superior soldiering.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

We Brits to our shame once tried to outlaw their martial arts which are probably superior too and an ancestor of the Chinese martial arts but which have nevertheless survived to this day.

not to drift topic but as I recall China was recruiting martial arts soldiers to combat the Indian soldiers. something about fighting without weapons (not wanting to escalate)
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
The image of the majestic Tibeten steppes with the Himalayas in the distance being patrolled by autonomous death robots is the height of sacrilege IMO.
One of mother natures most mind blowing locations polluted with the very darkest of human technology.

The best sci fi writer of all time could not come up with a better image to illustrate a dystopian world.

Its vile IMO.
Free Tibet.

Both China and India need to keep the Himalaya's secure, they are the source of both nations major life giving rivers and without that water flowing into these two country's billions would starve.

However China has ambitions to damn the source of many rivers in the Himalaya's and to alter the course of other's at the cost of India, if they push ahead a war is inevitable and indeed bad for everyone else it WILL turn Nuclear if China does what it intends, this in turn will lead to fallout, falling food production due to high atmospheric dust cutting out sunlight and worse for the rest of the globe but make no mistake this is about life or death for billion's in India, China is the aggressor here and is out of control.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Its vile IMO.
Free Tibet.

Both China and India need to keep the Himalaya's secure, they are the source of both nations major life giving rivers and without that water flowing into these two country's billions would starve.

However China has ambitions to damn the source of many rivers in the Himalaya's and to alter the course of other's at the cost of India, if they push ahead a war is inevitable and indeed bad for everyone else it WILL turn Nuclear if China does what it intends, this in turn will lead to fallout, falling food production due to high atmospheric dust cutting out sunlight and worse for the rest of the globe but make no mistake this is about life or death for billion's in India, China is the aggressor here and is out of control.

thread on dam topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Could be defeated easily with a cheap R.C. car, couple lbs of C4 strapped to it with a flip phone as a fuse. Drive it underneath, call the phone and bye bye. Likely even simpler methods. 50 cal sniper rifle could disable the gun from over a mile away.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

That's what I thought some of the sniper rounds will go through just about anything. A well-placed bullet and it is junk. All this electronic stuff is so hybrid it will basically be useless in the real world.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The maintenance in the Himalaya's in winter must be intense. How long would a battery last outdoors in a blizzard.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Those are weak AF a reply to: ElGoobero

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Sikhs are badass

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Cool I missed that one, you know a lot more than I do on the subject and great thread as well.

You know when I first read that I had just gotten out of a hot bath and read it as Thread on Damn topic and thought that I was getting told off for drift haha.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

tracked vehicles. not as exotic as I'd thought.

Well well, the T1000's great granddaddy on the scene. This is the reason the AFT wants to go after the .50 cals from civilians.
We're going to need those phased plasma rifles in a 40 watt range, sooner than later.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Could be defeated easily with a cheap R.C. car, couple lbs of C4 strapped to it with a flip phone as a fuse. Drive it underneath, call the phone and bye bye. Likely even simpler methods. 50 cal sniper rifle could disable the gun from over a mile away.

Then the next version will be able to track RF signal and have a mini gun.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If that
's what they have its a sad thing with what they steal

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

That would be 3kms using a standard m82 or m107a1 50 BMG (29" BlackWidow would be nicer) with titanium flechette rounds in a depleted uranium flechette casing (3000'/sec and 18k joules ME). Somebody might even be able to do it with a higher grain .338 using lapau boat tail rounds, but they are not armor piercing and the energy after 3kms, although good for a kill, is probably not quite enough for a potentially armored robot (3000'/sec and 7k joules ME).

Could have some real phun with a 25 mm, but it's hell on the shoulder ;-)

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join