It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Important Things You Need When Hunkering Down During SHTF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

You say this and I assume you never been on a disaster situation. Most people can’t/or their bodies won’t adapt to not have their regular diets. Even worst most that try will suffer from malnutrition and probably die. Witnessing your wife, husband, son, daughter, mom, dad suffering and dying from hunger will nix any survival plan you have in place.

Additionally, the average range temperatures you can keep medicines is between 52 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Outside that range most medicines degrade to the point of becoming unusable. People that rely regularly on oxygen, ventilators, feeding tubes, suction devices, wheelchairs, home dialysis or any other medical condition that’s supported by electricity are IMMEDIATELY in peril.

You can come and say: well not everyone can be saved? But that’s all good and well until is someone you know…Someone close to you… then at that point even the best of plans can go to hell become you start making emotional decisions rather than rational/logical.

The idea of coming up with a plan is to have all bases covered. If you are taking electric power and you think you and your family could do without it then I wish you the best of luck but there is plenty of history that tell you are wrong.

Ummm…listen…those that require the most…infrastructure…to survive in a long term disaster type scenario…will unfortunately be among the first or second tier of population groups to perish…

The infirm and the elderly…will probably not survive long term…neither will those who require medications to survive…unless they research and provide for natural plant/mycological species to fill that role…

I know it sounds harsh…but that’s just reality talking…

Bear in mind…long term scenario…

Unless you’ve positioned yourself in a location or community with it’s own power source…hydroelectric etc…and with the requisite skill sets to keep the plant operating…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Number 1 on any list should be a positive mental attitude. If you don't have that you won't last a week.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's lucky our ATS sponsor is just a click away.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One thing my dad taught me
Survival is predicated by discipline
And
Ration before you need to,
It goes an extra mile

top topics

<< 1   >>

join