It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No New Covid Restrictions For England For Now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
UK PM Boris Johnson did not announce any new measures for England despite the tightening of restrictions in Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland . Having consulted with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer things in England are staying as they are for now.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dp

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

I'm unsurprised , any new rules brought in now would be unenforceable before New Years Eve so pointless.

Sadly after New Years Eve we're bound to see a spike.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Almost certainly and with NHS nursing staff Covid related absence running at twenty percent the measures will need to be extreme.
a reply to: gortex

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That is such a strange post.

Such a kill joy.

What are you hoping for?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm unsurprised , any new rules brought in now would be unenforceable before New Years Eve so pointless.

Sadly after New Years Eve we're bound to see a spike.

Of runny noses.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
That is such a strange post.

Such a kill joy.

What are you hoping for?

I'm not hoping or dreading anything. I linked the article and briefly summarised it as is required. I expressed no opinion. The only strange thing so far in this thread is your odd reaction to it

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My post was not a reply to your opening post.

I replied to the post where you said 'measures will need to be extreme'.

edit on 27-12-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My only other post is a statement of current NHS absence levels and what would likely need to happen if as suggested there is new year spike. As with my op I expressed nothing of how I personally felt about it. Is it your moon time?
a reply to: Itisnowagain

edit on 27-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This one:

post=26276440]Granitebones[/post]
Almost certainly and with NHS nursing staff Covid related absence running at twenty percent the measures will need to be extreme

See...'measures will need to be extreme'

What measures?
edit on 27-12-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
With the lethality being so low even with the rise in cases,along with hospitalizations are well below ATH
he had no choice.

edit on 27-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
With the lethality being so low even with the rise in cases,along with hospitalizations are well below ATH
he had no choice.

Nearly 3/4 of a million positive cases per week and nearly 800 deaths per week. Looks like he's going for his original plan A of "let the bodies pile high in their thousand".

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: putnam6
he had no choice.

Nearly 3/4 of a million positive cases per week and nearly 800 deaths per week. Looks like he's going for his original plan A of "let the bodies pile high in their thousand".

Those bodies are piling up at a significantly lower rate than the ATH and even the second most.

Why is Wales so much higher per 100,000 than anywhere else?

Deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate by area
The total number of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes since the start of the pandemic. The data are published weekly. There is a lag in reporting of at least 11 days because the data are based on death registrations.

Rate per 100,000 population
Wales 9,052 285.6
Scotland 12,287 224.8
N. Ireland 3,936 207.6
England 145,416 257.1

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
UK PM Boris Johnson did not announce any new measures for England despite the tightening of restrictions in Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland . Having consulted with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer things in England are staying as they are for now.
www.bbc.co.uk...

We can take that consultation with a pinch of salt.

This is a political move, designed to put some space between the last time his SHTF and the next time his SHTF. My money is on w/c 10th January, after the schools have been back a week.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
This one:

post=26276440]Granitebones[/post]
Almost certainly and with NHS nursing staff Covid related absence running at twenty percent the measures will need to be extreme

See...'measures will need to be extreme'

What measures?

Measures to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed. Such as limited household mixing, table service only and/or possible closures of entertainment venues, working from home etc such as we had in the UK previously. I hope that it doesn't come to that or a full lockdown but I accept the possibility that it might come to that.
edit on 28-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join