It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On January 5th the New York State legislature begins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Are these actually proposed laws? I'll be researching for more info, what're the chances any of these get passed into law?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Even for New York, this seems extremely extreme in the most extreme kind of extreme extremist way.

Are all NY democrats extremists now?

The teevee said democrats were supposed to be against that kind of thing.

Has the teevee changed it's views in the 5 years since I stopped watching?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   
In today’s episode of “Most unAmerican” we visit a newly devised set of legislature proposals from NY.

Vying with CA for the top-spot in ‘22 let’s see if New York can help make America…. (crowd yells simultaneously)

“Most UnAmerican!”

Brought to by the folks from Americas Funniest Home Videos and Kids Say the Darndest Things.

Im not for advocating violence. Ever.

But I have some serious questions.

Just lemme put this torch out first.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I don't think AB A416 has a chance in hell of passing, but on the odd chance that it does, you'd have a serious backlash on your hands.

Proposed laws such as that are what the 2A was written for. Not sure they want to pull the pin on that grenade, but most of these progressives are certified nuts so I guess we'll see.

ETA: Truth be told, that whole list is 2A worthy of action. They're playing a very dangerous game with people's lives.
edit on 12/18/2021 by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They all seem pretty draconian, and Im surprised they have even been drafted as they are. BUT it is New York Im not familiar with how they proceed, I could see these bringing some backlash too. Well hopefully I did finally find what Im looking for here at least we can find out who is sponsoring these.

At first glance, it looks like most are just attached riders, that may or may not be discussed and argued, I knew the Democrats controlled everything I didn't know how substantial that lead was, however. Forgot how much I used to look at Ballotpedia

ballotpedia.org...

nyassembly.gov...

A08378 Summary:
BILL NO A08378

SAME AS No Same As

SPONSOR Dinowitz

COSPNSR Steck, Gottfried

MLTSPNSR

Amd 2164 & 613, Pub Health L

Authorizes the commissioner of health to develop and supervise the execution of a program of immunization against COVID-19 for purposes of state aid to schools; requires immunization against COVID-19 for attendance at school.

A00279 Summary:
BILL NO A00279A

SAME AS SAME AS S00075-A

SPONSOR Gottfried

COSPNSR McDonald, Dinowitz, Paulin, Fernandez, Zinerman, Simon, Stirpe, Lavine, Rodriguez, Burdick, Woerner, Rosenthal L, Fahy, Richardson, Galef, Hevesi, Forrest

MLTSPNSR

Amd §2168, Pub Health L

Requires a health care provider who administers an immunization to a person nineteen years of age or older to report such information to the department of health or to a regional health information organization unless such person objects to such reporting.

edit on 18-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2021 by putnam6 because: additional links

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This summary looks legit, a little bit dramatic, but factually accurate.

Section 1. The public health law is amended by adding a new section 2120-a to read as follows: § 2120-A. REMOVAL AND DETENTION OF CASES, CONTACTS AND CARRIERS WHO ARE OR MAY BE A DANGER TO PUBLIC HEALTH; OTHER ORDERS. 1. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE UTILIZED IN THE EVENT THAT THE GOVERNOR DECLARES A STATE OF HEALTH EMERGENCY DUE TO AN EPIDEMIC OF ANY COMMUNI- CABLE DISEASE.

NY state source

It seems very ambiguous as well.

Scary.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

This summary looks legit, a little bit dramatic, but factually accurate.

Section 1. The public health law is amended by adding a new section 2120-a to read as follows: § 2120-A. REMOVAL AND DETENTION OF CASES, CONTACTS AND CARRIERS WHO ARE OR MAY BE A DANGER TO PUBLIC HEALTH; OTHER ORDERS. 1. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE UTILIZED IN THE EVENT THAT THE GOVERNOR DECLARES A STATE OF HEALTH EMERGENCY DUE TO AN EPIDEMIC OF ANY COMMUNI- CABLE DISEASE.

NY state source

It seems very ambiguous as well.

Scary.

I always thought New York likely had some of the most strict laws in a lot of areas including public health, in some ways rightfully so.

In other words, we already had laws for this there's no need to put them on steroids. There needs to be a much higher threshold to enact these bills than we have had with COVID. The lethality and severity isn't there right now.

In New York, there were 18,276 newly reported COVID-19 cases and 44 newly reported COVID-19 deaths on Dec 16, 2021

That is just not enough to make such bold and sweeping changes that detained and restrict citizens and businesses.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Why don't they just call it the "Nazi Douche Package 2022".

This is disturbing but not really surprizing. It's what the evil leftists do and think.

Any opportunity for authoritarianism, tyranny, they will take.

This is apparently what leftist voters want though, so remember that. They voted for the morons writing these bills, this is on them.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If I lived in NY my house would be up for sale ASAP , It is time to flee the state . Wow how could anyone even come up with this B.S. ?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

If I lived in NY my house would be up for sale ASAP , It is time to flee the state . Wow how could anyone even come up with this B.S. ?

There's supposedly 81 million of these fascist idiots somewhere.

Haven't seen any evidence of that many in real life yet though.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Are these actually proposed laws? I'll be researching for more info, what're the chances any of these get passed into law?

I'm going to say "fake" -- or, rather, "deliberate misinterpretation to rile everyone up."

