It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wacky California teacher still on leave for doing "Native" dance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's no surprise that this happened in California. A high school in Riverside. There's been a lot of disinformation about this incident. Some people said the math teacher had a mental breakdown, or was drinking, or was 'off her meds'. Those assumptions are understandable!
Apparently, the teacher thought she was just being 'fun' and 'cool'. Teachers get away with some outrageous behavior. They rarely get fired. They get a paid vacation. Or, as the school boards call it: "placed on leave".

An Inland Empire Native American Council is dealing with the video.

She must be fun at parties!

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What a racist loon

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think she was hammered or a tweaker.

edit on 22-12-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
What a racist loon

I think the word racist is used ridiculous now!
She is odd but why racist.
If someone decides to wear a tartan like my ancestors would I would consider it a complement the interest in the dress of old cultures.
People may love a culture or their history, I like the southern bell clothing, if my Wife wore that to a party I would think it was lovely but not in anyway making her confederate or Southern or trying to be.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That definitely helped those kids learn some math.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: ColeYounger

That definitely helped those kids learn some math.

It's the "new" math!

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If no meds "at the time", then there should'a been meds 🚬

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

edit on Wed Dec 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I think the word racist is used ridiculous now!
She is odd but why racist.
If someone decides to wear a tartan like my ancestors would I would consider it a complement the interest in the dress of old cultures.
People may love a culture or their history, I like the southern bell clothing, if my Wife wore that to a party I would think it was lovely but not in anyway making her confederate or Southern or trying to be.

It's the hypocrisy of the world nowadays. Everybody is supposed to remember things that happened to different types of people in the past, but you're not allowed to recreate it, imitate it, or talk about it unless you or 'your people'(whatever that means) were actually there.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well that was cringe. But is everyone a snitch nowadays? I had some wacky teachers too, but we didn't try to cancel them if they did some cringe dance.

Granted, she should have known some student would record that lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yea its a wierd grey area. I think it's because white people generally screwed indians and other people of color out of old movie, broadway, or other entertainment roles to instead have white people impersonate them.

I think part of the problem today is that we want to cancel anyone that shows the slightest bit of racism. Unintended or not. Which just takes away from actual hardcore racism that still is very alive in the world.
edit on 23-12-2021 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 23 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Your wife wearing a period dress or an eskimo with a tartan isnt the same, I totally agree.

Those listed are actual cultural affectations, this lady is making stuff up as she goes while wearing some neon goose feathers is not while looking like a loon.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Your wife wearing a period dress or an eskimo with a tartan isnt the same, I totally agree.

Those listed are actual cultural affectations, this lady is making stuff up as she goes while wearing some neon goose feathers is not while looking like a loon.

Maybe but I haven't seen the information of what was going on. Seems weird she is teaching math!

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join