It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-time, Dark Energy And The Big Rip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There has been a few thoughts bouncing around my little brain lately. One of them is the fact that the expansion of the universe being caused by dark energy. This expansion is actually accelerating. There are groups of galaxies that are able to float along together, galaxies of stars themselves aren't being ripped apart by this dark energy that is causing space to expand and solar systems aren't being affected...for now.

Many years in the future this could prove to be a different story if this acceleration continues. Eventually dark energy could begin to rip apart solar systems then stars and even planets, then molecules and then even overpower the strong nuclear force that holds together quarks.

But what happens when you try to rip quarks apart? Color confinement seems to suggest that you would create a shower of new matter. This would seem to me to create conditions that mimic the early universe. Including Quark/Gluon plasma and initial rapid inflation. The expansion could still be going at lightspeed or more. But once you create enough matter, it's gravity would kick in and slow the universe back down to a reasonable rate. Then you would wind up with a tug of war between expansion and gravity, just like we have.

Imagine a time when the universe is expanding faster then the speed of light, as the cosmological horizon contracts, gravity would weaken as matter moves out of the universe. The speed of expansion would increase and increase in a feedback loop. At some point a random atom would be torn apart causing a cascade of new matter (via color confinement) this new matter would be carried for a time (inflation) this would have the effect of dumping or sinking all that expansion energy into the production of new matter in this small part of space until gravity balanced the rate of expansion slowing the process. Everything outside this space would have been moving much faster then the speed of light(because of expansion) there by cutting it off forever from the new universe.

Perhaps this is how the universe works, sort of like a bouncing ball.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think this may be happening during our lifetimes. I also think in 2017 or 2018 we lost 2 hours in time. I am not as intelligent as your are...but yes time has changed.

(post by Weent19 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Cut and paste (with minor editing) of question asked here 4 years ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

A universe expanding beyond c seems to be accepted by the science community. It is based on evidence.

What if all the evidence is flawed?

How could the evidence be flawed?

All evidence is based on observation/experimental data taken from a point/s measuring the relative differences between other points within the volume/space of the universe. And looks like expansion is accelerating beyond c with systems moving away from each other.

If the expanding universe was viewed as an object. Then any 2 or more fixed points within the volume/space of the universe/object (embedded in spacetime) would remain equal distances from each other relative to the scale of the universe/object.

If you take any object. Then double its size (by expansion). The volume more than doubles to 4x.

Any fixed points within the volume will seem as though they have moved away from each other by more than double
to 4x.

The rate of the expansion of the universe does not need to exceed c for my above explanation.

Unfortunately. I do not know how to express my answer as a math form. If anyone can explain it mathematically. Then we might prove that the universe is expanding at c only.

top topics

join