The "forced shots to attend school" statement, for instance. Go find it and read it. What it says is that it's adding influenza to the list of vaccinations that kids have to have to attend school. It doesn't say "forced" (parents can homeschool)

The last one (I didn't look up others) is also wrong. It wants to permit insurance companies to refuse to cover cost of Covid-related hospital and medical treatment if you haven't been vaccinated Not deny insurance.

Read them and then look them up.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I'm going to say "fake" -- or, rather, "deliberate misinterpretation to rile everyone up."

The "forced shots to attend school" statement, for instance. Go find it and read it. What it says is that it's adding influenza to the list of vaccinations that kids have to have to attend school. It doesn't say "forced" (parents can homeschool)

The last one (I didn't look up others) is also wrong. It wants to permit insurance companies to refuse to cover cost of Covid-related hospital and medical treatment if you haven't been vaccinated Not deny insurance.

So your personal fact checka (AKA dumb a$$ opinion) says that because parents still have the right to remove their kids from schools that this is not a flu shot mandate?

That's what you've decided to use as the basis of your dishonesty.

That parents can just keep their kids home all year?

How is that not a flu shot mandate?

Are you one of the 81 million fascist democrats that supposedly voted for this crap?

Asking for a pink unicorn down the street.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Sounds like discrimination to me , I say pull all the kids from their schools and sue the snot out of the insurance companies .

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This bill have been circulating for a while, people has taken the original bill that never was considered for vote and changed for propaganda.

Yes, I agree is fake.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Fortunately this bill has been dormant for a long time. If it were to be passed, Bill A416 would effectively allow the Governor of New York to arrest any individual or group for refusing vaccinations. They could be detained by her command indefinitely. This may be the most Orwellian political move we've seen in the West. It not only tears apart the Constitution and outright treats unvaccinated Americans as criminals, but it would empower Governor Kathy Hochul with the authority to imprison political revivals (Hillary Clinton's "basket of deplorables.") Is this the beginning of concentration camps in the US? Hopefully it never passes.

On January 5th, 2022, the New York Senate and Assembly will vote on a bill that would, if passed into law, grant permissions to remove and detain cases, contacts, carriers, or anyone suspected of presenting a “significant threat to public health” and remove them from public life on an indefinite basis.

The bill gives the Governor of New York, his or her delegates – including but not limited to the commissioner and heads of local health departments – the right to remove and detain any individuals or groups of people through issuing a single order. The orders only have to include the individual’s name(s) or “reasonably specific descriptions of the individuals or groups.”

The department can decide to hold a person or group of people in a medical facility or any other they deem appropriate. The language is purposefully vague.

Though the bill attempts to state that no one shall be held for more than 60 days, the language allows for court orders to waive this maximum detention time. After 60 days, the court is allowed an additional 90 days to consider the detention of an individual, a cycle that can last indefinitely per the opinion of the department.

It goes on to state that the Bill will “require an individual who has been exposed to or infected by a contagious disease to complete an appropriate, prescribed course of treatment, preventive medication or vaccination,” essentially giving the government the right to detain anyone they want and forcibly vaccinate them.

thenationalpulse.com...

Lalor on Newsmax Denouncing the Gulag Bill:
rumble.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: Byrd

So your personal fact checka (AKA dumb a$$ opinion) says that because parents still have the right to remove their kids from schools that this is not a flu shot mandate?

Your kid can't attend school unless you can produce a vaccination record (several shots. I've forgotten how many) They added one more vaccination.

That's what you've decided to use as the basis of your dishonesty.

That parents can just keep their kids home all year?

How is that not a flu shot mandate?

Parents are free to send their children to other educational facilities. They don't have to use public schools. If it was a mandate, then it would be for every child and no exceptions (like being home schooled or in a small homeschooling circle.) People who choose to not send their kids to public school have a number of options.

Are you one of the 81 million fascist democrats that supposedly voted for this crap?

Asking for a pink unicorn down the street.

I live in Texas, actually. I simply did a little checking of that photo (which was designed to cause outrage and wasn't reporting in neutral terms on the bills) and found that the titles were a real stretch.

Because the old motto here is "deny ignorance".

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Fortunately this bill has been dormant for a long time. If it were to be passed, Bill A416 would effectively allow the Governor of New York to arrest any individual or group for refusing vaccinations. They could be detained by her command indefinitely. This may be the most Orwellian political move we've seen in the West. It not only tears apart the Constitution and outright treats unvaccinated Americans as criminals, but it would empower Governor Kathy Hochul with the authority to imprison political revivals (Hillary Clinton's "basket of deplorables.") Is this the beginning of concentration camps in the US? Hopefully it never passes.

The bill (which was introduced in 2015 (I looked it up. You can, too.)) does say that the governor can have people arrested if they are a public health risk. However, governors are not absolute dictators, and the first one who gets jail time if and when it passes will likely be an activist with a lot of financial power. They get arrested and lawyer up and the battle of the bill begins.

Arresting a political rival wouldn't be easy to get away with. They'd have the ACLU and the US attorney generals and everyone else after them. And it wouldn't stand up in the Supreme Court.

And the governor who tried that would get voted out very quickly.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yes I also looked it up before posting. I'd like to hear a lawyer's take on it.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You missed this part: Take down the Statue of Liberty

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow these lunatics in the legislature have completely left the planet. Some of these bills deserve severe punishment for even proposing them in the first place. The death penalty is a good place to begin with these people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join