It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA signs up British priest to prepare for alien life...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
not to mention how babylon 5 ended ... by an virus attack
Ore the series V
a reply to: Gothmog

edit on 25-12-2021 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

what sense is there for a God but build an entire Universe just to use one tiny piece of it for one island of creation

That question is answered in the Bible itself .

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Let's hope the priest is not into little aliens.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

To deliver last rights to the unvaxxed. Alien infection incoming?

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Many years ago I wrote to the Pope (email) and asked him many hard questions..
One of which was why the Church was of the stance that Earth was the only planet with life…
I pointed out several areas in the Bible which point to that being untrue…
I ended with a quote from Jesus “I go now to sheep not of this fold”

Some of my other questions were a bit more harsh although I meant no disrespect I could see how the could have been taken the wrong way… One of which was along the line of “what was it like being a Nazi?”

Most were questions and my view on problems in and for the church…
One was very specific on materials and tech that should be implemented in telescopes…

Although I did not receive a direct response it was only days later the Vatican made a public statement on aliens the first of which I ever seen…

Not long after the Pope abdicated
edit on 26-12-2021 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Living and developing in space or different conditions or habitable zoning is the same thing we call extremophiles a fish is a fish is a fish but there is a very large difference in those close to sea level and those that are about as close to the bottom as a bottom can be...

Sort of like what Neil referred to as "fireflies" in space if the space station decided to go "dark" we'd probably very quickly see what he was talking about once they forgot the station was there. Same as the ocean critters(thanks SpongeBob) do when the submersible cameras go dark and are forgotten about the lightshow they produce then turns back on.

Of course thinking of fish the biggest one in the pond typically like everything quiet and out of annoyance STRIKE! So here we are; a ball of screaming hairless monkeys flying through space f-ing and fighting everything in our paths... Sounds like YUM to me as far as big angry fish go how about you?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Vatican maintains a large telescope in the Mountains of Arizona. What do you think they are looking for?

There is a conspiracy surrounding the facility. I think the Vatican knows something...

mindrightdetroit.com...

exemplore.com...

edit on 27-12-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
And what the priest is going to do? soak the allies with holy water and declared them clean to interact with the humans of earth.

Actually its brilliant revenge.

Its been known for decades that Aliens have been A-nal probing humans for years so its only appropriate that we return the favor and send them a priest.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
They'd better and they'd better tell the people to not be scared and remember to ask them if they know Jesus Christ

Interesting….

….”remember to ask them if they know Jesus Christ”……

Hypothetically it’s possible for some, not all, aliens to be demons in disguise…whether physically and or spiritually.

I would think that within the first questions to an sentient Alien species would be, do they know who Jesus Christ is, do they know of Jesus Christ, have they ever heard of Jesus Christ….etc….

Just to hopefully get an answer either way while observing their reactions whether facial, bodily or both.

Demons, when confronted with the name of Jesus Christ, mentalized and or verbalized, would tend to react in a fearful way. They don’t embrace it with joy. This is my personal understanding being raised in the Catholic faith.

As just about all of us can agree, the Bible is a book of books of chapters, verses to teach from and to learn from. Anyone can cherry pick whatever they will, in order to add prayer, contemplation, and answers for everyday living.

The use of the name Jesus Christ has immense power over demons, many of examples are in the Bible.

Below is a flow of verses, I cherry picked to reaffirm to me, that the name of Jesus Christ is powerful and should be used to confront possible demons…..or, for the purposes of confronting aliens you do not have the warm and fuzzy for upon meeting them. At least mention his name in times of the initial Q&A. I suspect there are alien races that may not know what religion even is in general. The Atheist Aliens.

Here are the verses:

The power of Jesus Christ himself over a Demon
Mark 1:21-27

21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!” 25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek. 27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.”

Establishing the power of the name Jesus Christ
Philippians 2:8-11

8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus Christ’s distribution of the power of his name
Matthew 10:1

And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.

Non-believers in Jesus Christ futile attempt to use his name in ridding the Demon of the possessed
Acts 19:13-16

13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

Jesus goes beyond the twelve Apostles, to give authority to those to use his name
Mark 16:17

And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

Luke 10:1, 17

1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!”

Believe in Jesus Christ and test for possible Malevolency
1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

The faith and strength within one not to fear
James 2:19

You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

The above speaks to, not to have fear, whether it’s malevolent Demons, Spirits, even Aliens in my opinion.

Agreeing or disagreeing is a personal decision.

For me, my faith is my Faith in using the name of Jesus Christ when I need to ….no matter what.

👽✝️

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
People trying to demonize ET's...based on race and/or ethnicity???

Seriously....those people definitely need therapy in Anger Management.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I see the theological aspects of the questions around life outside earth as perhaps being a little arrogant, when it comes to the question of whether or not those lifeforms, if they are sentient and complex like us, recognise God or Jesus!

All major religions, especially the Abrahamic ones, are edited and rehashed to act as control mechanisms for the subjugation of the adherents. The much older belief systems that preceded them all seem to be based on a much deeper understanding of the universe and life in general. In other words, ancient people were much more spiritual than we are today and had a much better understanding of the world, and indeed the universe, around them, something more modern religions shun and actively discourage.

