It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook fact checks are really just opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sorry if it's already been posted.

News coming out how FB had to admit that their "fact checks" aren't actually statements of fact, but mere opinion.

NYP article written by John Stossel
Follow up

Stossel posted a pair of videos that touched the third rail of liberal politics — climate change. Neither questioned whether climate change is real, but each talked about other issues, namely forest management and using technology to adapt. Yet the third party that Facebook contracts to review these pieces, Science Feedback, flagged them as “false,” or our favorite, “lacking context.”

Stossel is suing FB for defaming one of his posts. They added extra content and then slapped their labels all over it.

They had to admit that their 'fact checks' are merely opinion.

This will be interesting to watch unfold.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When they're not outright deceptive, but it's nice to see at least that much on the record.

I wonder if the fact-checkers have "fact-checked" this.

edit on 14-12-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'm not sure who is taking FB's fact checkers seriously but a blow to whatever credibility they have/had is a good thing methinks.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't think it will matter to most, people just used it for confirmation bias.

My source can beat up your source!

It was obvious to anyone that bothered to follow the links to the "fact checks".

People want to be sold on a false reality, it is one of many coping mechanisms we use to entertain our way out of self reflection.

Hopefully this in some way can be used to limit their abilities in the future to foster unhealthy false realities while atleast claiming to be the arbiters of truth.

Haha, .. welcome to Meta!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It wasn't the pit though so should be good!
edit on 12/14/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Thanks, her post is 3 days old.

It's been discussed.

Mods, please remove.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Did Dr. They have to finally testify??

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I did put it up because Watts Up With That had a post about a few days ago with the actual court filings and the relevant section where Facebook admitted it.

I thought it was pretty huge for something that seemed to be flying so deep under the radar then, so I put it here so that maybe it could begin to get spread out in various ways if people shared it.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Facebook ‘Independent Fact Checkers’ Linked To Clinton, China, George Soros

......."One of Facebook's primary fact checkers, Lead Stories, makes a good bit of its money through its partnership with Tiktok, which of course is run by a Chinese company directly tied to the Communist Chinese Government," Sharp revealed, adding sarcastically, "So no bias there."

"As reported by the Epoch Times, Lead Stories was founded in 2015 by Website Developer Maartan Schenk and Allan Duke, long time producer and veteran of CNN. After that, the company picked up a few dozen staffers most of them also from CNN," he emphasized.

"Facebook claimed its fact checkers are trustworthy because they are certified by the International Fact Checking Network. However, this network was founded by the Poynter Institute which is also closely partnered by China's Tiktok and refuses to say how much money they are getting from China," he divulged.

"But it gets even better because the Facebook's fact checking network gets almost all of its money from Google and radical left-wing billionaire George Soros. Furthermore, one of the seven member sitting on this network's advisory board --the people deciding what's fake news-- published this a book this year called, 'Donald Trump and His Assault On The Truth'."

"Worst, according to reports from Sky News Australia, the person in charge of who could become a Facebook fact checker on not is a left-wing activist and rapid critique of President Trump. Her name is Margot Susca and she's repeatedly fond of Hilary Clinton and even admitted her boyfriend worked for Clinton when she was in the senate. And this women literally has the power to censor any story she doesn't like and ban any one who disagrees with her," he disclosed........

Margot Susca

edit on 12152021 by MetalThunder because: The More You Know

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I sure hope this results in Zuckerdroidberg having to go in front of Congress again to testify. The clips of him there last time were unreal and completely amazing. Barely looked human.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I sure hope this results in Zuckerdroidberg having to go in front of Congress again to testify. The clips of him there last time were unreal and completely amazing. Barely looked human.

So Cruz can brow beat the android again?

Even this won't get results. Stossel may, but that'd be it.

top topics

join