It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Started a Podcast BHP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My best friend and I, started a podcast together.
We called it The Broken Home Podcast.

The both of us came from broken households, no positive role models, and a lack of father.
My co host met his father for the first time just a few years ago.
I met my father for the first time when I was 12.
We’re both around 40 years old - my god it’s weird writing that. I feel like I’m 25.

Somehow, through life’s curveballs and challenges, we became adults… only by age really. Haha

Our goal of this podcast is to be sort of a mens health / discussion forum for young to middle aged guys who also can relate to these circumstances.
There’s no Instruction manual on how to be a good and present father.
And it’s even more difficult when you didn’t have one in your life to guide you and now you find yourself being a Dad.

We talk about some fairly serious topics, but we try to inject humour into it, sort of making fun of ourselves.
The first episode focuses on my cohost’s early years. And just a warning, I never realized how much I swear. So there’s some foul language in there.
The second episode is about my early years and there’s a lot less swearing. I made a point of watching how I spoke.

For the third episode, as sort of a joke, I interview a friend of mine who’s best friend in life is his father. But it turned out to be a pretty beautiful conversation.

Episode 4 is going to be us talking about some of the changes we’re noticing as we age. Both physical and mental.
For example, This sounds gross, but I found a 4 inch hair growing out of my shoulder the other day ahaha. The little bugger musta just sprung up over night. I’ve never had it happen before so I looked it up and sure enough, it’s just one of those things that happen when we age.

I hope some of you that listen to pods check it out. Feel free to write in and give us something you want to hear discussed, or even tell us your story. If our stories help even just one person, then it was all worth it.

Oh, one cool thing is we got a Sponsor already. So if your around our age and you game still, there’s a pretty handy little gaming accessory that I talk about. You will find it handy!

Come have a listen, even if to just give me your feedback or make a suggestion.

Here’s the Link to Spotify

The Broken Home Podcast

Here’s the link to Anchor

BHP

We will be listing on Apple Podcasts in 2 weeks.
And will be adding video around Ep 5. Or 6. So we will be uploading to YouTube as well.

edit on 29-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Cool. Subscribed.

I'm 57. My old man left when I was about 5. Didn't see him after about 12 years of age, then spent a few days with him on my 49th birthday. He died a few weeks later. I wrote a song about that.

I've been married for almost 38 years, have two good kids. Don't know how that happened.

I wish you luck.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Right on.

Will the erosion of manhood and fatherhood, something like this serves a purpose.

My uncle and I are thinking of in person courses.

I'll check it out Mac.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

And those are the exact type of stories we want folks to share with us.
So not only can we learn about them, but there’s others out there who probably have dealt with something similar or currently are.
And I know some guys won’t be into this, but as men we don’t talk about this stuff really.
So that story of the struggle doesn’t get passed on often.
We’re hoping to change that.

And thank you!

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, please do. And offer any suggestions you can.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

edit on 12/30/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I only ever met my real father once in life when i was 17 years old.

But at that age back then all i really was interested in was a bottle of wine and the wee birds in the park.

Moral of that story is don't leave it to late as the world spins and people change.

Never make that mistake with my own two kids all the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   

wait until the little hairs start coming out of your ears brother. Pro tip, get some good tweezers.

and the one long hair turned down from your eye brow, can be used like a targeting system. Half of a crosshair.

Getting old isn't for pussies.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I've got this one eye floater that pretty much resembles a crosshair of sorts. LoL

Been their since i was a wean all the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Or that fateful day the clockweights finally sag low enough to make splashdown. Yeah, I went there. There's no going back.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

Hahah Yes!
I blame that on wearing boxers haha

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I’ve been scanning for those because I know their coming! Haha

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Exactly right.
Is your father still alive? Is there any hope of meeting him?

My cohost of the podcast met his dad when he was 33 years old.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

wait until the little hairs start coming out of your ears brother. Pro tip, get some good tweezers.

and the one long hair turned down from your eye brow, can be used like a targeting system. Half of a crosshair.

Getting old isn't for pussies.

An old fellow i knew used to say:

Getting old ain't all that bad, it's just damned inconvenient.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Died a few years back now, had to learn about it from Facebook, which is as much my fault as anyone else i suppose.

So not much hope in this verse.

Way it worked mate was my Mum left the guy when i was a few months old, moved on and married again and i was brought up between my grandparents home and her house with new stepdad.

She did not want me to see the fellow or provided me my birth certificate until i was sixteen by which time i was not really that interested, hence i only met him when i was 17, probably to piss my mother off more than anything else.

What can i say, i love the woman to bits but she is a bit twisted and all that jazz, my up bringing had some strange social dynamics.
edit on 30-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

yep, when the boys dance that close to the water, touchdown can wake you right up.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Wow. That rings so true to me.
It’s sorta along the same lines that happened to me.
My mother sent me across the province to go live with my dad- whom i had only met twice before that.
He was never around so I ended up living with his mother - my grandmother.

I go into some detail about that in Ep2 of the podcast.
I think you will be able to relate to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Bahahaha soooo true!

Ever see that Jackass skit Bad Grandpa,
His Newts hanging out loose out the bottom of his shorts?

One of my greatest fears lol.

Kids used to take a pen and make a little dash to see how much they grew up every year.
I’m thinking about doing the same, but in reverse haha

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh! We’re live on Apple Podcasts now.
I just got the word.

BHP on Apple Podcasts

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Link supposed to do this😁.

Probably not..lol..

The first link works( I'll have to download that Spotify app👍🏼)

Thanks for sharing. S&F

edit on 30-12-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join