It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows That Frightened You As A Child.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I thought it rocked, but I always hear that seeing Watership Down, animated, scarred a lot of kids.

It's an animated movie, so parents think nothing of it, but then it's filled with blood and death. The scenes were Holly described the poisoning of the home warren are nightmare fuel. Then you have Efrafa which might as well be any oppressively brutal communist/fascist regime. The secret rabbit police openly rip out throats and brutalize other rabbits, and it all ends up with a rabbit war complete with blood, death, and large, vicious dog that comes in and mass murders rabbits indiscriminately.

I loved it, but lots of people found it horrifying as kids.

I never thought about it before, but it turns out that Efrafa go the way it was because all the rabbits in it are afraid of being infected with a disease once used to control rabbit populations. So it turns out that Efrafa is an oppressive medical dictatorship!
edit on 27-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
All the ones that were expectations to watch... not liking any of the junk other people watched I would read. Having to take a break when hearing someone screaming my name to go there and turn the stupid thing to another channel? Every day sometimes four to six times a night.

All those stupid cop shows and lawyer shows that have never done anything other than disinfo or poorly or wrongly inform everyone how it works and poison those in the profession(s) that may happen to watch it unless they watch it intelligently finding all the mistakes like it's an at home extended study course... and then write questions down and take them to the very same ranked individual as seen on TV stating it was that way as law.

Incarceration is a free education in that process... don't accept anything from them not legal, not phone calls, not advice, not medical, not food, not even a bar of soap is my advice and absolutely mums the word. The uniform and cuffs and cot is of course the somethings you cannot avoid and certainly do not accept their "early" release. Also do not sue them the early release means THEY were at fault... not suing them allows the "laws" and enforcement to change and for the better. Not accepting any of that stuff is savings to you and them. It's money they want doesn't matter if it is from the defendant or plaintiff and that's just how court and police work. Both sides are guilty of clogging the courtrooms all the way to the office of the president...

TV the addicted are annoying like a moth around flame big shadows little shadows... since I use mine as a big laptop monitor and being HTTP get your monkey mind off of it and go away.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Late 70s and early 80s had some really good horror movies... But Phantasm and that little silverball scared the crap outta me... For the longest time i evaded pinball machines because of the dam silver ball.....

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Scooby Doo.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil
Late 70s and early 80s had some really good horror movies... But Phantasm and that little silverball scared the crap outta me... For the longest time i evaded pinball machines because of the dam silver ball.....

But then there was that 1971 Plymouth Cuda. That was pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Phantasm was great back in early 80s. Was actually just reading about Phantasm and I never new they made Phantasm 5 in 2016 and yes that Plymouth Cuda was badass!

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa
a reply to: alldaylong

Dr Who. Cybermen. Circa 1966 and still ready to hide behind the sofa.

Ah yes, the original version of the Cybermen. The Tenth Planet, Bill Hartnell's final story.

I would only have been 6 when I saw that. Terrifying at that age, of course. The old Uncanny Valley thing of them being human-like but not quite human. They would just open their mouths and a string of electronic words would come out in a strange sing-song style. Bloody hell. Stuff of nightmares.

Watching it back now as a cynical old git, not quite the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Dude… UNSOLVED MYSTERIES

EVEN TO THIS DAY.. still creeps me out. The music, the narrator everything about it is creepy . Even when there is a happy story. It is like nostalgia core or dream core creepy but comforting in a weird way:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Sapphire and Steele!

Existential terrors that can unravel you’re whole being and reality - can trap you forever in a space-time glitch, where ghosts are the casualties of malevolent physics bound to consume and torture.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's a movie but, the lady in white

The lady in white was about a child killer, had creepy settings. This movie hit on a lot of scares.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Tales from the Darkside. The stories weren't great but the opening theme just creeped me out. Night Gallery was scary too with its opening theme and I was a kid then so it was more scary. In Seacrh Of with Leonard Nimoy, that always captivated me.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Love the tv anthology format and was hooked immediately by Night Gallery. Rod Serling was always as good as or better than the material and what I loved best along with those evocative paintings. Was also fond of the Tales From the Crypt ghoul and James Colburn in The Darkroom.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Not so much a TV show but I hope you don't mind me mentioning. This used to scare the crap out of me as a kid if the tv was ever left on and I had fallen asleep before being startled

Bruh!

Why did you have to remind us of that?

I always thought it was creepy too. If I woke up to see that I would instantly switch to ITV/Teletext or turn the TV off.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

After many years of waiting, I finally got Quatermass and the pit on DVD. You are quite right, there is something very disturbing about that story. Its held up well over the years.

Living in the US, as a small kid in the early 60s, the outer limits used to scare the crap out of me.

edit on 28-12-2021 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The Prisoner scared me

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Dark Shadows

This could be its own thread. They still get together every few years J Frid is gone of course but we still have little David and my gosh was Lara Parker just a classic beauty! Angelique Bouchard Collins. Seen em all twice probably over the years.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It’s an interesting read one of the most famous Reddits ever is a guy looking for a scary eighties Nickelodeon cartoon. Anyone know the thread? I always liked the sports with the hippo and cat who cheated always and the Cat Came Back lol Shelly Duvalls Cinderella used to creep me out cuz of the turning to mice scene I don’t know why. So youthful and beautiful Shelly was in it. I’d also cry when the thriller Vincent price voiceover started in the song. But I just had to be taken out of the room when Large Marge told PeeWee her just like this story. Scared me to death. As for the most positive impression from a movie scene the one where Moses meets YHVH in the cave from prince of Egypt. It made me cry even as a staunch atheist and now as a devout Christian it still does.
edit on 12/29/2021 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Does anyone remember Chorltan and the Wheelies? That used to freak me the flip out.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Dang, I loved Unsolved Mysteries when I was a kid! I loved Robert Stack's delivery, it was very... IDK, call it a campfire or sleepover spooky story kind of a feel / shrug

No shows ever really freaked me out, but there were a few accounts in some Rescue: 911 episodes that freaked me TF right out... Still flat refuse to wear long sleeves or loose clothes around stoves to this date. Those burn accident recounts really left an impact.

And as far as movies go, Cube unnerved me quite a bit. That labyrinth of rooms interior made it into a few dreams over the years. In hindsight, this may be an influence on my knack for dreaming up endless bathroom mazes... Not even kidding, just realized that potential.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The TV show V, those reptilians freaked me out.
Unsolved Mysteries

Those are the only ones I remember.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join