It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family and I got Covid after thanksgiving

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My wife decided to stay in town and have thanksgiving with her Dad this year. I decided to visit and stay the night with my family out of town.

After visiting my family and comming back home my Mom calls and tells me my Dad is in the hospital with Covid. He is unvaxxed. I am unvaxxed as well most of my family is unvaxxed.

My wife is vaxxed. I tested positive for covid after hearing that. I did the 15 minute test.

My wife tested negative for two days the tested positive.

My symptoms were just being tired. My wifes symptoms were low grade fever, a lot of coughing, lost of taste and smell.

My Dad recovered from the hospital, My Mother and brothers didn't test but think they had it. My Dads brother is currently in the hospital with it.

Its very strange how this affects everone differently.

I would have thought I would have a harder time than my wife since I have asthma and not vaxxed, but she is. Do you have mixed experiences with Covid and your family?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
in my family ,my husband got so sick.. For over 2 months he was deathly ill. I just was tired for 2 weeks. My teenage son got no symptoms, my sister got cold symptoms. I do take a lot of vitamins. So i think that might of helped me. BUt my son eats like crap and doesnt take any vitamins and him and his friends never got sick.a reply to: asd161

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Your story is not unlike many others, where the unvaxed in a household have a very mild case where the vaxed get quite ill. It happened to my daughter and her family; everybody felt slightly 'unwell' for 3-4 days, like they were fighting off a cold; she was the only one vaxed (as a health care worker) and was VERY sick. Took over a month before she started feeling well again.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE
What was the vaccine status of those family members?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Are you different than the other 100 new "covid is real!" accounts opened?

My bro had a heart attack 2 weeks after his shot.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: asd161
Thanks for your yearly post .

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Over the last two years my family came down with 6 or 7 colds. All of them impacted us differently. One of them might have been Covid; who knows.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Some research suggest that blood type have to do with the symptoms you get, you may want to do more research on that.

The only thing good about getting covid is that you are now with natural immunity.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Each of you now have a story to tell, and most importantly, can now live free from the vaccine/booster insanity that's enveloping the country, because: www.cdc.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Some research suggest that blood type have to do with the symptoms you get, you may want to do more research on that.

The only thing good about getting covid is that you are now with natural immunity.

Yes, you are very much correct on that.

O positive people with a European background have faired fairly well in the last 2 years. What puzzles me is that why haven't there been public studies of this?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

yes they say type O is less effected
Data scientist from 23andMe, discusses genetic & nongenetic links to COVID-19 | Interview

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Over the last two years my family came down with 6 or 7 colds. All of them impacted us differently. One of them might have been Covid; who knows.

My symptoms were mild but I have never had an illness make me loss my sense of taste and smell. I was telling everyone about it when eventfully this was announced as a covid symptom and I said Oh..so I guess I had it.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I have seen many different reactions to the virus in people I know, but I assumed it was a different strain or something. With your case, everyone likely was exposed to the same strain, so it's peculiar that the severity was so different. Maybe that's normal, it just seems odd.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
my sister was vaccinated. nobody else. a reply to: nugget1

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: dandandat2

My symptoms were mild but I have never had an illness make me loss my sense of taste and smell. I was telling everyone about it when eventfully this was announced as a covid symptom and I said Oh..so I guess I had it.

Not necessarily. I have had colds (or something similar) in the distant past where I lost my sense of taste and smell. Certainly well before COVID was a thing. Matter of fact, I remember at the time telling my wife that NOW would be the time to cook up some spinach and broccoli for me to eat.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yep it does seem odd. I do take vitamins. Super C with D3 and Zinc. Usually two pills a day. Oddly enough my wife recommend it.

My doctor wanted me to get up to 5000ius of vitamin D in August.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I wish I could say the same here but I have been getting my ass kicked for several days, major chills and weakness, while my wife had a major fever for a day and a half but seems to have recovered quicker. She is vaxxed, I am not and the worst thing about this is I am being blamed for ruining Christmas because I didn't get jabbed.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Own experience:

10 family members together for about half an hour. Everyone vaccinated 5 months ago. Result: everyone infected. Fortunately no one in the hospital, but some are seriously ill.
Should we be vaccinated so we can not infect anyone? Do we have to be vaccinated to avoid getting infected? Put the promises of a year ago next to reality and nothing remains. And yes I know: 'Lucky you were vaccinated otherwise it would have been so much worse.'

top topics

join