It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa Rioter has Charges Dismissed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A person who was charged multiple times during the riots in Portland Oregon in 2020 has the charges against her dropped by a Federal District Court.

Portland Antifa rioter charged with assaulting police has case dismissed after 30 hours community service
www.foxnews.com...

"Portland Police said Warner directed a high-powered laser into the eyes of law enforcement officers trying to disperse the crowd. Warner resisted arrest, prompting officers to use force, the DOJ said. A laser pointer was found on Warner.

Warner was booked into custody and charged with intentionally obstructing, impeding, interfering with law enforcement officers engaged in official duties but later released without bail.
"

In the following weeks Warner was arrested two more times and was released without bail each time.

"Scott Erik Asphaug, acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, filed a motion Dec. 21, asking the court to "dismiss with prejudice the indictment against (Warner), in the best interests of justice." The motion noted that the defendant had performed "at least 30 hours of community service."
The next day, U.S. District Court Judge Michael H. Simon dismissed Warner’s indictment "with prejudice,"

Arrested and released three times with no bail. Did they count the time she was at the riots as "community service"? In that area I could understand a Local Judge doing something like this, but a Federal Judge?

This gets better. The Judge, an Obama appointee is married to US Representative Suzanne Bonamici.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No bias or no problems there huh. I guess the message is "if you're protesting/rioting/looting on the side we're on you're fine!" Simply pathetic. Now change it from Antifa to Proud Boys or some other group on the Right and what does that look like? Ill bet it turns out the complete opposite... Country of laws, with a fair and just court system... More like a kangaroo court where we pick and choose at will what laws apply to who, when, where and how. I say you do wrong you pay for that crime the same as everyone else would, regardless of who you are. Doing it this way only sets us up for continued failure. And the worst part is, this is just the beginning. Just wait... 20 years from now?

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It stands to reason that a judge appointed by a piss poor president is going to be a piss poor judge. The appointment was no doubt made on the various boxes the appointee ticked rather than on actual ability.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
OR-CA-WA is where all the dangerous people, thieves, and baby-killers should go to live! Makes the other 47 states better places.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So once again. If the verdict goes the way you want, that's justice. If the verdict goes the other way, it's a total injustice.

Why not let the judges and jury do their job? No need to second guess them.

The hypocrisy on this site when it comes to judges and juries, is astounding.

It's so much like screaming voter fraud when you lose and accepting the results when you win.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So once again. If the verdict goes the way you want, that's justice. If the verdict goes the other way, it's a total injustice.

It's so much like screaming voter fraud when you lose and accepting the results when you win.

If you read what I rambled about you'd see I want equal justice for all and everyone. Anything politics touches and infests in this country breaks very quickly. We can now see that in many areas and courts are a perfect example. We should only base decisions on the rule of law independent of how we, as human beings and are fallible, feel. Our feelings do not matter one bit in a court house and should be enforced as such. It's actually quite simple... politics ruins it.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dleeb
No bias or no problems there huh. I guess the message is "if you're protesting/rioting/looting on the side we're on you're fine!" Simply pathetic. Now change it from Antifa to Proud Boys or some other group on the Right and what does that look like? Ill bet it turns out the complete opposite... Country of laws, with a fair and just court system... More like a kangaroo court where we pick and choose at will what laws apply to who, when, where and how. I say you do wrong you pay for that crime the same as everyone else would, regardless of who you are. Doing it this way only sets us up for continued failure. And the worst part is, this is just the beginning. Just wait... 20 years from now?

Ummm…an incite/insight filled observation…

There truly is no…Justice…in the judgement department…

At least they didn’t have to change the acronym…cause Department Of Judgement…is still the DOJ…

Innit…?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dleeb

There's more of this going on than is reported. Pressing charges and prosecuting them has become more about politics than law enforcement. In my area we had a 13 year old shoot and kill his 6 year old brother. I'll be the first person to say that it is tragic. The same day a 4 year old shot and killed himself. Again another tragedy. Charges are being filed against the parents of the 13 year old because he was able to access a gun. No charges are being filed over the 4 year old being able to access a gun. As a matter of fact they are holding fund raisers for the family of the 4 year old. There is no law requiring the security of weapons from children involved here. Many people in the area have noticed the double standard and are inquiring about it. They are being labeled as racists because the 4 year old was Black.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
OR-CA-WA is where all the dangerous people, thieves, and baby-killers should go to live! Makes the other 47 states better places.

Ummm…according to Obama…that would be the other 54 states…

Sooo…there is that…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

At least they didn’t have to change the acronym…cause Department Of Judgement…is still the DOJ…

Innit…?

YouSir

What's sad is that we are the ones ruining and allowing this to happen in the end. My dream, which will never happen, elect a whole new government, every incumbent voted out, regardless of who they are, disband every government service, everyone gets fired from the NSA, CIA, DOJ, FBI, etc. Etc. And start over. Some services will be restored faster than others of course. We'd have a few bad years where we adjust but in the end we restore this country to what it was intended to be. A free country and people rule and make the real decisions. Term limits will be added first thing to the constitution as well so as to avoid the Pelosis, etc. from happening ever again. Protect this country. It allows us to have the lives we live, the comforts we enjoy, and the freedoms to say and do damn near whatever we want. Those that preach this country sucks need to either leave and join the other utopias they see out there or fall in line and accept nothing is perfect but we can work together to protect and make this country prosperous for our children and their children's children. Not everything is about today. Sometimes real, true sacrifice is necessary to restore this place to a free and fair republic. People just don't want to do the work. Instead we allow # like this to continue and like I said what happens in 20 years, 30 years?!?! 50 years?!! We will tear ourselves apart by then... if not there will just be accepted purges.. History is cyclical, truly, and we really don't learn... we're worse than sheep.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Ummm…except for the part where these judges are…wait for it…wait for it…

Political appointees…

Appointed by the President of whichever party flavor du jour happens to be officiating…

Meaning they’re…of a certain stripe…

You do realize that’s why the lefties want to bypass the filibuster…and pack the SCOTUS…right…?

