It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everybody going crazy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Lately I found myself listening to a music band I completely forgot it even existed in the first place. The are known worldwide as Simple plan if you can remember. I didn't think much of these guys back then when I was so young and naive. I acknowledged their skills to deliver catchy pop music for sure and that somehow resonated with what I was going through at that time but that's mostly it.
However, now that I've grown up and had the chance to listen to their lyrics with much more experience and perspective about what life truly is, the truth is these guys were clearly ahead of their time. I didn't expect the words behind their songs to be so powerful... at least for one song called
''Crazy''
It took me by surprise just how meaningful the lyrics behind it are, so much that I've been listening to it over and over for the last few weeks to a point where It became obvious the potential it had for a Youtube video.

So before I present to you the editing I made with that specific song, I suggest you take a look and read the full lyrics... then experience my true vision of the meaning of ''Simple Plan - Crazy''

Tell me what's wrong with society
When everywhere I look I see
Young girls dying to be on TV
Won't stop 'til they've reached their dreams
Diet pills, surgery
Photoshopped pictures in magazines
Telling them how they should be
It doesn't make sense to me
Is anybody gonna save me?
Can anybody tell me what's going on?
Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes
You'll see that something is wrong
I guess things are not how they used to be
There's no more normal families
Parents act like enemies
Making kids feel like it's World War III
No one cares, no one's there
I guess we're all just too damn busy
And money's our first priority
It doesn't make sense to me
Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes
Tell me what's wrong with society
When everywhere I look I see
Rich guys driving big SUVs
While kids are starving in the streets
No one cares
No one likes to share
I guess life's unfair
Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes
You'll see that something
Something is wrong
Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I am sure that we are living through a mass psychosis event. The ones that took the shot know they're in an experiment and want to force the others to jump off that bridge as well. After a year and a half of governments following Bilderman's chart of coercion the individual has been depleted to a group think. We need to get back to our American roots in order to get past this. First step is moving on from this virus and enacting the Nuremberg code to its utmost potential. Make an example of these tyrants so they shall never have the balls to do this ever again.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From my reading of those lyrics I gather that it lays out two points. One is that the world seems crazy and all we have to do to see this is to open our eyes. This I think is a good idea, that we need to recognize it, that this world is not on a sustainable course.

But the second point of the lyrics to me is a problem. The composer, and I know that this is though musical necessity, repeats over and over the lyric '' Can anybody tell me what's going on'' and then the kicker, '' is any body gonna save me''

Opening our eyes is good but asking ''anybody'' to explain it can also be a seriously flawed approach to interpreting it especially when coupled with a plea for someone to ''save me''. Put those two together and we have, the person who will tell one what is going on Simply leads to that very same person being accepted as the one who will save us.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration

I am sure that we are living through a mass psychosis event. The ones that took the shot know they're in an experiment and want to force the others to jump off that bridge as well. After a year and a half of governments following Bilderman's chart of coercion the individual has been depleted to a group think. We need to get back to our American roots in order to get past this. First step is moving on from this virus and enacting the Nuremberg code to its utmost potential. Make an example of these tyrants so they shall never have the balls to do this ever again.

Well, you're right.
But if you watched the clip I put together (which is not polished at all due to lack of time) I hope it's pretty much obvious the kind of sh-t we are in. If we want to get back to our roots like you say, then we have to understand why we lost it in the first place.

The reason I shared this song and video with you guys is because I think it makes a strong statement about just how crazy and wrong the world truly is. So you say first step is to push forward the Nuremberg code and fight these tyrants. The thing is though, humans have made war against each other for thousand of years and until we realize that we have so much more to gain in unity instead of division, then nothing will ever change. The key is to awaken to the truth that we are a big family. The Nuremberg code or whatever means nothing if we can't even grasp this simple fact.

P.S I know the way I put it probably doesn't make sense at all to you guys

edit on 24-12-2021 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I agree the lyrics pretty much lays it out on the table.

The problems with the masses. The problems with the society and the establishment. And for the kicker, how we got here in the first place.

Waiting for someone to tell us what is wrong, what to think, what to believe, what to do, and waiting for someone to save us.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration

The end is in +/- 2033.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
From my reading of those lyrics I gather that it lays out two points. One is that the world seems crazy and all we have to do to see this is to open our eyes. This I think is a good idea, that we need to recognize it, that this world is not on a sustainable course.

But the second point of the lyrics to me is a problem. The composer, and I know that this is though musical necessity, repeats over and over the lyric '' Can anybody tell me what's going on'' and then the kicker, '' is any body gonna save me''

Opening our eyes is good but asking ''anybody'' to explain it can also be a seriously flawed approach to interpreting it especially when coupled with a plea for someone to ''save me''. Put those two together and we have, the person who will tell one what is going on Simply leads to that very same person being accepted as the one who will save us.

To be fair, the only part of the song I didn't like at first was the ''save me'' part.

