It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson and staff pictured with wine in Downing Street garden in May 2020

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, this is just peachy. I'm sure it was an "absolutely necessary" business meeting... I could be wrong, however. I wish all my meetings were the same.

Boris Johnson has been pictured with wine and cheese alongside his wife and up to 17 staff in the Downing Street garden during lockdown, raising questions over No 10’s insistence a “work meeting” was taking place.

At the time social mixing between households was limited to two people, who could only meet outdoors and at a distance of at least 2 metres. In workplaces, guidance said in-person meetings should only take place if “absolutely necessary”.

The past week has been described as the worst of the prime minister’s premiership, with a major rebellion by Conservative MPs over Covid regulations followed by a historic byelection defeat and the shock departure of the Brexit minister, Lord Frost.

Angela Rayner, the deputy leader of the Labour party, described the picture as “a slap in the face of the British public”, adding: “The prime minister consistently shows us he has no regard for the rules he puts in place for the rest of us. Alleged drinking and partying late into the evening [at No 10] when the rest of us were only recently getting one daily walk.”

Lots more information in the Guardian article:
www.theguardian.com...

I think Boris has his days numbered...

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let's not forget that the alternative is Jimmy Saville's defender in chief, Raynor the skank, and the idiot Abbot.
edit on 19-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

there are those who have, and those who have not. Know which one you are, and stay in your lane.
Unwashed need not worry about the upper echelon.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We need a clear out of these career politicians that don't relate or listen to us.

Ex headteachers/teachers in the education department, ex front line nurses and doctors in the Health department etc.

Gettin sick of these pompous pricks now.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed, then you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival."
...Winston Churchill

"Vroom, vroom, who here's been to Peppa Pig World?".
....Boris Johnson

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
We need a clear out of these career politicians that don't relate or listen to us.

Ex headteachers/teachers in the education department, ex front line nurses and doctors in the Health department etc.

Gettin sick of these pompous pricks now.

Teachers and NHS staff sounds just as bad, metropolitan liberal luvvies.
Yuck pass me the sick bucket.Normal people they are not,like politicians they have supped from the public purse their whole career no matter how good or bad at their job they just keep supping.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
Let's not forget that the alternative is Jimmy Saville's defender in chief, Raynor the skank, and the idoit Abbot.

Or Margaret Thatcher who used to invite Saville to spend weekends at Chequers.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In case you haven't realised it's going to be problematic in the extreme for Thatcher to return as PM.

a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

In case you haven't realised it's going to be problematic in the extreme for Thatcher to return as PM.

All part of Tory sleeze. It's ingrain.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just like it is with Labour, Lib Dems, SNP etc etc.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide
100% agree! Been thinking this for past 40 years, hence the reason I don't vote.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Getting sick of these pompous pricks now.

I would imagine a long time ago, those scorned American colonials said approximately the same thing in the 1770's vernacular.

This time want even take a war or even violence, just keep protesting these azzhats will fold. we might have to come up with more verses to
you can stick your vaccine mandates up your arse, however
edit on 19-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I would imagine a long time ago, those scorned American colonials said approximately the same thing in the 1770's vernacular.

This time want even take a war or even violence, just keep protesting these azzhats will fold. we might have to come up with more verses to

when about half of the public is all for boot licking and loss of personal freedom, it's hard to know who you will be fighting. I suppose we will have to wait until the fully compliant realize they are no better off than those who resisted. Till then, enjoy that wine and cheese Mr. Johnson.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: putnam6

when about half of the public is all for boot licking and loss of personal freedom, it's hard to know who you will be fighting. I suppose we will have to wait until the fully compliant realize they are no better off than those who resisted. Till then, enjoy that wine and cheese Mr. Johnson.

It's gonna take a while everybody learns at their own pace, and the Brits are a stubborn lot. But it seems there is a growing realization that their leaders need to deposit the vaccine legislative orders in their bums.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Let's not forget that the alternative is Jimmy Saville's defender in chief, Raynor the skank, and the idiot Abbot.

You win today's Whataboutism award.

Particularly as there are at least half a dozen cabinet ministers - including the acting Prime Minister, Dominic "I didn't realise Dover was an important port" Raab - who make Abbott look like Einstein.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

All part of Tory sleeze. It's ingrain.

It's not sleaze. Johnson's private life is sleaze, as you''ll find out when the next Allegra Stratton tape is released.

This is hypocrisy and corruption.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Just like it is with Labour, Lib Dems, SNP etc etc.

Remind me, how many of these scandals involve any other party, from Reform on the right to the SNP on the left?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Have you had a look at the Labour front bench lately? How about runaway anti- semitism in the Labour party? SNP financial irregularities and public services mismanagement?
Whatever boilerplate you care to spout the Tories won a landslide because the electoral majority weren't prepared to take risk of Corbyn as PM with his bunch if morons making up the cabinet. Starmer hasnt made up much ground since then. Which goes to show how utterly ineffective he is.

a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

edit on 20-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22
This looks a lot like "rules for thee and not for me".

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As an American, I dont understand his hair, comb or brush occasionally or not at all?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join