It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Round 2 with Covid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As some may know, I contracted covid earlier this year, here is the thread on it -
So it finally happened, I got covid

As of tonight I'm convinced I just dealt with 2 days of omicron.

For the last 2 days, my sinuses have been filling up like puddles, and I have been blowing out a lot of the nasty dark yellow/green snot, you know, the indication my body is fighting an infection. I chalked it up to either a sinus infection (which I occasionally get very mildly), or abscess tooth (something I also rarely experience, I fear the dentist). Today made me thing it might actually be the new variant.

My co-worker was telling me he has a sore throat and thinks he might have strep (he's kinda a hypochondriac) so I said it's really unlikely to be strep. We talk a minute, then find out his girlfriend called out the other day with a cold. I asked him what they have been experiencing, and same as me, but they have sore throats and she has a fever.

Omicron is the only thing that makes sense to me, I definitely had some sort of infection, the snot color is an indication my white blood cells were doing something. With my sinus infections, I feel heavy pressure in my eyes, none this time. With my abscess tooth infections, obviously I feel extreme pain in that tooth. None of that, at all. I just had a mild infection of some sort, which makes complete sense to be omicron, as my body only partially recognized the mutated virus, so goes into overdrive, but also immediately knows how to eliminate the threat.

If I did indeed have the new variant, everyone needs to catch this head-cold and be done with it!

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Ether way get to a Dentist Vector99.

They are a lot better in this day of age than they were in the past.

You don't even really feel the injections any longer and if its the drilling noise that puts you off rather a few will provide you with headphones and soothing music.

I don't like going to the dentist but you need to get over that fear because oral health is very important down to the fact that bad teeth and gum disease can lead to the likes of increased risk of developing heart disease and other illnesses.

edit on 24-12-2021 by andy06shake because: drilling nose. LoL

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I know......

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of 1990s sarcasm. The thread reads like this:
Something something blah blah blah.

You probably just have a cold who gives a #

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Thanks for the input!

Glad you are annoyed!

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Why does every sniffle and cough have to be COVID 19 nowadays?
If you've already had it then I doubt you have it again,unless you trust the PCR or even worse the lateral flow nonsense.
Keep playing your oppressors game though.
I swear people have gone stark raving bonkers.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I haven't had a sniffle or sneeze I couldn't account to something in about 2 decades, so I kinda know my body.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I've been sick with sinus issues since Sunday (although I'm 99% certain it was from breathing in dusty air from vacuuming with a dirty vacuum), but I went in to work yesterday and half the people in the office were coughing, sneezing, and blowing their noses. My friend is also currently slightly sick.
Something is going around.
edit on 12/24/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Exactly, I'd say it's just a cold but I haven't had one of those since highschool.

Flu in 2009 (1st time getting flu shot - h1n1)
Covid in 2021

Pretty sure this is the new covid, and it's a case of 2 days of sinus congestion.

This is good

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

edit on 12/24/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
As some may know, I contracted covid earlier this year, here is the thread on it -
So it finally happened, I got covid

As of tonight I'm convinced I just dealt with 2 days of omicron.

For the last 2 days, my sinuses have been filling up like puddles, and I have been blowing out a lot of the nasty dark yellow/green snot, you know, the indication my body is fighting an infection. I chalked it up to either a sinus infection (which I occasionally get very mildly), or abscess tooth (something I also rarely experience, I fear the dentist). Today made me thing it might actually be the new variant.

My co-worker was telling me he has a sore throat and thinks he might have strep (he's kinda a hypochondriac) so I said it's really unlikely to be strep. We talk a minute, then find out his girlfriend called out the other day with a cold. I asked him what they have been experiencing, and same as me, but they have sore throats and she has a fever.

Omicron is the only thing that makes sense to me, I definitely had some sort of infection, the snot color is an indication my white blood cells were doing something. With my sinus infections, I feel heavy pressure in my eyes, none this time. With my abscess tooth infections, obviously I feel extreme pain in that tooth. None of that, at all. I just had a mild infection of some sort, which makes complete sense to be omicron, as my body only partially recognized the mutated virus, so goes into overdrive, but also immediately knows how to eliminate the threat.

If I did indeed have the new variant, everyone needs to catch this head-cold and be done with it!

Dude go to the dentist, dental infections can be lethal it can spread to your brain if really severe, and even if it isn't it drains and taxes your immune system making you much susceptible to COVID and anything else.

