It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada federal agency admits it secretly tracked 33 million mobile devices during lockdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The Public Health Agency of Canada accessed location data from 33 million mobile devices to monitor people’s movement during lockdown, the agency revealed this week.

This appears to mean every single person with a cell device in the country

And they're just getting started:

The Agency is planning to track population movement for roughly the next five years, including to address other public health issues, such as “other infectious diseases, chronic disease prevention and mental health,” the spokesperson said.
National Post

Canada is building a reputation for spying on its citizens
This time under the guise of PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY

Earlier this year the RCMP was caught illegally using facial tracking software:
Investigation concludes: RCMP's use of A.I. facial recognition technology was illegal

How long until Australia-style federal check-in programs start in Moose Country?

edit on 26-12-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fix

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sure makes me glad to live in the US. I know TPTB would never do that here.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteboyrick

I know that is sarcasm, it’s probably 10 times worse here in the US.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Perhaps they're keeping their eye-out, for the inevitable 33 million devices all converging on Ottawa ?

Surely they're not following what we write online, right ?

Hi guys !! Happy Holidays !!

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ya think this is news to me ? Not only do I believe they are tracking my phone, but during conversations with others about their bumbling mismanagement in my devices vicinity, I'm certain to ask them directly " Did you hear me say that ? "

edit on 26-12-2021 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Moose country? lol is that even a Canadian stereotype

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Oh yeah, totally.
Come on by for moose soup later!

Caution explicit lyrics.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Leave your phone in the seat cushion of a Greyhound, a taxi…maybe tuck it in a toy boat 🚤 and plop it in a river and buy a burner phone

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Leave your phone in the seat cushion of a Greyhound, a taxi…maybe tuck it in a toy boat 🚤 and plop it in a river and buy a burner phone

that is a rather naive view. seriously what good would a burner phone do? do you honestly believe they can't or won't track every burner phone as well?

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Spam
edit on 12/26/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

If you have a chip or a substance that is detectable by your phone. That is in your body then they can determine if you and your phone are in close proximity. And if it is a identifiable substance that any phone can detect. Any time you pass close to a cell phone it can relay your position to them. You were just in the vicinity of route 666 and twilight zone drive.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

edit on Sun Dec 26 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: whiteboyrick

I know that is sarcasm, it’s probably 10 times worse here in the US.

81 million times worse.

We certainly have the good fortune of living in interesting times though.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox
a reply to: BlueJacket

If you have a chip or a substance that is detectable by your phone. That is in your body then they can determine if you and your phone are in close proximity. And if it is a identifiable substance that any phone can detect. Any time you pass close to a cell phone it can relay your position to them. You were just in the vicinity of route 666 and twilight zone drive.

Don't even need your phone anymore. They now have satellites with lasers aimed at your head that read your thoughts as they vibrate off of your skull. And since the doctor that birthed you recorded your brain wave pattern (like a finger print) when you were born and put it in the database they always know where you are and what you are thinking.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The 5 eyes are watching us all.

The virus that laid a Golden Egg...

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Well that's an auspicious number...

And they're signaling how effective their spy campaign was against their own citizens, perhaps they're angling for a seat at the big boys table in the new world order.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

They've been watching our activities via our cell phone cameras, and at-home via our smart TVs, for several years now.

The authorities captured more crooks before they had so much data/info to digest. Remember when they used to proudly proclaim about plots being thwarted?

Now after a mass-murder, or smash-grab at Macy's, we hear "They were known, but somehow slipped through!".

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Big Brouther, eh?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

originally posted by: BlueJacket

that is a rather naive view. seriously what good would a burner phone do? do you honestly believe they can't or won't track every burner phone as well?

It was a joke

new topics

top topics

join