It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never be concerned about the Flu again.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If you hear of anyone trying to worry you about the flu, laugh in their face. Point to them, and reference the flat Earth conspiracy. That is where they belong.

We now know 100% that we have the tools to make the flu no longer exist. I could reference countless ATS members here spouting that, but they really don't have any credibility, they are just anonymous forum members. So I'll offer data. Or what passes for data in most circles.

www.pharmacytimes.com...

The study aimed to examine the impact of masking and social distancing practices used to control the spread of COVID-19. Researchers in Ohio found these measures reduced the spread of the flu by 99% as well as no cases of RSV in the Northern Ohio research region.

www.cdc.gov...

Symptomatic Persons
Adults can shed influenza virus 1 day before symptoms appear and up to approximately 5 to 7 days after onset of illness; thus, the selective use of masks (e.g., in proximity to a known symptomatic person) may not effectively limit transmission in the community. Young children, immunocompromised persons of any age, and critically ill patients with influenza can shed influenza viruses in the respiratory tract for prolonged periods. Moreover, because no single intervention can provide complete protection against influenza virus transmission, emphasis should be placed on multiple strategies including pharmaceutical (e.g., vaccines and antiviral medications) and non-pharmaceutical interventions. The latter group include: 1) community measures (e.g., social distancing and school closures); 2) environmental measures (e.g., routine surface cleaning); and 3) personal protective measures such as encouraging symptomatic persons to:

cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing,
use tissues to contain respiratory secretions and, after use, to dispose of them in the nearest waste receptacle, and
perform hand hygiene (e.g., handwashing with non-antimicrobial soap and water, and alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available) after having contact with respiratory secretions and contaminated objects/materials.

www.npr.org...

A study released this month in the Journal of Hospital Medicine, led by researchers from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, found that across 44 children's hospitals, the number of pediatric patients hospitalized for respiratory illnesses is down 62%. Deaths have dropped dramatically too, compared with the last 10 years: The number of flu deaths among children is usually between 100 and 200 per year, but so far only one child has died from the disease in the U.S. during the 2020-2021 flu season.

Adults aren't getting sick either. U.S. flu deaths this season will be measured in the hundreds instead of thousands. During the 2018-2019 flu season, which experienced a moderate level of flu activity, an estimated 34,200 Americans died.

www.upi.com...

However, during the 2020-21 winter season, only two isolated cases of Influenza B virus and no cases of Influenza A virus were detected among Akron Children's patients, a finding that is similar to what the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that much of the United States experienced.

This thread is more of a place holder for future events. It's my prediction that the Flu will be back, and the numbers will look significantly similar to some other event in our history. Will masks be mandated? Will the Flu shot be mandated? We have opened Pandora's box here. I'm not sure what is off the table at this point. Just know that today, December 28th, 2021, the folks in charge are making the unequivocal claim that masking, hand washing, and distancing are enough to make the Flu disappear.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good write up lol. Though to be fair its not really a prediction if you knew it was never really gone, and if you did believe it then you are a fool. You can say the Flu was taking off a season. Welcome back to reality.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

I may have mentioned this before.

eta:
and this one has some fantastic replies.
edit on 28-12-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Who knew that a disease that's been with us 8000 years or more could be virtually wiped out just by wearing a mask and coughing into your armpit.
edit on 28-12-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Who knew that a disease that's been with us 8000 years or more could be virtually wiped out just by wearing a mask and coughing into your armpit.

I have been told to cough into your elbow. If we continue to get misinformation like this, we risk getting the Flu back to it's old numbers. We can't risk it. It's for the kids.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

As travelers across the U.S. have been surprised to find their flights canceled this week amidst the holiday season, cases of the omicron variant of the coronavirus and flu hospitalizations are on the rise.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Will masks be mandated? Will the Flu shot be mandated? We have opened Pandora's box here....

Here's the way I see it: People die. It happens to each and every one of us at some point. If some people want to do everything they possibly can to prolong their inevitable demise, then that's perfectly fine. If some people don't really care and just let life happen, or even if some people do things to themselves that they know is speeding up that inevitable end, that is perfectly fine also. To each their own.

I'm so tired of these hypocrites in positions of authority who continue pretending like they actually care about the well-being of everybody else. Or even if they actually do believe themselves that they care, it's still not their life and it's not up to them.

