It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midwest -- Winds Coming and Possibly More Tornadoes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Nyiah

Now, there's a possibility.
Didn't think the weather is just delayed.
Have you noticed that cold weather seems to start later in the year, and linger later in the new year?

i have been saying that for about the last twenty years or so. when i was a kid a white Christmas was normal, and a green Christmas was rare. now it seems it is almost lucky if we have a lasting snow before Christmas. and i particularly remember one year in the late 90's when after a rather cool summer, we had the hot "July/August hot weather", in September, going into October. i remember it well since i had been screwed for "summer vacation", and was only able to take it in September. but being pissed off changed to joy, when in the end i had the nicest weather in my September vacation, then it had been all summer.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Live streaming Direct Weather

www.youtube.com...

and here KMBC
www.youtube.com...

ETA
Michigan weather
High Wind Warning: Timeline on 60 mph + gusts
edit on Wed Dec 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow, the squall line is here now. This is intense!

It's like hurricane rain all sideways. What's got me worried is there is a major power outage not too many blocks south of us that seems to be expanding slowly. I am supposed to be at tournament practice right now, but when we drove past, they had just lost power and had to cancel all classes for the night there. There were cops posted at various intersections directing traffic away from side streets and the traffic lights were out.

When I got off the highway to head in to the house after work, I drove through part of it. We're not in it, but we're a bit worried we will be before too long.
edit on 15-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Stay safe, ketsuko!
I hope you keep power.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

It's moving through quickly, so we're almost done. The wind is going to continue though.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
a reply to: carewemust

fingers crossed he stays ahead of the winter storm forecasted for today on that route. Windy.com shows it getting into Chicago at 1am

Son took my advice and didn't stop except for a quick bite and bathroom break upon leaving Rapid City early today. Is passing Madison Wisconsin now on I-90 heading south towards Rockford, IL. The line of storms is in Iowa. He should stay dry into Schaumburg, IL... arriving about 9pm. The last 2 hours is where you need the least annoyances.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Got off the phone with my dad. They live out in the country back in Kansas. The storms rolled through there earlier this afternoon.

They have no power, and he can't see lights in any of the three towns he can usually see lights from. Two of them you can see individual lights from: Abilene and Chapman. He says they are totally dark, no sign of any lights. He also can't see the glow in the sky from Junction City and Ft. Riley, either.

That is a profound amount of power outage. You generally only see that from a winter ice storm.
edit on 15-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is simply awful!

poweroutage.us...

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I'm in central Hellinois and the wind is brutal. Wife and I were going to put our boat back in and go fishing, but it's to damn windy.

I like it being 70 degrees in December, but it's getting bad.

the scardest i ever been was when i was living there. a ightning stom blew in and it was like something out of a movie!

i was watching for a while and then went in and shut the glass doors and curtains to the balcony. i usually love weather like that but this was over the top even for me and it was close too. thunder was about instantaneous.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Nyiah

I just LOL at that!

I’m a pretty brave soul but I don’t mess around with tornadoes.
I’ve had one in my neighborhood, and I’ve experienced a hurricane first hand.

There is nothing more humbling than Mother Nature especially when it comes to wind.
Well, Mother Nature and/or government controlled weather

Oh, I have a healthy respect myself -- we've made use of our basement not just because of sirens & obvious caution, but eyes on the thing will have you achieving sprint speeds you weren't aware you could do

And hurricanes, yes, plenty of them & tropical storms under my belt. Probably the one that had me feeling the most uneasy was Charley, we were all resigned to a hellish night in Tampa, until, well, "Right turn, Clyde."

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Connected briefly with an old high school classmate. She lives in Salina. They had 98 mph winds through there. The entire town looks blasted apparently and is mostly without power - trees down, lines down. It's a mess. I saw on my drive home that the smart highway system was saying that I-70 was closed through Salina.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So far, from the SPC, 19 tornadoes and over 400 wind events.
www.spc.noaa.gov...