I had 2 teeth extracted about a month ago, Im was not vaccinated and all it was were a couple of pokes with a needle and a little pressure. But yea you are gonna likely need I round of antibiotics delaying this only makes it worse

cchcp.org...

The abscess is treated with antibiotics. If they aren’t reducing the infection, surgery will be required. Surgery is the final solution. It is performed only if your brain is threatened with severe swelling that could rupture inside your brain.

If you have heart issues combined with bad dental you are the prime candidate for a brain abscess. Be sure to have regular check-ups with your doctor to prevent such a serious medical issue.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I had a sinus infection for a week 2 weeks ago, very annoying, that went away, was fine for 3 days, now ive been laid up for 4 days with swollen and painful throat lymph nodes, lost my voice for a day, and headache and low grade fever every morning.
Went to the doc and he gave me doxycyclene, voice is back, throat doesnt hurt after i take ibuprofen to lessen the lymph node swelling.

Ugh so frustrating.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Not to be too graphic, but if you are seeing yellow-green snot, this sounds a lot more like a bacterial infection than a viral infection.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I woke up with the same symptoms today. My daughter is on day 4. She has to rapid test every day to work. She's been negative every day. The flu burned through my work and kids a couple months ago too. There's a lot of stuff going around. This the season.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Both my wife and I woke up with a sore throat and congestion. Is it omi? I don't know and I'm not interested in going for tests on Christmas eve. And my wife had already caused me to use up all of my reagents to do a test at home. It's the time of year for us to have colds anyway. We'll just suffer through our mild upper respiratory infections for a few days.
edit on 24 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Ether way get to a Dentist Vector99.

They are a lot better in this day of age than they were in the past.

You don't even really feel the injections any longer and if its the drilling noise that puts you off rather a few will provide you with headphones and soothing music.

I don't like going to the dentist but you need to get over that fear because oral health is very important down to the fact that bad teeth and gum disease can lead to the likes of increased risk of developing heart disease and other illnesses.

Yes i agree, should go to the dentist, BUT.

Its risky, got a wisdom tooth pulled a couple of months ago, and ever since i have been spitting out pieces of bone, just today a huge one popped out right next to where the tooth was, at first they were pieces of the roots, coming from the hole the tooth left, they broke them during the removal, then they started coming out on the sides from my gums, and they are shaped like plates, so the dentist broke the entire area around the tooth, Been collecting them in a small container, going to show him how much of my skull he broke.
edit on 24-12-2021 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have C-19 from the symptoms I experienced is not that bad, I believe I also cached it last year, This time was in and out a lot faster, I felt bad for 2 days straight, dry coughing, shivers but no fever, body aches, specially my back and my nuts
my upper eyelids feel sore (like if you blinked non stop 200 times fast) experienced some photophobia, I also felt weakness for around 2 days, by the third day I started to sweat a lot in my bed at night (Again no fever) but started to feel better, today is my 4th day, the dry cough is almost gone, the body aches and shivers are gone, the tiredness is gone, but so far it looks like its going away.

Because of my work I make sure that I take supplements to fight off any infection, Vitamin C, D, Cal/Mag/Zinc, Turmeric/Curcumin, Omega oils, B complex, multivitamins and Q10 it seems that it made a difference because all my family got it, I was the last one to get it and the first one to come out of it.

My family is double shot, and they coerced me to get at least 1 (I should not have taken it, noticed an increase in the ringing in my ears) but happy to report that I am almost back to normal again.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Not to be too graphic, but if you are seeing yellow-green snot, this sounds a lot more like a bacterial infection than a viral infection.

No, that's incorrect. The yellow/green phlegm is a sign of INFECTION, not the type of infection.

Greenish-gray or yellowish nasal mucus — your health care provider might call it purulent nasal discharge — isn’t a sure sign of a bacterial infection, although that is a common myth — even in the medical world. Both viral and bacterial upper respiratory infections can cause similar changes to the type and coloration of nasal mucus.

link

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Whatever we had was very short lived as we are both already over our sore throats and congestion. We took some oil of oregano. I don't know if it helped with our illness or not. I am thinking about making a thread on oil of oregano one day.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
Whatever we had was very short lived as we are both already over our sore throats and congestion. We took some oil of oregano. I don't know if it helped with our illness or not. I am thinking about making a thread on oil of oregano one day.

Another strange combination I've heard of (never tried though) is milk and benadryl. Apparently the combination of the two is an effective anti-viral cocktail.

<<   2 >>

join