It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Turning Point USA racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

One day after Kessem made the post on Facebook, Melissa Hess, the assistant principal at William Howard Taft High School, tweeted that the administration was concerned with a student organization, but did not name TPUSA directly.

"We were disturbed to learn that an organization promoting racial intolerance has been associated with our school," Hess tweeted. "We are a community built on respect and inclusion, and one that rejects any organization that would seek to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or anything else."

"All student organizations must align with the Taft mission statement, which is to "educate global citizens to create a better world. Please know that the staff and administration at Taft will never tolerate the formation of any group that does not support these values," Hess added.

Here is their site:
www.tpusa.com...

Now if they are racist, that's wrong, and everyone should be against it. But if the only claim for them being racist, is they are a conservative group, then we have a problem. And it's not just a little problem. If this group isn't racist, doesn't promote "racial intolerance", then a few folks need to be fired and in the bread line. You can't just make up stuff about people or groups even if you are a democrat. (just kidding, sure you can)

So let's see the proof. Bring on the swastikas and Tiki Torches!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nothing. Candace owens frequently is featured on turningpoint. It is racist as they frequently debunk liberal narratives in college campuses.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wouldn't say there's anything necessarily racist about the organization. However, they do seem to keep hiring racists for prominent positions in the organization.
edit on 12/16/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This issue with the evil left is their obsession with skin color. Which makes them racist.

So if you are promoting character, and ability and ignoring skin color, by leftist standards, you are racist which is odd because they are the ones actually racist.

They cannot see how racist they have actually become.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This issue with the evil left is their obsession with skin color. Which makes them racist.

So if you are promoting character, and ability and ignoring skin color, by leftist standards, you are racist which is odd because they are the ones actually racist.

They cannot see how racist they have actually become.

In a normal place, I would reject that as hyperbole, or just junk. But here in clown world, that is the most likely answer and makes the most sense. Thanks for explaining it in such a way.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I wouldn't say there's anything necessarily racist about the organization. However, they do seem to keep hiring racists for prominent positions in the organization.

could you offer some examples please?

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

isn't she the new face of white supremacy?

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Sadly it isn't hyperbole.

They've had to recreate racism and racism-related issues in order to promote change within our education system, justice system, entertainment industry, sporting industry and political system.

It's been very effective by the left but they're being hoisted by their own petard as a result.
edit on 16-12-2021 by DBCowboy because: Day drinking

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Lie much?

Careful, that's a trick question...

(post by MDDoxs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sadly, these days being conservative is all the excuse liberals need to call you racist. To their point of view, being white and conservative makes it self-evident that you are a white supremacist. Which of course is an extremely racist view in itself.

Ironically, this means we've reached the point where accusing someone of racism is itself an act of racism (at least most of the time).

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The statement actually referred to "racial intolerance" not to "racism", as such. But that is maybe just a quibble and not the main point.

I assume that the comment referred to TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk's well known opposition to Black Lives Matter (BLM).

BLM's main position is that they oppose racially motivated violence against black people.

If a person opposes an organization that opposes racially motivated violence against black people, one could perhaps draw the conclusion that that person is advocating racially motivated violence against black people.

So the question is: does advocating racially motivated violence against black people represent a position of racial intolerance, or is it just a value-neutral and fundamental conservative value?

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
They are not ultra progressive, therefor racist.

I know this is bull# but that's probably the logic brick they use to determine who is racist and who isn't. What the school does is almost defamation. They know that, that's why they only hinted on the TPUSA and didn't call it out.

Spineless is what I would call it, dishonest and sly at least.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
it's nice to have the words associated with the accounts here for posterity. I can't thank those who posted enough.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

The statement actually referred to "racial intolerance" not to "racism", as such. But that is maybe just a quibble and not the main point.

I assume that the comment referred to TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk's well known opposition to Black Lives Matter (BLM).

BLM's main position is that they oppose racially motivated violence against black people.

If a person opposes an organization that opposes racially motivated violence against black people, one could perhaps draw the conclusion that that person is advocating racially motivated violence against black people.

So the question is: does advocating racially motivated violence against black people represent a position of racial intolerance, or is it just a value-neutral and fundamental conservative value?

rejects any organization that would seek to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or anything else."

Seems like they were calling them racists.

It is also a very stupid statement when you read it: They won't tolerate someone that discriminates, period.
There are plenty of good reasons to discriminate, they ruled all of them out.
edit on b000000312021-12-16T14:43:29-06:0002America/ChicagoThu, 16 Dec 2021 14:43:29 -0600200000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Crystal Clanton, who was the organization's National Field Director for five years, texted another TPUSA employee: "i hate black people. Like f*** them all . . . I hate blacks. End of story." It should be noted that TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk called Crystal the best hire they ever made.

Shialee Grooman, Crystal's replacement, was found to have made numerous racially charged posts on her Twitter before being fired.

Riley Grisar, the President of the UNLV chapter, was removed from his position after a video surfaced of him and a friend chanting "white power" and "f*** the n*****s."

Kyle Kashuv, the Director for High School Outreach, resigned after he was found to have used racial slurs on a number of occasions and also made references to Jewish slaves.

Timon Prax, Midwest Regional Manager, was forced to resign after numerous tests and Tweets were found using racial slurs/stereotypes and making fun of black people and mentally challenged people.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I have heard of this organization before but never looked into it nor remember reading anything about them being racist. Just a conservative group.
So I open your like to read into them. I also don't know anything about any of these people that run it, nor really care tbh.
From what I read so far I agree with the mission. I do see one thing odd and this could just be me. So this group wants to spread information about racial injustice for everyone, not just white people. And constitutive folks like that. But holy crap if schools do it they are spreading racism.
Just thought that was odd. Other than that I don't see the whole white supremacists thing.
I decided to jump in and give my honest opinion. And you for the most part dislike it but there ya go.

ETA. I misspoke at the end there. You don't dislike my opinions just often we see things differently. Not a bad thing. Just wanted to clear that up.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

So anti BLM = "advocating racially motivated violence against black people"

My God, this is the thought process of a progressive folks.
SMFH

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Is it racist to hire people based only upon their skin colour or ethnic identity?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join