It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wussification of America is best exemplified by .....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

"The wussification of America is best exemplified by ....."

"Wear a mask".

/thread

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We all said “stay safe” wayyy before Covid. So OP I think you full of it. I heard this more in the military than civilian side, Police and first responders are they exception. Though in my old unit we had a bunch of Cops and EMTs.

You never or rarely say “good luck” to those going out the wire or patrol.

“Stay safe brother” usually said by friend to friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Good luck is more of a competitive thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He had a bit of a Leftist bent, but, more often than not he was dead on. He just made you chuckle and think about things in a different way.

Excuse me. I just found "The Best of George Carlin" on YouTube. This discussion has put me in the mood to listen to it.

I remember Carlin talking about liberal indoctrination centers (schools) . Carlin hated politics and politicians. He said he didn’t vote . Maybe it was all a bit but I he knew all politicians were scum , haven’t you heard his big club bit .

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
The term is so nebulous and has emerged due to COVID. Who the # started saying this?

I've heard "stay safe" my entire life from multiple individuals and media. It's appearance in the lexicon has nothing to do with COVID.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

But that makes since, considering soldiers and emergency responders can very easily be facing bullets and bombs as part of their everyday job. Just picking up your food at a drive thru though?? After getting your change from a gas station?? After buying a damn outfit at a clothing shop?? Where the # is the danger exactly??

Were not these same virtue signaling "stay safe" folks not just hollering YOLO for a full decade until two years ago??

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
the phrase STAY SAFE.

--

It's such a cowardly phrase.

By the way the word saFe is related to saVe.

While saving can be prudent (PRUDENTial Insurance - just noticed that), it can also make you a PRUDE. At some point saving too much is just a reflection of being (excessively) fearful and/or greedy.

The term is so nebulous and has emerged due to COVID. Who the # started saying this? Must have been some wuss on TV.

What does "stay safe" mean? Should I cower at home on endless Zoom calls while wearing a mask and taking a daily covid test?
Should I wear a mask in my car?

I say it to every first responder I encounter wherever I go. I don't avoid dangerous neighborhoods, I drive on through like a bamfy.
🙏❤

Kill em all is just so bad hair eighties bruh!

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't know where you live, but given the defund movements in place around the country, those things are sometimes risky these days.

There was a post on a blog about a tony suburb of Minneapolis St. Paul just earlier today. There was a carjacking at a grocery store where one guy got his legs run over, and the lady whose car it was got tangled in her seat belt and drug through the parking lot.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What an odd phrase to be triggered by.

I’m impressed that something as benign as “stay safe” could catapult you into a frothing rage of pearl-clutching indignation of Karenesque proportions.

I wonder what would happen if someone were to utter “take care” within your hearing distance. Would your head explode?
edit on 12/30/2021 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What are some other phrases for departure would you recommend to reverse the "wussification"?

Certainly not, "I love you" or "Peace be with you."
Our enemies would take full advantage of us if we openly expressed care for one another.

How about, "Gotta go, Fight Club." Or a very American "Fxck you" as a macho way to exit a conversation?

What if we just beat our chests and spit on the floor, that way the deaf and non English speakers can even understand?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

What an odd phrase to be triggered by.

I’m impressed that something as benign as “stay safe” could catapult you into a frothing rage of pearl-clutching indignation of Karenesque proportions.

I wonder what would happen if someone were to utter “take care” within your hearing distance. Would your head explode?

I only have 1/4 of my brain left after 2 years of staying safe. The rest has already melted due to an earlier explosion.

*I bet somebody will take offense to this. To which I say _____________ [censored]

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
We all said “stay safe” wayyy before Covid. So OP I think you full of it. I heard this more in the military than civilian side, Police and first responders are they exception. Though in my old unit we had a bunch of Cops and EMTs.

You never or rarely say “good luck” to those going out the wire or patrol.

“Stay safe brother” usually said by friend to friend.

u run in different circles.

I've never said it, much less heard it.

Oh and I'm a traveler....all over the world. Lived overseas. That has something to with my outlook / view on life.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
There's greetings and then there's partings, it's not like linguistics are static in nature. We literally share language.

Sometimes we change how we use words, maybe this is a reflection on society and the direction it's heading or maybe it's just language and it's ever evolving nature.

Overuse of words can dilute their meaning that said a lot of people are still a little touchy and dare I say worried about a couple of things going on in the world right now, maybe "stay safe" is an aptly expressed sentiment atm?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, godspeed.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

How about, "Gotta go, Fight Club." Or a very American "Fxck you" as a macho way to exit a conversation?

I like it "Oi you #" should be mandatory for greetings also.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

What amazed me was the show "Shining Time Station". It was a kid's show, where Carlin played the "Conductor". My Niece and Nephews loved that show. You should have seen the look on my Nephew's face when he got older and I introduced him to Carlin's other works.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Absolutely! Stay Safe is downright silly.

Maybe not quite as silly as soldiers wearing masks to 'protect' them from a virus with a 99% survival rate, but very close.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join