However, after further consideration I kinda get what is he trying to say. It's a cry for help.
He awakened to the wickedness of this world and he is overwhelmed by it. He just wonders if anybody will come and help (Save) him from his suffering. But of course, nobody can save us from this madness. This is something we have to do by ourselves. Still, I guess he is just trying to show how vulnerable we are in the end.
edit on 24-12-2021 by St0rD because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I liked the edit..SandF... But I can't dwell on how f+++++ up it is. I just take it one day at a time, otherwise I would be crazier than I already am. Blessed to still be here actually....

edit on 24-12-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks m8.

Consider yourself lucky, I had to make this video in a hurry in a very short window in order to make sure it would at least be put out there. If I had more time to fit my original vision, it would have been 10x more impactful and disturbing but I think it still deliver the message I intended.

Anyway, I feel you. If there is one good thing Covid brought into my life is the realization of the importance of taking it one day at a time, no matter the circumstances. Have faith and trust in the good will of life, if there is such thing.
Like you said, the fact we breathe and are alive is a miracle by itself. So we have to show gratitude to this simple fact at the bare minimum. How many people would like to have the chance to be alive again? We have to honor those who are lost and understand the tremendous chance and opportunity we have to be in this world as of now... and make the most out of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In the olden days before the industrial revolution a man (or woman) was required to produce enough using his own knowledge and ability and manpower to sustain himself.
Being wrong, being crazy, being mistaken or lying was often fatal. It was a true survival of the fittest situation.

No more. We have arrived at an age where the majority of the population is not required to be productive. For example, there are supposed to be 330 million people in the US but the workforce is only 160 million. And many of those that are included in the workforce are not actually producing anything. They are marketers. Healthcare. Insurance salesmen, Administrators. Human Resources. Politicians. Etc.

Human productivity has advanced so far that poor people on welfare who do not work have a roof over their heads, food, electricity, Television, internet, thousand dollar iPhones, and free healthcare. And it is a right established by legislative entitlement.

No longer is being crazy or lazy, or wrong or a liar a death sentence, in fact, these qualities are often a lottery ticket to a life of ease.

One should not be surprised at the masses of crazy in our midst . . . we promote crazy . . . expecting anything else is, well, . . . you know . . . crazy

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In the olden days before the industrial revolution a man (or woman) was required to produce enough using his own knowledge and ability and manpower to sustain himself.
Being wrong, being crazy, being mistaken or lying was often fatal. It was a true survival of the fittest situation.

No more. We have arrived at an age where the majority of the population is not required to be productive. For example, there are supposed to be 330 million people in the US but the workforce is only 160 million. And many of those that are included in the workforce are not actually producing anything. They are marketers. Healthcare. Insurance salesmen, Administrators. Human Resources. Politicians. Etc.

Human productivity has advanced so far that poor people on welfare who do not work have a roof over their heads, food, electricity, Television, internet, thousand dollar iPhones, and free healthcare. And it is a right established by legislative entitlement.

No longer is being crazy or lazy, or wrong or a liar a death sentence, in fact, these qualities are often a lottery ticket to a life of ease.

One should not be surprised at the masses of crazy in our midst . . . we promote crazy . . . expecting anything else is, well, . . . you know . . . crazy

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I just got through watching the video...those lyrics are powerful. If I had my way there would not be any war, no violence, no destruction. there would be peace and harmony...but unfortunately some people like war etc. I just wish there wasn't destruction....money, power and greed....what about true love and friendship.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   

SnF

Your guys may have been ahead of their time but they weren't ahead
Styx at least in this lyrical theme.

I know years apart.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Before Jesus said render unto Caesar that which is his; money.
Aristotle created the concept of money, making a way for Caesar to ascend roman throne. Affluenza is a disease.
If Aristotle had advised to only trade with trustworthy individuals, we'd be living life on the other end of the spectrum; successful policies geared toward human understanding and everyone is equal... every day is holy in God's light.

Since Aristotle is so celebrated, we're at the mercy of untrustworthy trading partners who value money more than healthy human relationships.

🙏❤

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

If it'd be survival of the fittest the crazy strain would have been bred out by now and not as you seem to think multiplied.
You contradict yourself.

But what would one expect of someone who gets nostalgic when thinking about pre industrial revolution era?
The golden days when only 3% knew how to read, children had jobs as soon as they could crawl and die before they reached the ripe age of 35.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   

It just seems very superficial. To me. Good for you if they tell you something on a before unknown insight level.
I just don't see it. But I am not 15 sooo...

mental age

edit on 26-12-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

And money's our first priority

Like it is for Madonna:

The Pursuit of Material Prosperity (Awake!—1994)

BY AWAKE! CORRESPONDENT IN TAIWAN

‘MONEY can’t buy happiness!’ Even though most people more or less agree with that statement, many of them are still relentlessly pursuing material riches as a way to a happier life. And why not? After all, it seems that the solution to so many of mankind’s problems lies in material success and prosperity.

Since material prosperity could seemingly solve so many of our problems and alleviate so much suffering, it is no wonder that people have long associated wealth with happiness. For example, whereas Westerners customarily greet one another with a “Happy New Year!” on New Year’s Day, the Chinese, during the lunar New Year, traditionally say “Kung hsi fa tsai” to one another, wishing that they will ‘strike it rich!’ Yes, there is no denying that we live in a world in which people give the pursuit of material prosperity a very high, if not the highest, priority. Success or failure is often measured with a material yardstick.

