It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearm laws moving while we are distracted.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My neighborhood, is actually a string of small farms around an alpine lake.

We take no notice here, when we hear gunshots. We only get worried when we hear sirens...

We know our neighbors. We have helped return their wayward equines... and vice-versa.

Our neighbors are retired military, lumberjacks, doctors, farmers, etc... we have a collective capability.

90% of us are armed. We have serious predators, here in the Northern Rockies... bears, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes... firearms are a necessary part of life up here.

Idaho would never comply with this crap. Never.

We stand with our neighbors. They stand with us.
edit on 14-12-2021 by madmac5150 because: Irony

edit on 14-12-2021 by madmac5150 because: The neighbor's donkey does get assed up from time to time... so, there's that...

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: rickymouse

I bought the gun because I dod not want my kids to be able to have an accident with it.

You've just given me all the justification I need to buy a desert eagle!

Thanks Ricky.

I have the 357 Magnum. When I bought it it was close to five hundred with the case and extra clip and sales tax.. It feels good to know it is worth way more than that now.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'm not sure youd find one used for under 600 these days.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Those who own firearms with high capacity magazines before Jan. 1, 2023 would need to report it to their local law enforcement agency in order to continue legal ownership of the gun.

Good luck with that!!

In no way shape or form, would I ever comply with such a thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Magazine capacity is just an excuse.

My old smith and wesson .38spl revolver, which my sister has now, holds six-obviously-but with the five speed loaders that go with it? Yeah, I could put a whole lot of lead down range when so inclined.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, no one will agree to have stronger background checks, so they're doing what's next on their list. I cant understand why any law abiding person wouldn't agree to universal background checks. No one wants some crazy person buying up all the AR-15s at their local shop. I visited Arkansas last summer and its perfectly legal for a person thats mentally retarded to buy a gun, wtf!?

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ok ..but yesterday ..I cleaned my Glock-30/45 ACP.

5 mags, 10 each, 1-#12 mag.

That's a TON of firepower...in my pocket.

Just saying. Ban large mags? Carry the same amount in sep mags anyway.

I almost bought a 50 rd drum for my 45...then I thought? Seriously...self defense is singular.....and went down from 40yrs semi auto....back to a 5 shot EDC 357 mg revolver.

Get in my face? I'm good w 357 exploding fire directly into the soon to be very unfortunate assaulter.
edit on 12213031America/ChicagoWed, 15 Dec 2021 09:06:30 -060006202100000030 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You've just given me all the justification I need to buy a desert eagle!

I have one, it's more of a novelty gun. Plus every momo wants to blast off your $3 a round ammo when you're at the range.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Miah024

I really doubt that a crazy person would be buying up
all the AR-15's,they would probably steal them instead.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So when is everyone going to form a militia and fight the government

That's the right you have.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I think folks are missing the point.

The bills were introduced after the Oxford shooting. The shooting involved a handgun, that as you know, already must be registered in our state.

What they are trying to do is get a rifle registry.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

We already are the militia.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm not sure youd find one used for under 600 these days.

I have shot about ten boxes of shells through mine since I bought it back in the late nineties. I cleaned it and oiled it every time I used it. The reason I do not shoot it much is that you can go through ten shells shooting at a target in less than a minute. It is heavy but steady and when you learn how to use the sights, you can hit the target pretty good at a hundred yards, it has an eight inch barrel with that special kind of rifling called polygonal rifling, it is like eight sided I think. But a box of fifty shells lasts less than an hour at the rifle range, right now that box of fifty costs about thirty bucks or more and it does not take the cheap shells because it is an automatic with two springs and it takes power to kick back the carriage.

Good gun, but if you use cheap shells it takes a lot longer to clean the gun, because cheap shells clog the port too, I have tiny brushes for cleaning it. But I think it is a good gun for blueberry picking, I don't like dumping my berries out to stop bears from chasing me. I had that happen when I was about twelve, spilled half my bucket while running. I saw the cub and it walked right up to me, the mother came around the corner and I ran and the cub was running right on side of me looking at me with a smile on it's face, it was happy to have someone to play and run with but Mama was catching up till I spilled half the berries or it saw my mother next to the car and they ran off to the side. I will never forget that, since that time when picking blueberries I always go empty the container at the car when it gets half full so I don't lose any berries again. It was a good bush, the gallon container was full to the top and I lost half of them when running and screaming.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good gun, but if you use cheap shells it takes a lot longer to clean the gun, because cheap shells clog the port too, I have tiny brushes for cleaning it.

Yeah, they are very temperamental. I had mine clog when firing once it because of the cheapo range ammo, the slide was not getting enough pressure through the gas port and it kept feed-jamming.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its not that hard to switch out a mag real quick. These laws are stupid.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Your jumping ahead of the narrative!

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No law can prevent crime but sadly can prevent the individual from being able to stop it.
It's all political grandstanding to make it appear they are doing something in DC.
They are doing something - whittling away our rights piece by piece.
All while they have protection of armed guards.
The hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Also this is to "protect the children".
While they mandate covid jabs causing massive damage.
My jaw is tired of being on the floor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join