It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your costco sells booze, buy this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I read some things that Costco uses good booze behind their store brand stuff. I saw this at the Costco in Myrtle Beach, it was $29, so I grabbed it.
I can't say for sure, but I think it's Elmer T. Lee. it's really good, Carmel and soft spices, little burn, very smooth, and lasting taste. It's as good as any $50 bottle I have bought, so do yourself a favor, and if you can, grab it. You can thank me later, or if you like, send me a bottle. Whichever.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am not a big bourbon drinker but if that is Elmer T Lee rebranded for $29, that would be a pretty good score.
One of my New Years resolutions is to cut back on my whiskey intake, so we’ll see what happens lol

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You've got just a few days left to up your average! It will make "cutting back" that much easier.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

just cut back on the cheap stuff. This is worth a taste.

I don't know for sure it IS Elmer T. Lee, but I have a bottle and the two are very similar. Both amazing.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Costco usually get's their booze from small distilleries in the same areas as some of the major brands. So pretty much the same water and ingredients. They do this with their vodka in that big bottle. And their vodka tastes better than grey goose.

If I can find a costco with a liquor store I'll give it a try.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I read elsewhere that it was MGP's Diekel out of Tennessee.

edit on 28-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It may well be. I'm totally guessing on it's contents. But it has that sweetness, and smooth finish that ETL does.
regardless, it's fantastic and if you can get it, you should. If you can't, come see me.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I like the idea of Bourbon.
But I'm a cheap Southern Comfort girl.

A song written by Southern Comfort

lol

edit on 28-12-2021 by Peeple because: add music

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It may well be. I'm totally guessing on it's contents. But it has that sweetness, and smooth finish that ETL does.
regardless, it's fantastic and if you can get it, you should. If you can't, come see me.

...a dustcloud shows us in which direction Augustus went

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Tellemore du (sp?)and Bushmills was my schtick back in the day.
Anything else, like Dewars wouldn't agree.
Probably because I'm a mick.
Interesting find op.
Costco has the hookup on garage shelves too.
I just picked up 4 of them. Major HD. Great prices.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Don’t be a quitter

You are better than that, lol

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now I'm almost sad that I don't shop at Costco. But you know what they say, any bourbon is better than going to jail sober.

... What?

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Kirkland is or used to be a Aldi's brand.
Aldi's & Costco are the same???
Probably not but which company is hiding behind the Kirkland moniker? Unilever???

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
FYI

www.rvandplaya.com...

This article says it's a George Dickel made bourbon.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

that would make sense. I have some Dickle single barrel select that was about $50 and it's amazing. I'll try to two together and see if I can tell. If not, who cares.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Supposedly costco asked for it to be a little different from regular Dickle. But we shall see.

Also in case you want to try some new drinks.

Evan Williams: Bottled in Bond. Great for mixed drinks. I think this one is underrated and inexpensive.
Monkey Shoulder.
Glenmorangie. This one here comes in different varieties. The sherry cask aged may be my favorite.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I have a few bottles of Evan Williams single barrel 2012 (good year) but I am slow to dig into the rye whisky. I have a few that I kind of like, but I'm weird in that I really don't like scotch. Rye has that smokey, ass aftertaste at times. Michters rye is good, and Whistle pig 10 year is good. But my flavor pallet seems to really like the smooth sweet bourbons.

I like the orphan barrel group, but can't find many, and if I do, they are a bit higher than I like to spend. But if I find them, I will buy them and just not mention the price.

Single barrel select bottles have been my best prizes.

top topics

join