While the acquisition and enjoyment of material things is not necessarily wrong in itself, can it guarantee happiness? How much importance should be attached to it? Is material prosperity really the key to a better world?

Can Material Prosperity Guarantee Happiness? (Awake!—1994)

Indeed, evidence of prosperity is seen everywhere in Taiwan. From the ultramodern high-​rise office complexes that have mushroomed up across the island to the highways crowded with expensive imported automobiles, the material prosperity of Taiwan is the envy of other developing nations. The China Post, Taiwan’s leading English-​language newspaper, boasts that today “the people of Taiwan enjoy the highest living standard in Chinese history.”

‘Multitude of Thorny Problems’

Has all this material prosperity brought the people true happiness and satisfaction? While there is no doubt much that the people of Taiwan are proud of, there is another side to this success story. China Post goes on to point out: “With this high degree of affluence have come a multitude of complicated and thorny problems.” Taiwan’s material prosperity has not come without a price.

Regarding the “complicated and thorny problems” that are besetting this once relatively crime-​free island, China Post observes: “In recent years crime and disorder have increased alarmingly in our affluent society, posing a growing threat to the lives and property of all law-​abiding citizens.” In an article entitled “Wealth Makes Taiwan a Land of Lust,” the Post decries the problems of burgeoning “girlie restaurants and bars” and of illegal houses of prostitution operating under the guise of barbershops. Extortion and kidnapping with the intent to collect a ransom have become another problem. One report speaks of the kidnapping of children as “Taiwan’s new boom industry.” Many resort to such crimes as a means to pay off gambling debts or other financial losses.

Root of the Problem

Various explanations have been offered in an effort to determine the reason for the deterioration of social order in the midst of a prosperous society. Some people, being rather philosophical, say that it is just the price of success. But putting the blame on success or prosperity is like blaming food for gluttony. Not all who eat are gluttons, nor is everyone who is prosperous materialistic or a criminal. No, material prosperity does not in itself cause crime and social disorder.

An editorial in the China Post pointed to a major contributing factor. It said: “We have, over the decades, laid too great an emphasis on material development. This is responsible for the decline of moral and spiritual values in our society today.” (Italics ours.) Yes, overemphasizing the pursuit of material things leads to a spirit of materialism and greed. It promotes self-​centeredness. It is just such a spirit that leads to family breakdown and a proliferation of social ills. What the Bible said 2,000 years ago is still true: “The love of money [not money itself] is a root of all sorts of injurious things.”​—1 Timothy 6:10.

A Worldwide Problem

In search of peace and quiet​—and safety—​thousands have emigrated from Taiwan to other countries. But the problems Taiwan is experiencing are not unique to Taiwan. They are rampant worldwide.

Some years ago a study showed that the wealthiest county in California, U.S.A., had the highest divorce rate in the country. About 90 percent of all real-​estate transactions in some areas of the county were the result of broken marriages. Twice as many suicides as the national average were reported. The rate of alcoholism was one of the highest in the country, and there were said to be more psychiatrists and other mental therapists in the county per capita than anywhere else in the United States.

Jesus Christ pointed out a fundamental truth when he said: “Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth.” (Matthew 4:4) Material possessions, no matter how abundant, cannot satisfy a person’s every need, nor can they guarantee happiness. On the contrary, it is often as a Chinese saying puts it: “When one is well fed and warm, one’s thoughts turn to excesses and fleshly desires.” This is demonstrated by what is taking place in Taiwan and elsewhere​—material prosperity alone often turns out to be the prelude to moral and social decay and its attendant problems.

What, then, is needed so that material prosperity can be a part of real and lasting happiness? For an answer, please read the following article.

Happiness—Guaranteed! (Awake!—1994)

“HAPPY are those conscious of their spiritual need,” said Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:3) Contrary to conventional wisdom, Jesus pointed to the fulfilling of one’s spiritual need rather than the satisfying of material desires as the one essential ingredient for success in the pursuit of happiness. Those words of Jesus, if followed, amount to a guarantee of happiness.

Being conscious of one’s spiritual need, however, means more than simply being aware that such exists. More often than not, a need unfulfilled is a source of anxiety and resentment rather than of happiness. The Bible proverb puts it this way: “Expectation postponed is making the heart sick.” (Proverbs 13:12) Thus, happiness blossoms as one takes steps to identify and then to satisfy one’s spiritual need. How can this be done?

This is where the Bible comes in. Why? Because it alone can provide answers to questions that many have long contemplated without finding satisfying answers. For example, have you ever wondered, ‘What is the purpose of life? Why is man on the earth? What does the future hold?’ Besides providing satisfying answers to these and many other questions, the Bible also supplies guidance for living that has helped millions to cope with the complex problems that confront all of us today and that often impede our search for happiness. “[God’s] word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway,” says the psalmist. (Psalm 119:105) Yes, the Bible is a sure guide that can help you succeed in the pursuit of happiness. Consider these two real-​life examples.

What Is the Purpose of Life? (2008)
edit on 26-12-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join