It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson The man that died at the Amazon Warehouse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I saw and read the story about the man at the Amazon warehouse that died.
There is a very important lesson, and it has nothing and everything to do with that warehouse and Covid and life.

nypost.com...

“I got text messages from him. He always tells me when he is filling up the Amazon truck when he is getting ready to go back … I was like ‘OK, I love you.’ He’s like, ‘well Amazon won’t let me leave until after the storm blows over,’” his girlfriend of 13 years, Cherie Jones, told The Post on Sunday.

Friends, when your life is on the line.................
Do not rely on others. I have drilled this into my kids head so hard.
You and only you are responsible for your safety.
My guess is that this guy really wanted to leave. He ignored his instincts.
It's true that he was in an Amazon truck, he should have just left. Remember, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.
I've learned that in true emergencies people freak out and follow the crowd. Sometimes that works out, but it isn't always the best
means of escape. Sometimes during emergencies people do really weird things... Like go outside during a tornado to look at the sky.
To go stand in dangerous water during flooding, like drive right into flood water. I've seen it all.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I saw and read the story about the man at the Amazon warehouse that died.

If the Bezo's rocket crashed on your house and killed you he'd be sad that his giant space dong blew up, but not about you.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sad but odds are better indoors than in a van. Motor vehicles are really dangerous in a tornado. His time was up as all ours will be someday.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Factory workers in Kentucky died too, because the bosses told them to keep working.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

Did any of those bosses die, leaving their families without a breadwinner? I think not.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Factory workers in Kentucky died too, because the bosses told them to keep working.

Did any of those bosses die, leaving their families without a breadwinner? I think not.

I got injured on the job at 16 and still have scar to this day. I learned a hard lesson, your boss, your job, they don’t care. They will squeeze every last drop of life out of you.

After that years later I was asked to handle a hazardous situation, I said no, they tried to force me. I said no and if they needed to fire me, so be it. They didn’t. They ended up forcing a weaker willed person to do it.
I just hate when people really think your job can “force” you to do anything. No they can’t. You have free will.
It’s just a that people don’t want to use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Sad but odds are better indoors than in a van. Motor vehicles are really dangerous in a tornado. His time was up as all ours will be someday.

Well in this case, we will not know. If he had left he could have still died, but he could have survived.
I trust my instincts.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You have to take that with a grain of salt. I'm sure unions see this as an opportunity to push a organizing agenda as well as some employees see an opportunity for financial compensation if they can make it the company's fault.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

From a liability stand point, the company is in a no win situation. If they let people leave and they get caught out in open, then the company is liable. The force people to stay and people are hurt, they are still liable.

The question I have though is how safe are these large warehouses in an area that frequently gets tornados? They seem awfully flimsy and do they have any legit tornado shelters built in or other safe rooms.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The question I have though is how safe are these large warehouses in an area that frequently gets tornados? They seem awfully flimsy and do they have any legit tornado shelters built in or other safe rooms.

My guess is no. I was part of the emergency preparedness force for my company. We were a large very well funded company and we didn’t have appropriate areas for emergencies.
During a tornado a basement room, with no windows and strong bracing is best. My guess is there is no way a warehouse would have the space to house that amount of people in that type of room. They probably used the bathroom as tornado shelters. There are probably areas that are safer than others but you never know because tornadoes are so unpredictable. It’s not just the building falling, it is the shrapnel that’s the problem.
edit on 14-12-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
People who have seen the power of these storms with their own eyes would have headed for the hills. I know I would have boss or no boss. As a kid I saw a massive oak tree get twisted like a rubber band and thrown 50 yards. Nope. Fire me Amazon. I am gone.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I read that this morning. I used to work for a company many years ago for supervisors just like that. I bet that a family member of one those workers who died is in contact with a lawyer right now. That is just horrendous to force a person to chose between feeding their family or your own personal safety. I hope those supervisors are taken to court.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
People who have seen the power of these storms with their own eyes would have headed for the hills. I know I would have boss or no boss. As a kid I saw a massive oak tree get twisted like a rubber band and thrown 50 yards. Nope. Fire me Amazon. I am gone.

Maybe that is what it is. Those of us that have seen tornados or hurricanes know…
I’ve also seen a massive oak pulled up like a weed taking half the sidewalk with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Crazy!

I've only seen these tornados on TV on those shows 'disasters caught on camera' and they look real scary at times... I know for one thing though, if I was at work and the boss told me to keep working when a big a s s tornado is about to hit... I'd tell him/her to go screw themselves...

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Crazy!

I've only seen these tornados on TV on those shows 'disasters caught on camera' and they look real scary at times... I know for one thing though, if I was at work and the boss told me to keep working when a big a s s tornado is about to hit... I'd tell him/her to go screw themselves...

[/quote

Unfortunately younger adults lack the ability to use common sense and sound reasoning. Not all of them but a good many because their info is censored and curated to mush their minds.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Your employer is responsible for your safety while at work. Amazon should face criminal charges for the death of this man and the reckless endangerment of everyone else they forced to work in unsafe conditions.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It is, but in Oklahoma the ground does not support basements. There are lots of folks whose tornado plan is see where it's coming from and drive a different direction.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Big Box construction is horrible for storm safety.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Your employer is responsible for your safety while at work. Amazon should face criminal charges for the death of this man and the reckless endangerment of everyone else they forced to work in unsafe conditions.

That is the biggest Lie there is.
Yes your employer should do things to make sure you are not working in a hazardous environment, but they can’t control your free will. If you rely on your employer for your safety I can almost guarantee you will be injured sometime in your career.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

That is just horrendous to force a person to chose between feeding their family or your own personal safety.

That is why people argue for a safety net.
What if quitting amazon didn't mean starving child or losing the house? That man would not have stayed.
And in a society were losing a job doesn't mean ruin amazon most likely would not have even fired him.
In that society the workers would have the power not the employers.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It is, but in Oklahoma the ground does not support basements. There are lots of folks whose tornado plan is see where it's coming from and drive a different direction.

Oh yeah. I used to live on the gulf. No basements. Just run.

<<   2 >>

join