It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HypOps Youtube Channel - detailed battle simulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Maybe you've heard of Binkov's Battlegrounds or Covert Cabal (Are there others)...they have battle simulations / explanations of varying detail. Well..I've discovered a newer one that isn't quite as well known. But I saw the above one about US vs China and I liked it. There are 3 others on the channel I've yet to watch. EDIT: Seen the other 2, the latest one is just some conversation among participants. Enjoyed all 3 of the battle simulations!

If details of weapons /battles excites (or interests) you, you might like this. A week or two ago in a China J-20 thread I learned about China's PL-15 missile having longer range to aid in taking out F-35/F-22s. Although only J-16s are used, not J-20s. Well anyway..this video simulates the varying use of PL-12 vs PL-15 missiles in combat.

Give it a watch...
edit on 22-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: added update on simulations watched

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Ummm…unless I missed it…the simulation seems to have totally forgotten about the sea wolf submarine with the USS Ronald Reagan carrier group…and provided no firing solutions for it…or any further details except mentioning it in accompaniment…and moving to intercept the Chinese aircraft carrier and group…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

edit on Wed Dec 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: dontneedaname

Ummm…unless I missed it…the simulation seems to have totally forgotten about the sea wolf submarine with the USS Ronald Reagan carrier group…and provided no firing solutions for it…or any further details except mentioning it in accompaniment…and moving to intercept the Chinese aircraft carrier and group…

YouSir

Yes, you are correct. The HypOps crew made a mistake/omission and they do note that.

Looking at Wiki this carries Tomahawks / Harpoons / Torpedoes.

Prob would not fire Tomahawks on to land...but yeah, could take out a couple of Chinese ships before maybe getting taken out itself. China would send out helicopters to find it?

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

China Y-8Q. Named to mirror US Poseidon P-8A

How well do ASW helicopters and planes really do against modern subs? Dunno. I didn't even know you could drop a depth charge from the air...never investigated ASW helicopters or subs before - major blind spot in my knowledge base / understanding. ...but I am now.

news.cgtn.com...

www.china-arms.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.the-sun.com...

GAME OF DRONES China unveils deadly new anti-submarine drone that can wipe out US targets amid WW3 fears as Beijing bullies Taiwan
--

who knew?

Does US have ASW drones?

How the U.S. Navy Could Use Drones to Kill Submarines
www.19fortyfive.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname I have that game "Command Modern ops" by Matrix games. In CMOPs you just get a top down map view. The simulation they recorded was from a addon called Tac View. What I'm curious about was either side being run by the computer or was it all being run by humans? That and how they set up to SOP and rules of engagement will determine how it plays out. But in this case any Carrier battle group operating within range of land will have a hard time. We may have a technical advantage but that doesn't matter in a game of numbers. We have hit a stalemate with global powers. The US and its allies can never invade China or Russia and they cannot invade the US or Europe without risking a nuclear conflict. but Minor proxy war in Ukraine and Taiwan are still on the table.

top topics

join