It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold! The Pale Horse of Revelation!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Ah, you made me think! Good show!

I went back and looked up what is meant by "the fourth part of the earth." Strangely enough, I don't think I had ever looked into that phrase before. What I found surprised me. "fourth part" is from the word tetartos, which means "fourth" in the sense of an ordinal number (as in the first, the second, the third, the fourth). Tetartos is derived from tessares, which means the number "four." That actually aligns with your interpretation, although it could also mean "one fourth" if one follows the assumption that all parts are equal and the number of parts is four. That is where the concept of fractions originated, after all.

However, "of the earth" is the same phrase used to describe one method the rider uses to kill... "earth" is from the word , which means literally "soil" or "land." This is what Strong's says about (Strong's G1093):

, ghay; contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application):—country, earth(-ly), ground, land, world.
That could be taken as either one fourth of the land, or one fourth of the people, since can also refer to inhabitants of the land.

I did a little checking. The land area of the earth is 148,939,063 km^2, so one fourth of that is 37,234,766 km^2. China's land mass is given as 9,596,961 km^2, so if the rider is going to receive authority over a fourth part of the land mass, China would have to conquer an area almost three times its present size. That actually makes sense to me, since the prophesy in Daniel states it will push west, south, and north.

Overall, though, it doesn't make sense to me that the "fourth part" would refer to the "parts" ordered in Genesis. Many of those "parts" do not refer to the land or soil, but to the planet or even the universe as a whole... the sky ("firmament"; there's another whole thread or two right there), light, the water, etc. Indeed, some refer to the sun, the moon, and the stars, all of which are completely separate astronomical bodies. It also may mean something different than I first assumed: one fourth of the land mass of the earth, rather than one fourth of the population.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Great research! It was just a thought and what you say makes sense.

It is of course all about what John meant when he wrote it and therefore his interpretation of the books before his. That’s something probably impossible to know for sure, particularly since we can’t really be certain how many hands his verses went through before reaches us.

It’s a fascinating subject and thread and I look forward to seeing where it goes

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Honestly I’m not at all religious, though the religious texts and predictions have always interested me, and Revelations does seem to get more and more to the point.

I’m almost certain the antichrist is alive and a very public figure as we speak, getting more to the foreground and less obscure about what he’s really about as time passes.

Is part of the Rotschild bloodline also, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it’s him.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

It is of course all about what John meant when he wrote it and therefore his interpretation of the books before his.

That is certainly true! All prophets relate their visions based on their own internal knowledge... that's why so many are so symbolic. Daniel mentioned that the he goat in his vision didn't touch the ground... that was significant to him, because he had never heard of a weapon or transport that could fly long distances! So the vision came to him based on what he could understand.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Interesting , I never took you for a Bible Prophecy person .

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

People who have faith, really have it, have a passing interest in the subject by default. It doesn't mean we all think that the world will end tomorrow, so we're heading out to sell all we have and sit on some mountain somewhere. Quite the contrary, we continue to live each day and plan for the future as though it will be there. For all we know, it will be.

However, we also know we are enjoined to watch always and be aware that we not be caught unprepared. So most of us know a thing or two about the subject.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

People who have faith, really have it, have a passing interest in the subject by default. It doesn't mean we all think that the world will end tomorrow, so we're heading out to sell all we have and sit on some mountain somewhere. Quite the contrary, we continue to live each day and plan for the future as though it will be there. For all we know, it will be.

However, we also know we are enjoined to watch always and be aware that we not be caught unprepared. So most of us know a thing or two about the subject.

I'm not trying to step on any persons Faith .

I believe in God , I have a personal relationship with God .

But I think the Bible is a tool of Control thrown together during the Roman empire and it proved to be a brilliant tool then and continues to be a brilliant tool to this day . The Bible has been used to persecute , enslave and eradicate countless humans .

Religion is the greatest Evil to ever befall mankind and it will be our doom .

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

There's a difference between religion and the Bible. Go watch The Book of Eli; it kind of encapsulates what I mean. The Bible simply is. It's the message. Man is the vessel through which that message gets poured, and like anything flawed, we taint what we touch.

