It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowvolution Began

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
THIS IS A RICK & MORTY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

A friendly, if somewhat foul-mouthed, crow became a temporary mascot at Allen Dale Elementary School in November when the bird took up residence at the Grants Pass school.

“This crow showed up at our school just out of the blue one morning,” said Naomi Imel, an education assistant at Allen Dale, over the phone on Thursday.

It began looking into classrooms, Imel said, and pecking on doors. At one point, it made its way into a fifth-grade classroom where it “helped itself to some snacks,” she said.[...]

Friendly, foul-mouthed crow befriends entire Oregon elementary school before state police are called in

All your snacks belong to us now.
This is not a test, this is Operation MF Crowvolution. Prove me wrong?

Have at it, and a nice #ing day to you!

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
LOL
State police don't want people making pets out of wild animals.

In this case pal, I think it was the other way around.

Such a smart bird. Glad it had a happy ending.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

In this case pal, I think it was the other way around.

"...not the droids you're looking for."

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As a bird lover and someone who's always wanted a pet raven, I loved this story!

I've raised dozens and dozens of parrots in my life, and have to say I'm 99.9% certain her pet is a male. Why? Because females, while having the ability to talk, seldom do- and when they do, it's not as legible or extensive as a males' vocabulary.
Birds are SO much smarter than people realize, and crows are right up there near the top of the list!

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spartakush

Crows are incredibly intelligent birds and every bit as talented at learning to speak as a parrot or miner bird.

So just maybe this while the same species as the wild crow is actually an escaped or released pet and in fact it would have to be in order to know how to mimic human words that simply would not happen in the wild, I would assume that either it's owner got sick and died or else it was released or escaped for other reason's.

That also explains it lack of fear around human's.

It sounds like it is no able to survive in the wild and came back to humans so I hope they find it a nice and more importantly loving home.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't think you poor woomans realize what's up, this is over already. Look up the size of their brains, and compare that to ours (in relation to body-mass)?

Good thing they seem to enjoy shrooms as well. So we've got that going for us.

edit on 28-12-2021 by Spartakush because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Very cute. Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Crowvolution Began

And as I look out my office window, what do I see but a flock of crows sharing a bag of McDs french fries. What are the odds?

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
As a bird lover and someone who's always wanted a pet raven, I loved this story!

I've raised dozens and dozens of parrots in my life, and have to say I'm 99.9% certain her pet is a male. Why? Because females, while having the ability to talk, seldom do- and when they do, it's not as legible or extensive as a males' vocabulary.
Birds are SO much smarter than people realize, and crows are right up there near the top of the list!

Ummm…so your saying…that the males are smarter than the females…

Seems in keeping…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Interesting. You must think women are smarter then men when they use a bigger vocabulary, and more of it.

Kinda shallow, innit?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: nugget1

Ummm…so your saying…that the males are smarter than the females…

Seems in keeping…

YouSir

The males are typically the most colorful.
Lots of birds do mate for life, but when ones' life ends the remaining bird will soon find another mate.
Touching a baby bird that has fallen from the nest in order to replace it won't cause the parents to abandon the nest; that's an old wives' tale. If there is something wrong with its development they'll just throw it out again.
A diet of seed only is equal to a human eating nothing but potato chips and candy bars for their lifetime.

Enough trivia. To answer your question '…so your saying…that the males are smarter than the females…' no; I'm saying the females are smart enough to know when to keep their mouth shut.

edit on 300000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
LOL
Only when they "identify as females"
Am I right?

As far as the birds?
It just depends on the bird. Watching them, it really is pretty equal who is smarter, at least in my yard.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There's several that live close by me; There's one in particular, that likes to purr at me like a cat.

new topics

top topics

join