It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control? Perhaps we have lost our way a bit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

When the 12-year-old pulled out a gun, the 17-year-old tried to back out of the parking stall and leave the area. As the victim was backing up, the 12-year-old began shooting into the victim's car. The victim then grabbed his own gun and fired one shot through hit windshield, hitting the 12-year-old. The victim then immediately left fled the scene.

We hear an awful lot about how horrible gun crimes are. And I won't lie, someone using a gun to commit a crime should be charged and imprisoned. You can't have a functioning society where people use guns to force others to do things. So in that regard, I'm all for enforcing the laws we have in place that are meant to protect society from dangerous predators.

But in this case, where have we failed? A 12 year old robbing a 17 year old, and they were both strapped. I hope I don't have to point out the part where you have to be 21 in most states to purchase and own a handgun. So how do kids get these guns, and how do their parents not know they have it? A lot of them post videos of them playing with their guns. We see that once the MSM starts pining over a body.

We have a serious situation in the nation and I don't have to tell the thinking folks this, but I do have to tell the others. It's not lawful gun owners that you need to fear. Whatever laws you make, we will comply with. Mostly. We won't be flaunting our illegalities to our buddies on tick tock. We won't be flashing our illegal glock to gain street cred. We will have our legal weapons locked in a safe. Keeping them from the hands of kids hopefully.

So it's time for you as the advocate for gun control to either put your priorities in the right place, or just admit you don't give a rats ass about kids killing kids, you just want all the gunz gone. And placate me by telling me "nobody is coming for your guns" a bit more often. That one hasn't been bandied about enough lately.
edit on 22-12-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's not the guns. It's the people.

Guns don't kill, people do. It's just that people are now preferring to use guns.

Four hundred million guns in the USA. Some are going to be used. For good and for bad.

Embracing someone like Rittenhouse as a hero is part of the problem. But the "owning the libs" mentality of the Right has made them roll Rittenhouse out like a rock star. So, I would get used to the idea that if you shoot someone, you could possibly become famous, and it could be very profitable. Wonder how that's going to go over with the younger, more ignorant crowd. Ya think someone might decide they can get famous by going to the next rally or demonstration and doing the same? The violence is going to get worse. But isn't that exactly what the Right wants. The overthrow of democracy so they can put their own in power and step on the rest of us?

Choose your heroes wisely, because your kids' lives may depend on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Education, education, education.

We have a right to keep and bear arms, therefore its our duty to teach how to use, maintain safely.

Now, that doesn’t really apply in this scenario but neither does any firearm laws.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Hmm, heroes.

Like Alec Baldwin? A guy who has publicly demonized firearms while also making millions using them in movies?

Just curious

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

In California of all places. Some of the most strictest gun laws. Like Chicago, you can't legislate these things away.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I can't help but think, was it people glorifying Kyle first, or was it people DEMONIZING him first? I know Chicken vs. egg. Think on that and let us know.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well yes, glorifying people can be a problem.

There are George Floyd memorials...
He is nobody to be idolized.

As for Rittenhouse.
No, he should not be made a hero but his trial was a huge victory for rights to self defense.
To me much of his positive attention is a direct result of his demonizing in the media. Even Brandon labeled him a criminal.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Australia let’s have a mandatory gun buy back program, nothing bad will happen

Australia 2021, let’s open up concentration camps and hire people to look in the attic for people to throw into those camps

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Anyone who knows Floyd wouldn’t want that dude in your neighborhood

Anyone who knows Kyle would welcome him into your neighborhood

It’s really that simple

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Reminds me of City of God.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

But isn't that exactly what the Right wants. The overthrow of democracy so they can put their own in power and step on the rest of us?

You're confusing Conservatives with the Leftist regime you so obviously support. All we want is to be left alone, but you busybodies can't keep your nose out of everyone else's business.

Your projection becomes more obvious with every word you write.

On the Rittenhouse thing....

It's apparent it puts a burr under your saddle, but I can guarantee if it was a BLM member who had killed 2 and wounded 1 member of the Proud Boys, you'd be singing their praises.
He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Get over it.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Dumbest hot take ever. Wanna blame rap or video games too while you're at it?

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StarGate77

We had a gun buy back a few years ago. I got rid of three pieces of crap and got enough to buy a new Glock.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When you have a Prosecutor not pressing charges for a shoot out, calling it "mutual combat" that might be part of the problem.

When you have Leftists push for background checks and then not report a person with mental issues, that might be part of the problem.

When you have Public Sector Union employees lighten their workload by hiding boxes of documents instead of doing their jobs and entering the information, that might be part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What made Rittenhousena rock star was the leftist media demonizing him without evidence, as they've done before. Evidence you also seem to be unaware of. So, yeah, anyone who passes off an intellectual Neanderthal like yourself is a rock star in my book too. Now crawl back under your rock until given further instruction from your CNN bullet points.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Personally? the 12 yr old deserved to get shot for that. If you ar eman enough to shoot at someone you have no right to complain when you get killed. The family should also face charges for negligence in raising their kid.

There isnt a age limit on gun ownership in the 2nd is there?

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Even Brandon labeled him a criminal.

Brandon also labeled him as a white supremacist... with no foundation.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are already laws in place preventing both a 12 yo and a 17 yo for possessing hand guns. Additional laws will not help. It’s up to the parents to enforce what their children do.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarGate77
Australia let’s have a mandatory gun buy back program, nothing bad will happen

Australia 2021, let’s open up concentration camps and hire people to look in the attic for people to throw into those camps

And yet, year after year, Australia is regarded around the world as having more individual freedom than the United States? Why is that?

Freedom Index by Country 2021

Aussies hit back at Americans calling NT quarantine centre a 'concentration camp' by posting photos in bikinis - and pointing out there is 'free wifi, nice food, and aircon'

False claim: Australia’s coronavirus pandemic plan will “force vaccinate every man, woman and child”, send those who oppose the measure to “concentration camps”

Perhaps American owned social media companies aren't telling you the truth?

Concentration Camps in the U.S.

Complete List of 800 FEMA Concentration Camps 2021 | The Road To Hell…

List of concentration and internment camps
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

What, a statute unilaterally arming everyone who can claim citizenship, and not placing limitation upon that, is not the cleverest idea?

America was founded on force of arms over just laws and over individual physical safety and security.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join