If you put good water in a tainted vessel and you get tainted water out. It's not the water's fault. It's the vessel. We all of us take the message and do our best to make of it what we can. For those who sincerely believe, it's a tool to better ourselves and a connection to God. But there will always be those who see it as a tool to power over others.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

If you put good water in a tainted vessel and you get tainted water out. It's not the water's fault. It's the vessel. We all of us take the message and do our best to make of it what we can. For those who sincerely believe, it's a tool to better ourselves and a connection to God. But there will always be those who see it as a tool to power over others.
a reply to: ketsuko

Well said

I suppose I see the Bible as illogical and I see God as Logical , So why leave us to our own devices with nothing but the Bible as our life raft.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

My whole concept of the Bible and religion changed when I read this thread back in the good old days of ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The concepts explored in that thread are astonishing!!

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Interesting , I never took you for a Bible Prophecy person .

Actually, I'm a scientist.

That means I study and try to understand the things around me. The more I study and the deeper I dig, the more I realize this Universe is not a roll of the dice. It is a fantastically well-crafted work of art! I often feel like a small child watching fireworks, not knowing or even able to understand how those brilliant colors are lighting up the sky, but glad that they are.

So I have no choice but to believe in a Creator. There are many myths about other Creators than just Jehovah, but Jehovah is the One who I have a personal relationship with as well. I don't believe in God... I know God.

The more I know God, the more I want to know about God. The scientist wants to know how He did all this so perfectly, and the redneck wants to know more about God Himself. So I study the Bible... not the translations, but the original texts, trying to understand. And I have discovered one thing doing that: the illogic you speak of only exists due to man's feeble attempts at translation and religious dogma. If one takes the Bible back to the original books and the original meanings, that illogic disappears and everything becomes clear.

Prophesy is a hobby. I know many do not like prophesy, especially Revelation, because it is pretty scary at times. But I have no reason to fear. My big Brother already kicked the Devil's butt for him and gave me the ability to do it myself with His help. Why should I fear the actions of a defeated foe? I know even churches that look at Revelation as Doomsday, and I always wonder why... why their faith in God is so weak that they think He cannot deliver them from something He has spoken into reality? Do they not think He loves them?

Maybe that's why I have been kicked out of every decent church around here. No matter; God lives in my mountain and since I got down He comes and visits me at the barn.

I also study more than just Biblical prophesy... I consider all prophesy that is claimed to be such. Much of it I throw out immediately; if it contradicts the Bible, it cannot be true. Some I question. A few I believe are divinely inspired and take seriously. I just want to watch the wonders of God's power unfold, and if I know about what is to come, I can watch it better.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My whole concept of the Bible and religion changed when I read this thread back in the good old days of ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The concepts explored in that thread are astonishing!!

Thank you for the Link , that is eye opening .

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Actually, I'm a scientist.

I figured as much , hints my surprise .

And I agree when you look at the Universe with unbiased eyes you can see the Hand writing of God every where , Fold back one layer to reveal more intricate yet perfectly connected layers .

People say " Give me Proof of God " Ok look no further than Mathematics , it is the divine language of God . Our creator left the map for us to follow , so that we may end up on his door step .

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The way I look at it is: science is the search for knowledge; religion (as in faith) is the search for wisdom. Wisdom is not knowledge, and knowledge is not wisdom. I have met many wise people in my life who had no education, and I have met many educated fools as well.

Therefore, science is not incompatible with religion. The two reinforce each other, not contradict each other.

look no further than Mathematics , it is the divine language of God .

I have said many times, God has approximately 2.718 fingers. Everything in nature revolves around the mathematical constant e.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's a modern myth that science and religion are incompatible.

To me, science is how it works while religion is more why it works that way. That's an overly simplified way of describing it, but I can use science to explain the workings of the universe to me all day without really knowing why it all came to be that way and if it has a purpose or meaning - God answers those questions and addresses those needs. Science can't do that part.

So studying science and learning about it all is merely reveling in how great He actually is in the end. There is no need to fear that any of it invalidates anything else.

As to Revelation, again, there is no fear for myself. I fear for others. There are many people I care about a great deal that I fear for. I want to see everyone on the other side of it all.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What if the pale horse rider in Revelations, is referring to a physical man? I know that sounds crazy, however there is some interesting wording in the passages.

A man who wields death....

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

edit on 3-1-2022 by spacedoubt because: Post removed by staff

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join