Right…?

WOWser…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I've been saying for years that all we'd need would be a 10 Kt. hit on DC on a Wed. morning. The next day we start from scratch.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Verdict?
There was no trial!
Charges were dismissed!

How would you have reacted if Kenosha Shooter Boy had been left go with NO charges???

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I certainly hope those brave officers have recovered form their brutal assault with a laser pointer. I can't imagine going back to normal life after such an attack.

This guy had it coming though. mostly peaceful.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I've been saying for years that all we'd need would be a 10 Kt. hit on DC on a Wed. morning. The next day we start from scratch.

We'd only be better off sadly... but it's not like those in Washington haven't purged many governments many times over. I don't ever like wishing bad on others but I can't not agree here. Its sad that most of the country feels this way. That includes those on the left, right, and moderates. But complacency is the governments best and most useful tool and the true enemy of the masses. People couldn't fathom living 5 to 10 bad years, not understanding that our lives are temporary, and sometimes it sucks, but we leave it better for those that come next. It's amazing the generation that fought for civil rights are the very ones who forgot the ideas of necessary sacrifice. Oh well, we can dream 😘.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ummm…Much as I love to dream…I realize that the limiting and corrupting agent in any group dynamic…is always the human factor…

Human beings are just too malleable…too easily led astray…swayed by honey pot ism…or whichever form of corrupt nature they give reign to…

The only salvation…cause face facts…we ain’t never going to evolve our way out of this enigma…IMO…is AI…

As long as we can keep the corrupting nature of man…out of the code…I think that’s where true impartiality might exist…in something with no skin in the game…

IMO…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Gee, I wonder why crime is on the rise?

A crim major would learn this in their very first class. No consequences = more crime.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

There's more of this going on than is reported. Pressing charges and prosecuting them has become more about politics than law enforcement. In my area we had a 13 year old shoot and kill his 6 year old brother. I'll be the first person to say that it is tragic. The same day a 4 year old shot and killed himself. Again another tragedy. Charges are being filed against the parents of the 13 year old because he was able to access a gun. No charges are being filed over the 4 year old being able to access a gun. As a matter of fact they are holding fund raisers for the family of the 4 year old. There is no law requiring the security of weapons from children involved here. Many people in the area have noticed the double standard and are inquiring about it. They are being labeled as racists because the 4 year old was Black.

Here in lies the problem and says everything you need to know about the current rule of law and the sacrifices at the alter that is happening everyday.... I guess it's Mccarthyism 2.0. Again no lessons learned from history. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dleeb

Innit…?

YouSir

What's sad is that we are the ones ruining and allowing this to happen in the end. My dream, which will never happen, elect a whole new government, every incumbent voted out, regardless of who they are, disband every government service, everyone gets fired from the NSA, CIA, DOJ, FBI, etc. Etc. And start over. Some services will be restored faster than others of course. We'd have a few bad years where we adjust but in the end we restore this country to what it was intended to be. A free country and people rule and make the real decisions. Term limits will be added first thing to the constitution as well so as to avoid the Pelosis, etc. from happening ever again. Protect this country. It allows us to have the lives we live, the comforts we enjoy, and the freedoms to say and do damn near whatever we want. Those that preach this country sucks need to either leave and join the other utopias they see out there or fall in line and accept nothing is perfect but we can work together to protect and make this country prosperous for our children and their children's children. Not everything is about today. Sometimes real, true sacrifice is necessary to restore this place to a free and fair republic. People just don't want to do the work. Instead we allow # like this to continue and like I said what happens in 20 years, 30 years?!?! 50 years?!! We will tear ourselves apart by then... if not there will just be accepted purges.. History is cyclical, truly, and we really don't learn... we're worse than sheep.

Uhhhmmmmm..... Yup! That is a dream alrighty. And one that will NEVER come true unless they are all wiped out via warfare or natural disaster of some kind. BUT!!!!! Start a little smaller, at the local level, and work up that chit ladder. It can happen but not likely. Still gonna try on my end though. If only we had a fair and honest voting system. Sigh.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Ummm…Much as I love to dream…I realize that the limiting and corrupting agent in any group dynamic…is always the human factor…

Human beings are just too malleable…too easily led astray…swayed by honey pot ism…or whichever form of corrupt nature they give reign to…

The only salvation…cause face facts…we ain’t never going to evolve our way out of this enigma…IMO…is AI…

As long as we can keep the corrupting nature of man…out of the code…I think that’s where true impartiality might exist…in something with no skin in the game…

IMO…

YouSir

AI will inevitably realize that humans are the true threat and need to be eliminated completely for the betterment of everything. Can't say I disagree with the end result sadly. We are a completely and utterly failed species. We #ed up bad. So inevitably I think AI evolves to realize this. Thus T2 but justified on skynets part.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join