It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Look Up - Finally a film I enjoyed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I loved it , i can imagine this is how we deal with space rocks these days!!!

Just ignore it , it might go away

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

It's not a comet, it's a giant ball of stupid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: putnam6

Really man??? This whole movie was pure satire. It's a reflection of how people are easily distracted/lead.

Jesus tits people, has nobody ever watched airplane or top secret???

I get it duh satire, I'm glad you liked it, I thought it was pretty heavy-handed. Hell, I loved the movie about Cheaney "Vice" also by McKay was excellent and the BIg Short was an all-time favorite. DLU felt forced like it was dependant on the star power instead of the writing. It's not even in the class of those 2 films with a fair amount of satire.

Funny how I appreciated the satire from the new Spidey movie and even the new Matrix. Cause both of them did 'satire' very well. It was a little more subtle and less over the top.

Dont Look Up reminded me of somebody trying to make fun of themselves and failing

Airplane and Top Secret are in a different class, nobody can touch Leslie Nielsen

I am serious and don't call me Shirley
edit on 28-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ahh well fair enough, I get what you are saying, and nobody can touch Nielson and Bridges.

Showed my son Top Secret as a kid and we still quote it to one another.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Would rather watch paint dry .

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Could be a good film...until somebody with some knowledge of real Astronomy watches it.....you do realize there's 1000's of Professional & amateur Astronomers on planet earth that could confirm ELE's....

They didn't say it wasn't coming?

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Ahh well fair enough, I get what you are saying, and nobody can touch Nielson and Bridges.

Showed my son Top Secret as a kid and we still quote it to one another.

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue...

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Great movie about covid!

I mean, these big-rock-hits-the-earth movies always feature asteroids, not comets, so why did this one use a comet? Cos it sounds more like covid. The movie where’s its heart on its sleeve. Laughed my arse off.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
The comet is covid.

Except 99% of people survive COVID and 99% would die from a large comet impact. But yeah sure other than that I guess it's similar.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

The comet is covid.

Except 99% of people survive COVID and 99% would die from a large comet impact. But yeah sure other than that I guess it's similar.

I know what a mysterious thing to say. Agreed a comet would kill 99% and covid 99% would survive. Is that better ? Lol watch the movie dude.
edit on th12031010 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
its about global warming. wake up. look up. the end is nigh.

but on the bright side it is good to know there is a space craft built and standing by, ready to carry the select few - around 2000 - to another planet in the last moments after we destroy earth

could have been edited to a hour 25 with losing ANYTHING

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Oh man, the new Matrix was abhorrent... I almost cried at how much it was just thrown together with nary a fiber of what made the Matrix such a great movie.

A move made for the sake of cashing in.

I shall say no more..

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

Would rather watch paint dry .

What network is it streaming on?

Sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon!

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The earths magnetic field is weakening fast and increasingly so.
Earth’s magnetic field is changing 10 times faster than previously thought
ourplnt.com...
Earth’s Magnetic Field is Changing Surprisingly Quickly
www.universetoday.com...

The NA Currant is slowing and on the verge of stopping
Atlantic Ocean circulation is the weakest in at least 1,600 years, study finds – here's what that means for the climate
www.cbsnews.com...

We are increasingly having near earth traffic of dangerous size so the missions to turn them from the earth.

Killer Asteroid hitting Earth in 2022
Lindley Johnson, NASA’s planetary defence officer said in a statement on its official website, “The first step to stopping a killer asteroid is finding it. There are literally hundreds of thousands of asteroids out there, and we want to separate out those we should keep a closer watch on and monitor over time.”

Johnson revealed that so far, there are 2,078 potentially hazardous asteroids in NASA’s catalogue. In October 2022, a half-mile-wide asteroid called Didymos will approach Earth.

The people with power and money realize what is coming, they have their plans, we are being laughed at.

links are the fist one I came to so no complaints!

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The comet is covid.

global warming.

however the best part is the actors , directors and writers are so self absorbed and oblivious to reality that they fail to see that they as part of hollyweird,MSM, and the Democratics biggest fan boi, are the idiots they are fighting in the film.
lol

edit on 34131America/ChicagoTue, 04 Jan 2022 21:34:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I love the dark satire of the whole film, I’d recommend it!

I enjoyed the dark satire also.

Some excellent acting, some fair to middling, but it was the dark satire, the under tones of the movie, that did it for me.

I would recommend it also, but only to certain friends. I have some friends that would not receive it well, and would miss all the nuances, and miss all the in between the lines scripting.

Funny thing is that I only got around to watching it today, after two of my friends, two that I would never have imaged would even watch this movie, both suggested I watch it, because they thought I would like it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join