The whole issue of demons seems to have been developed by the church to apply to that which they do not understand, or which goes against their teachings and is therefore used to discourage learning of what ancient peoples may have understood about the world we live in and possible other realms outside of our everyday consciousness.
Coming from a family who mostly are devout Christian, I have always had a hard time understanding their simplistic attitude to, for example, good and evil. If it's something they believe in it's God working through you but if it's something they perceive as bad then that's the Devil guiding you, no self determination exists!

Thankfully I have a very open mind and shun organised religion like the plague. As such I would welcome contact with other beings, whether they be from another planet or dimension, and their acceptance (or not) of God and Jesus are irrelevant...... as long as they don't want to eat my brain or enslave humanity as cattle!

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If aliens from an advanced race show up, it won't just be the ultra religious that will have a crisis of faith. Science may very well find itself in a crisis of faith. After all if they are far more advanced than us and possibly far more intelligent, their science may very well beyond humanities ability to grasp. We may find ourselves not really intelligent enough to comprehend the mysteries of the universe. Then we will suddenly be without a rudder, standing in the face of godlike beings.

At the same time after people freak out for a little while, they will adapt, as they have done since the beginning and will have to do so until the end.
edit on 3-1-2022 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

edit on 3-1-2022 by themessengernevermatters because: correction

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
During New Years I had the opportunity to binge on the annual SYFY marathon of Twilight Zone episodes. They presented a rarely ever shown episode from season 3 episode 32 titled “The Gift” 1962

You know how there are some episodes of series rarely shown because of controversy when the episode is originally shown….like the interracial kiss of Star Trek’s Captain Kirk and Lt. Uhura? Well for the release of this TZ episode The Gift….it to was controversial and rare in its showing.

Why, because it presents Extraterrestrials and God and Jesus and the Devil, Satan (as an accusation by the villagers) within the story.

If anyone has a means of locating and watching The Gift…I highly recommend it!

….”Storyline
The residents of a small Mexican village, just 40 miles or so south of the Rio Grande, panic when they learn a being from another planet may have crashed near by. As the result of an altercation with local police, one policeman is dead and the alien is severely wounded. A young boy, Pedro, quickly forms a friendship with the alien who says he has come in peace. He also says he has a gift for the people of the Earth, but the villagers' fear means that mankind will never benefit from the alien's generosity.”…… Source: www.imdb.com...

I could not find the actual script online, however, I’ve located a transcription someone has done…..below is some excerpts I extracted from the dialogue:

Source: transcripts.thedealr.net...

(the setting is a village in Mexico)

Except 1

You must be tired, Pedro.
It doesn't matter, senor.
I can sleep anytime. Now you must sleep.
You have a poet, Pedro. I read him. Robert burns.
He said, "the best-laid schemes o' mice and men gang aft a-gley."
Like my plans.
I came here to give, and all I've done is to take.
Your bed, your room.
Even my clothes. I stole them.
I've often wondered why it is that men fear the unknown.
Like children, they're afraid of the dark.
The only person I've met who isn't afraid of the dark, is a child.
Because I am an odd one.
We are both odd ones, Mr. Williams.
You come from a long way off, don't you?
From the stars?
From beyond the stars, Pedro.
For a reason?
For many reasons.
And this thing you've given me.
Just a gift. A gesture, really.
A small gift to show them that I came as a visitor, not an invader.
I must get back to my ship, Pedro.
See if I can repair it.
And then I must leave.
For good, senor? For good and all?
Oh, no, Pedro, there's no such thing as "for good and all."
There is only forever.
I will come back sometime.
Or others like me.
Where you're from, is there a god?

The same god, Pedro.

I wonder.
If god were to come to earth, would they find him so strange that they would be afraid, and would they shoot him?
Did not his son come once, Pedro?
And they nailed him to a cross.
And then spent 2,000 years learning to believe in him.
All things take time, Pedro.
Soon, Pedro, soon, your people will no longer be afraid of me.
They will not be afraid, and then, then I can show them the gift.

Excerpt 2

You're under arrest, senor!
You will come with us. The charge is murder.
Death was an accident.

I come in peace.

You will put up your hands and walk toward me.
Tengo miedo, Jose.
Mr. Williams! Mr. Williams!
Pedro, the gift. Show them the gift.
Give it to the doctor. He will explain it to them.

(the Villagers)
Destroy it.
Burn it! Burn it!
It is the devil's work.
Destroy it!
It's the devil's work! Burn it! Burn it!

(Mr. Williams (the extraterrestrial))
Why did you do it?
Why?

Excerpt 3
What was it, doctor?
Black magic. Something from Satan.
Read it.

"greetings to the people of earth.
"we come as friends, and in peace.
"we bring you this gift.
"the following chemical formula is a vaccine.
It's a vaccine against all forms of cancer."

(The village doctor)
That's all there is. The rest has been burned.
So we have not just killed a man. (Mr. Williams)
We've killed a dream.

Epilogue
Rod Serling
Madeiro, Mexico. The present.
The subject: Fear.
The cure: A little more faith.

An awesome episode for me …..

👽🛸

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Never