It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid cases in Japan keep plummeting and no one knows exactly why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Where have you seen this?

Here is a web search with many links.

page of search results
edit on 22 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

The only thing I have been seeing is the opposite and part of the reason Africa is doing so well with Omicron even lightly vaxxed as they are.

They are doing so well because omicron is much milder. That is also all over the news now. I've read two studies already that say omicron is not so good at infecting the lungs.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
Two studies released in the last couple of days (South Africa, Scotland) show that the Omicron variant seems to be a lot less deadly than previous variants:

www.medrxiv.org...

www.research.ed.ac.uk...

This probably has something to do with it, but might not be the full story.

Good news.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Interesting. Though the general trend has been to downplay previous infection heavily, they do seem to be showing more recurrences than with prior variants as well as with fully vaxxed. I had only only seen an NPR article saying something about it (Omicron) being more mild in S. Africa specifically than even in other in other parts of the world likely due to having stronger immunity from already getting it. We'll see long term.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I've seen those studies and some others saying basically the same thing. I think it was about 3 weeks ago when I started saying on here that it looked like omicron was a lot less deadly to me. What's going on in Japan is not just mild cases. They are no longer having all that many cases to begin with. Perhaps you are right, and the simplest explanation could be that they are having a lot of cases, like everywhere else, but no one is feeling like they need to go to the doctor.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

They keep hyping how transmissible it is and try to downplay how mild it has become. I personally no longer believe everyone needs to be vaccinated. Even if we are all vaxxed, we are going to catch and spread it. So many studies have shown that omicron is basically a highly infectious common cold. I've read two studies that show it no longer infects the lungs so well. I'll dig the links up later and post them in this thread. I am no longer going to advise people to get vaccinated unless they have a high risk of serious illness from any kind of infection.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Looks like Fukushima radiation kills Omicron.

Or maybe it's mutating. Maybe Covid Omega will be a kaiju.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Now I see why the cases are dropping.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

edit on Wed Dec 22 2021 by Jbird because: staff edit

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Japan has been masking up this time of year for a century.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Japan has been masking up this time of year for a century.

Yeah, but the doctor quoted in the article said "Obviously vaccination, masking and social distancing are surely factors, but those alone cannot explain it"

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Covid cases in Japan keep plummeting and no one knows exactly why

All the videos I have seen of the Japanese on the street...they all wear masks.
I only wear one if I'm going into a business. I'm a gambler....

Spent a year of my life traveling Asia way before the pandemic, and mask wearing in public is not new; they have always done it. Frankly it took a little to get used to coming from the states, but it does help for sure.

Denny

Denny

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The Japanese people are smart, they probably boosted consumption of some of the antiviral chemistries. They have access to some of the chinese herbs and they pay attention to natural ways to inhibit this virus's replication.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Corona has little to do with vaccination I think. Possibly we make the situation worse by vaccinating. Nobody knows this for sure. Look at Romania. Low vaccination rate (about 50 percent). Months ago everybody was is state of panic. Now: zero cases. It could have something to do with natural immunity. Quite a link. Hope it works.

www.google.nl... yPn0AhVC26QKHbW-DFIQ4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=corona+deaths&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDI FCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBCxAxCDAToRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6CAgAEIAEELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoNCAAQg AQQsQMQgwEQCjoHCAAQgAQQCjoICAAQsQMQgwE6DggAEIAEELEDEIMBEMkDOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCvAToLCC4QgAQQxwEQrwFQAFiOJGCpMGgAcAB4AIABXogB3weSAQIxM5gBAKABAQ&sclient= gws-wiz

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Here in Japan we were very frighten .
Now, people just say fk it.
We want to get on with our daily life.
Sadly over 80% of downtown businesses have closed. ( no customers these days ) And can you believe McD's is having a shortage of french fries, yes we get the potatoes from Cananda. Canada had a lot of flooding in case you all didnt know that.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 12/23/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sadly over 80% of downtown businesses have closed. ( no customers these days ) And can you believe McD's is having a shortage of french fries, yes we get the potatoes from Cananda. Canada had a lot of flooding in case you all didnt know that.

Canada having flooding on the West Coast has no bearing on potatoes or any other food.

PEI is where our taters come from, and the Great Plains is where our food is grown.

"It's Bud the Spud from the great red mud, rollin down the highway a' smilin....

The spuds are big on the back of Bud's rig, they're from Prince Edward Island, they're from Prince Edward Island..."

-Stompin Tom

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Canada having flooding on the West Coast has no bearing on potatoes or any other food.

PEI is where our taters come from, and the Great Plains is where our food is grown.

"It's Bud the Spud from the great red mud, rollin down the highway a' smilin....

The spuds are big on the back of Bud's rig, they're from Prince Edward Island, they're from Prince Edward Island..."

-Stompin Tom

I don't believe you.
yo potatoes are from all over canada
we get the in the gunnie bags of 50 pounds
fries now are in short supply
I don't eat them due to the oil they cook them in

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: Mandroid7

No, I don't have a link and I should be more specific: Outside of research, doctors in Japan are not authorized to use ivermectin to treat covid or prescribe it as a prophylactic.

Got any evidence whatsoever? Because I here they fight this giant lizard over there that breathes fire. We got proof they do use it and cases went down but just trust the paid debunkers word that the only evidence we have is false.

Also Japan has always used mask. Didn’t stop or mitigate anything. They were stupid using them before and now as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

-Stompin Tom

I don't believe you.
yo potatoes are from all over canada
we get the in the gunnie bags of 50 pounds
fries now are in short supply
I don't eat them due to the oil they cook them in

I don't care what you believe, lmao.

Do some research, you're wrong.

Wherever else they are grown in Canada is not enough to effect the food supply.

Next I'll be telling you all abou rice in Japan...

Canadian Potatoes

Canada is among the top 20 potato producing countries worldwide; potatoes are the most valuable vegetable crop in Canada. They are grown in every province and are important economically in several provinces. The largest production is in Prince Edward Island (about 35 000 hectares), followed by Manitoba, New Brunswick and Alberta. Canada produces approximately $1 billion worth of potatoes each year. In addition, exports of processed potato products, table potatoes and seed are worth more than $1 billion annually.

As you can see, our main growing Province for spuds is PEI, followed by the Provinces on the Plains, just as I said, the others can't effect the world's food supply as they don't produce enough volume per hectare.
edit on 12/23/2021 by MykeNukem because: linky poo

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 23 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join