To each their own. Live and let live. Screw everything else.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

individual liberties and freedom? you sound so radical.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I never was concerned about the flu in the first place. Lots of scarier stuff to fear.

Like overreaching government.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

According to FluView Influenza is back, but then we knew it really wasn't gone. The strain being detected most right now is influenza A(H3N2) which was part of this seasons Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine.

Key Points

Influenza activity is increasing, with the eastern and central parts of the country seeing the largest increases and the western part of the country reporting lower levels of influenza virus circulation.

The majority of influenza viruses detected are A(H3N2). Most influenza A(H3N2) infections have occurred among children and young adults ages 5-24 years; however, the proportion of infections occurring among adults age 25 years and older has been increasing.

The percentage of outpatient visits due to respiratory illness is trending upwards and is above the national baseline. Influenza is contributing to levels of respiratory illness, but other respiratory viruses are also circulating.

Hospitalizations for influenza are starting to increase.

The first two influenza-associated pediatric deaths this season were reported this week. Both cases were associated with influenza A virus infections.

There’s still time to get vaccinated. An annual flu vaccine is the best way to protect against flu and its potentially serious complications. CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine.There are early signs that flu vaccination uptake is down this season compared to last.

With flu activity just getting started, there is still time to benefit from flu vaccination this season. Visit www.vaccines.gov to find a flu vaccine near you.

There are also flu antiviral drugs that can be used to treat flu illness.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I for one am just glad we have found the key to beating the flu. I think I'll start posting some of the assurances I got from previous threads.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Remember that story that everyone in this little town was getting their windows shot out by a BB gun.
Turns out it was the window maker going around doing it to drum up business.

I think we are the windows and big Pharma & the Government are doing this, and turning around robbing us blind.

As a child I don’t remember
Hardly any obese people
Hardly any allergies, very few food allergies
Hardly anyone with diabetes
Hardly anyone with Autism, ADHD, ADD
Hardly anyone with neurological disorders
Hardly anyone with reproductive issues

Why are all these thing so widespread now… All Roads lead to….

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Isn't the pharmacytimes, NPR and UPI who state flu is way down, contradictory to the CDC stating that "Adults can shed influenza virus 1 day before symptoms appear and up to approximately 5 to 7 days after onset of illness; thus, the selective use of masks (e.g., in proximity to a known symptomatic person) may not effectively limit transmission in the community." Basically the CDC is saying "mask-all-the-time" without actually saying it. Only the pharmacytimes is stating some stupid mask reasoning, the NPR and UPI seem to be just making a statement with no real reasons given for the outcomes.

I find the entire thing ridiculous anyway and simply a giant fraud. If you wear a mask outside, you can see the water particles go everywhere lol. Maybe the flu, like the bees, is being killed off by 4G, LTE and 5G, that's just as good a theory ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

As a child I don’t remember
Hardly any obese people
Hardly any allergies, very few food allergies
Hardly anyone with diabetes
Hardly anyone with Autism, ADHD, ADD
Hardly anyone with neurological disorders
Hardly anyone with reproductive issues

Why are all these thing so widespread now…

Internet Contagions.

It's pretty interesting (& amusing) really. Back in the day, people didn't know that many of those things were an option. Now everybody knows all the options, so of course they must be allergic to ********* and afflicted with *********....

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Now everybody knows all the options, so of course they must be allergic to ********* and afflicted with *********

# 1 - Gluten. There are folks out there who have Celiac Disease, but far more just do it as a fad.

" Oh, I can't eat gluten !"
"Are you allergic ? Do you have Celiac Disease ?
"What's Celiac Disease ?

# 2 Stupid and/or Gullible. They'll jump on whatever bandwagon that comes along, just be with the "in" crowd. The ones who lined up for their Covid shots and will be lining up for their boosters, will be the ones who will now be clamoring for their Flu shots.

In the meantime...pass me the lasagna and some of that crunchy garlic bread.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I view it as the acceptable risk of living my life. It's like eating vegetarian or vegan. Maybe it would prolong my life by a few years, but if all those years are miserable because I'm not able to really enjoy what I'm eating in any real way, what would be the point of living longer?

If I can never enjoy hugging a relative again or going somewhere without staving off claustrophobic panic thanks to a mask, what's the point of living those few miserable years longer?

new topics

top topics

join