1956 3 W GLENVIL ADAMS NE 4050 9831 EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTED TORNADO WITHIN LINE ... NO OTHER DETAILS AT THIS TIME. (GID)
2014 1 S EDGAR CLAY NE 4035 9797 TORNADO ON THE GROUND 1S OF EDGAR PER EM. (GID)
2015 1 SW AURORA HAMILTON NE 4086 9802 DELAYED REPORT. SPOTTER NETWORK REPORT OF TORNADO CAUSING DAMAGE IN THIS AREA. PHOTOS RECEIVED VIA TWITTER SUPPORT A POSSIBLE TORNADO IN THIS AREA. (GID)
2030 3 NE MARQUETTE HAMILTON NE 4104 9797 TORNADO PICTURE ON TWITTER. LOCATION IS APPROXIMATE AND PENDING SURVEY. (GID)
2104 COLUMBUS PLATTE NE 4144 9736 CORRECTS PREVIOUS TORNADO REPORT FROM COLUMBUS. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTS ROOF OFF HOUSE AFTER BRIEF TORNADO SPIN-UP. (OAX)
2113 2 SE HUMPHREY PLATTE NE 4167 9746 TORNADO ON THE GROUND. (OAX)
2140 BEEMER CUMING NE 4193 9681 CONFIRMED TORNADO BY FIRE DEPARTMENT. (OAX)
2144 4 E CERESCO SAUNDERS NE 4106 9656 GENERAL TRACK BEGINNING NEAR CO RD 14 & CO RD A AND TRACK ENDED NEAR CO RD 11 & CO RD E. (OAX)
2217 2 S SALIX WOODBURY IA 4228 9628 (FSD)
2217 2 SW BRONSON WOODBURY IA 4239 9623 (FSD)
2232 2 SW NEOLA POTTAWATTAMIE IA 4144 9564 FROM VIDEO AND TDS. TORNADO ON THE GROUND FOR AT LEAST 2 MINUTES. DAMAGE REPORTED IN NEOLA. (OAX)
2233 3 ENE LAWTON WOODBURY IA 4250 9613 REPORT OF POWER FLASHES FROM POWER LINES. (FSD)
2301 3 SSW BRAYTON CASS IA 4150 9495 STORM CHASER REPORTED FLIPPED SEMIS ON I-80 AND POWER FLASHES ASSOCIATED WITH A TORNADO. (DMX)
2302 1 NW ATLANTIC CASS IA 4141 9503 STORM CHASER REPORTED TORNADO ON THE WEST SIDE OF ATLANTIC. (DMX)
2334 2 W JEFFERSON GREENE IA 4202 9442 PUBLIC RELAYED POSSIBLE TORNADO DAMAGE WEST OF JEFFERSON ... INCLUDING LARGE PORTION OF GARAGE DAMAGED/MISSING. TIME ESTIMATED FROM RADAR. (DMX)
2345 4 SW DANA GREENE IA 4207 9430 DAMAGE TO FARMSTEAD BUILDINGS NORTHEAST OF JEFFERSON NEAR INTERSECTION OF 195TH AND R AVE. TIME ESTIMATED BY RADAR. REPORT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA. (DMX)
2349 6 NE FRASER BOONE IA 4218 9388 LOCATION ESTIMATED BY RADAR. REPORT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE. UNKNOWN DAMAGE. DELAYED REPORT. (DMX)
0000 BRADGATE HUMBOLDT IA 4280 9442 PUBLIC REPORTED TORNADO ON THE GROUND. NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT THIS TIME. (DMX)
0012 6 S ALGONA KOSSUTH IA 4299 9423 TORNADO CONFIRMED ... APPROX 6 MILES SOUTH OF ALGONA. (DMX)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's getting a touch breezy here in W MI
It's gusting at a pretty good clip, probably pushing 40 MPH. It's also still in the 60's, and I still have the windows wiiiide open for that invigorating fresh air (Ok, I may have burned dinner in the oven & set off every fire alarm in the house & it still stinks in here)

Since I'm next to a window, I'm starting to hear items "thudding" & clanging around the neighborhood, and saw one trash can trying to make a break for it tumbling down the street (neighbor retrieved it)

No limbs down so far that I can visibly see anywhere, just a whole bunch of teeny branch ends snapping off.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm Kalamazoo.No major wind here?

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It's like a hurricane out there. The house is literally shaking.

I've never experienced winds like this. It's insane.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
We made it through unscathed but there are some major limbs/trees down this morning. Our neighbors across the street lost about 1/3 of a tree.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
it looks nasty out there.

75-100 mph windsafew nados.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Storms did a lot of damage in our are, lots of people without electricity and trees down, but so far it seems like it wasn’t as deadly like the one in KY & MO.

I want to give props to WE Energy. They were prepared before the weather to get on all the outages.
I will say even though we live in a harsh weather climate, they are really good about making sure they get stuff fixed fast.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I'm Kalamazoo.No major wind here?

Your county wasn't part of the High Wind Warning, and you were under the same general Wind Advisory as I was.We initially were looking like we were supposed to be part of the HWW, but that was nixed for the Advisory instead.

Looking back at multiple Wunderground weather stations' data around the area, it looks like I fell asleep before we touched on near-40 MPH winds and near 60 MPH gusts circa 4am-ish for a while. There's no limbs down still (knock on wood, pardon the pun) and it looks like the worry about power outages in the metro didn't come to fruition, not a lot of outages this time.

Edit: The upper end of the Mitten, though, is full no No Power. Lower Mitten dodged that one.
edit on 12/16/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Edit: The upper end of the Mitten, though, is full no No Power. Lower Mitten dodged that one.

Yeah, that MI outage map looks bad for the upper part of the state.
Live here
poweroutage.us...

Getting windier here on the eastern side of the state. Some outages already around Brighton and Milford.

ETA
Most Consumers outages seem north of Holland
www.consumersenergy.com...

and FYI DTE
outage.dteenergy.com...
edit on Thu Dec 16 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join