It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us and Ukraine vote to allow nazism and racism at the UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The UN held a vote to basically denounce all forms of nazism, neo nazism and racism.

www.rt.com...

The US and the Ukraine were the only countries to vote against the resolution.

We all know the Ukraine is using a neo nazi regiment in Eastern Ukraine to ethnically cleanse Russian ethnics in the region. We also know the leadership lean heavily in that direction so no surprise there.

However I did not expect such from the US although during WW2 there was large amounts of support for the nazis. Indeed the US carried on some of the nazi eugenics programs such as sterilising blacks after the war and for some decades.

I understand the US loves free speech no matter how hateful however this is basically showing support for nazis and racism.

Shocking, or is it?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I understand the US loves free speech no matter how hateful however this is basically showing support for nazis and racism.

Shocking, or is it?

Supporting free speech is not about supporting what you agree with but what you don't.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Shocking, or is it?

Supporting free speech is not about supporting what you agree with but what you don't.

Thanks for pointing this out, seems this generation doesn't understand this is one damn topic that isn't about your "feelz".

Out of the 2 protecting free speech is infinitely more important than the specter of Nazism. We survived the Skokie Illinois and it was supposedly better there

Besides free speech making it easier to identify who all the Nazis are, have you ever known a quiet Nazi?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Besides free speech making it easier to identify who all the Nazis are, have you ever known a quiet Nazi?

I was Goering to say that they're all way too mouthy.

edit on 17-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Shocking, or is it?

Correct. They're currently running the government and the media.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

"Operation Eagle Flight", the gift that keeps on giving.

👎

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

All very RT.com.

Here's the US narrative on this matter. USUN explanation

Today, however, the United States must once again express opposition to this resolution, a document most notable for its thinly veiled attempts to legitimize Russian disinformation campaigns denigrating neighboring nations and promoting the distorted Soviet narrative of much of contemporary European history, using the cynical guise of halting Nazi glorification.

Just because they voted "no" does not mean that they support Nazism, or any form of extremist political clap-trap.

At the end of the day, if this is the quality of UN debate, then it's nothing more than a talking shop.
edit on 17/12/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I can't believe the OP was stupid enough to say this:

Shocking, or is it?

Since when is standing up for free speech "showing support" for Nazis and racism?

You clearly don't understand free speech and aren't smart enough to know how to separate the concept of supporting speech we don't like from people we don't like.
edit on 12 17 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

'b-b-but hate speech! Censor him!'

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

However I did not expect such from the US although during WW2 there was large amounts of support for the nazis. Indeed the US carried on some of the nazi eugenics programs such as sterilising blacks after the war and for some decades.

this is a grievous error. the US did not in fact "carried on some of the nazi eugenics programs". quite simply because those Eugenics programs were not "Nazi programs" in the first place. Indiana passed the world’s first sterilization law in 1907. which not just predates Nazi Germany, but even was years before even WW1.

in fact long before the Nazis Eugenics was a huge thing in both the US and Germany. as with pretty much everything the Nazis only took things to the extremes. other then things like death camps the Nazis just copped and "borrowed" things already in existence. the Nazis were really not original thinkers. in fact Eugenics is actually WHY people not just in the US, not to mention most of Europe had many people who originally backed the Nazis. along with things like the Nazi's anti Jewish hate, an even more widespread belief pretty much everywhere else. in fact before the Nazis the Germans locked their mentally ill away in special camps and facilities. the Nazis just killed them. among the very first to be killed by things like poison gas were the mentally ill and other disabled. in fact they were the ones who were the ones they worked to find the best, easiest, and mass lot killing for. long before the "death camps".

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As one Mr Owell said...

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

Riouz

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Shocking, or is it?

Thanks for pointing this out, seems this generation doesn't understand this is one damn topic that isn't about your "feelz".

Out of the 2 protecting free speech is infinitely more important than the specter of Nazism. We survived the Skokie Illinois and it was supposedly better there

That last part seems especially useful. As much as any supremacist ideology tickles the knee jerk reflexes, it's sometimes convenient to let the truly dangerous agencies show their hand prematurely.

Knowing is half the battle and whatnot.

edit on 17-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Shocking, or is it?

But this was about stopping the glorification of nazism etc no just hate speech.

This was to stop alot more than freely speaking.

Why would the US support this, unless of course because the truth about its ally Ukraine would become so widespread people would begin to support the idea of Russian intervention. We all know the US like selling weapons to the nazis of the Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

But this was about stopping the glorification of nazism etc no just hate speech.

It's still protected free speech.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Shocking, or is it?

Since when is standing up for free speech "showing support" for Nazis and racism?

You clearly don't understand free speech and aren't smart enough to know how to separate the concept of supporting speech we don't like from people we don't like.

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand the article.

It was about glorification of nazism, not free speech.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Shocking, or is it?

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand the article.

It was about glorification of nazism, not free speech.

RT is as believable as PRAVDA. In short its not. No proof of nazis killing off russians in reality except from russian,and enemy backed stories.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Russian RT saying Ukraine and the US are baddies?

Who didnt expect at least that much spin?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's a propaganda article that you fell for.

I can clearly identify a propaganda piece.

Don't throw stones in intellectual glass houses.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

new topics

top topics

join