It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surfer Killed In Central Coast Shark Attack In Morro Bay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Not good news on Christmas Eve, evidently the guy was just in his 20's or 30's.

Weird not seeing any tracked sharks off the Cali coast on Shark Tracker, Loads of them off the east coast that's got to be something seasonal

somewhere Anthony Jeselnick is tweeting

edit on 24-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

2nd shark attack I hear about in a week.
Dude on Joe Rogan was talking about his homie getting ripped up by a great white the other day and Survived

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Man may be the boss on land, but there's a word for it when we go in the ocean.

Bait.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

2nd shark attack I hear about in a week.
Dude on Joe Rogan was talking about his homie getting ripped up by a great white the other day and Survived

Yep they do some major damage even when they just do a taste sometimes. Been a shark nut since I was a kid, loved all those books about sharks and attacks.

Spend way too much time on shark tracker, It's weird when you see a spot on a beach you always visit and there is a handful of sharks tracked there. It's like you know there have got to be dozens more that are untracked. Big Sharks yet Florida rarely gets fatal attacks, like extremely rare. And it's not like people aren't in the water in Florida. I still think on the west coast seals and people look the same on the east coast it seems fish and sea turtles etc are top on the menu

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That’s for sure, chum.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
A human on a surf board looks alot like a seal most shark attacks are just a mistake otherwise they would actualy eat them

Tho sometimes it's not

I fear squid far more than sharks a squid will eat a human

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Man may be the boss on land, but there's a word for it when we go in the ocean.

Bait.

Chum

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
A human on a surf board looks alot like a seal most shark attacks are just a mistake otherwise they would actualy eat them

Tho sometimes it's not

I fear squid far more than sharks a squid will eat a human

Ive heard that the only thing is the average beachgoer isn't exposed to them but yea

Humboldt squid are notorious for their aggression. In Mexico, they are known as diablo rojo (Spanish for 'red devil'): Local fishermen's tales claim that people who fell into the waters were devoured within minutes by packs of squid. Wildlife filmmaker Scott Cassell made the documentary "Humboldt: The Man-eating Squid" for the Dangerous Waters series of the Discovery Channel.[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Trouble is brewing on the east coast because the seal populations are booming there. Seals used to be rare because they were overhunted, but since they have been protected, they are recovering and whites are becoming increasingly popular.

Protect sharks, protect seals, and you see them both returning. It's a good thing, but I can expect that you will see more shark/human interactions as a result.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Humboldt are some nasty critters, but they are also very tasty.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

See this is exactly why Randy's happy ass stay out the ocean.

We don't even know everything that's down there.

F@#$ that! Park me on the pier on a rock in the sand.

Not in the water where monsters are looking to eat me.

I don't care if your cloths are off on or if your panties are
on your head.

I'm out!

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Trouble is brewing on the east coast because the seal populations are booming there. Seals used to be rare because they were overhunted, but since they have been protected, they are recovering and whites are becoming increasingly popular.

Protect sharks, protect seals, and you see them both returning. It's a good thing, but I can expect that you will see more shark/human interactions as a result.

It seems that way in my complete novice view, and yes it is a good thing. Means the fish are plentiful and that wasn't always the case. But yes Ive been watching seems they track more Whites and Tigers into the GOM now too. There has got to be more breeding areas on the east coast like there are for the pacific.

The timing of those 2 breeding grounds means potentially a lot of those sharks that were pups back in 2014-2016 are now reaching maturity at least the males are.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

new topics

top topics

join