It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You Can't Trust The Media Or The Establishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All of us want to believe news reports that support what we already think and believe.

We try to find information and proof that what we say is based on fact, is true, and is valid.

That is very hard to do when we are constantly provided with half or manipulated information.

The first time I became aware of how easy it is to turn the truth into a lie, was years back when I first heard about Alex Jones. I would listen to Alex and come way confused. Alex started out making sense, but after a time, something just felt off. So I started vetting what he said.

It did not take long to figure out that Alex never came right out and told a direct lie. He was just very creative about how it presented the truth, until it had little semblance of the truth left in it.

Here is an example of how the truth is presented in such a way, that the truth takes on the appearance of a lie.

Saagar Enjeti explains how 60 Minutes inaccurately portrayed Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his role in getting vaccines to the grocery chain, Publix.

Saagar Enjeti: 60 Minutes CAUGHT Lying About Ron DeSantis Vaccination Campaign

This not a plug for DeSantis. DeSantis is not my most favorite person, and he is a die hard politician, though I will admit that I have benefited greatly with some of the decisions he has made. I don't always agree with everything that DeSantis does, but I have to give the devil his due, when I do.

edit on 14-12-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: I have no idea how or why this posted without any action on y part. I guess just another glitch in the matrix.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is why you have to do your own research and take everything reported with a grain of salt. While I lean right most of the time, I do read liberal sources to try to get a different perspective to make sure my opinions are fully informed as to any issues, data, and logic before committing to a position on something.

I see people all the time referencing studies and other info without fully understanding what the information means or the details. Often times, headlines and summaries can be misleading and written in a way to subtlety push an agenda.

The vast majority of people just believe whatever they are told by the media. This is why a biased media nowadays is so dangerous with how fast viral stories with misinformation can spread.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You have to focus on taking down one corrupt media organization at a time. Right now, everyone is focused on CNN because its imploding on the inside due to so much corruption and sexual assaults.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The vast majority of people just believe whatever they are told by the media. This is why a biased media nowadays is so dangerous with how fast viral stories with misinformation can spread.

I saw the original news report live. I heard exactly what he said. I don't dislike DeSantis, I just don't trust him to always put what is best for the residents of Florida, ahead of his political aspirations. Right now we are on the same page. That has not always been the case, and it is very likely we will butt heads again.

I did not immediately jump on the DeSantis bandwagon, but I always thought I had a fair attitude towards him. Yet, when I saw the manipulated clip, it immediately left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't even realize I was looking at the same video, only manipulated,

As you said, a biased media can be dangerous. Possibly even deadly. That is why we have reached the place in our society where we should not believe anything presented by the media as truth or fact. Fact checking has become a joke, and is just another deceitful tool being used by the media and the establishment.

Another thing that Alex Jones got right, there is indeed a war on for our minds. Unfortunately, they are not happy with just our minds anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You have to focus on taking down one corrupt media organization at a time. Right now, everyone is focused on CNN because its imploding on the inside due to so much corruption and sexual assaults.

This video just happens to call out CNN. Every single MSM organization is just as guilty.

The only way to curb the damage done by their antics, is to stop accepting anything they present as even remotely true, until we have collected as much information as we can from all sides of the issue. Somewhere in the middle of all the lies, we may be able to salvage a modicum of truth

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
When I feel used, abused, hurt, or deceived, my first response, after anger, is to question.

Was I blindsided or did I just refuse to see? Did I do something that allowed it happen? Was I uninformed or did I ignore the signs and symptoms.

This video helped me understand how we can be victims by design, even when you know every inch of the blueprint, you can still be asphyxiated by the smoke, and you can get lost in the mirror.

It is not the lie that is told, it is the lie you believe, that gets you.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Confirmation bias is quicksand. Its easy to fall in to and hard as hell to get out of. Who doesn't like hearing that they are right about something?

The progression of disinformation and confirmation is a never ending loop. It doesn't matter where you enter, you just get swept into the flow and go from one piece of misinformation directly to something/someone that will tell that last thing you heard is correct. And it never ends. The problem is most people hardly ever vet the very first piece of information. Before they even have a chance to check the voracity of the claim they are met with someone telling them it was correct. Then straight on to the next bit of misinformation because you don't want to be left out.

Well, I should say that is how it used to be. I find it very disturbing that in today's world things have gotten much worse.

For example, the news says the riots, looting, burning buildings, murders, rapes, assaults, arson, occupation of government offices and law enforcement stations, are called "peaceful protests". In days gone by it would have been a real challenge to find people dumb enough to blindly accept violence, burning buildings, looting, etc, as peaceful. Today - no problem. We have millions of loyal minions ready to champion the cause. They will stand there, look you straight in the eye as they dodge flying debris, and tell you its a peaceful protest. They are surrounded by masked people throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails and insist the violence is from "the other guys".

We have gone so far beyond mistrust of a corrupt media I fear there is no coming back. Its not just the corrupt media lying to us. People are lying to each other and, more disturbingly for some, to themselves. And they believe the lie. The lie is convenient. You don't have to prove anything, just say it. The lie is comfortable. It requires no effort and can be whatever you want it to be. The lie is enabling. It makes it alright for you to let loose your darkest side and claim it is justified.

Its all just lies.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think most people are aware of the game that is afoot, but we remained stuck in the quicksand. Even when the majority try to remove themselves, from the quagmire the deeper they sink.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Its one thing when someone pees down your back and tells you its raining.

But when you pee down your own back and look for an umbrella - you have issues.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Its one thing when someone pees down your back and tells you its raining.

But when you pee down your own back and look for an umbrella - you have issues.

Perfectly stated.

I think I may steal that one.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Confirmation bias is quicksand. Its easy to fall in to and hard as hell to get out of. Who doesn't like hearing that they are right about something?

The progression of disinformation and confirmation is a never ending loop. It doesn't matter where you enter, you just get swept into the flow and go from one piece of misinformation directly to something/someone that will tell that last thing you heard is correct. And it never ends. The problem is most people hardly ever vet the very first piece of information. Before they even have a chance to check the voracity of the claim they are met with someone telling them it was correct. Then straight on to the next bit of misinformation because you don't want to be left out.

Well, I should say that is how it used to be. I find it very disturbing that in today's world things have gotten much worse.

For example, the news says the riots, looting, burning buildings, murders, rapes, assaults, arson, occupation of government offices and law enforcement stations, are called "peaceful protests". In days gone by it would have been a real challenge to find people dumb enough to blindly accept violence, burning buildings, looting, etc, as peaceful. Today - no problem. We have millions of loyal minions ready to champion the cause. They will stand there, look you straight in the eye as they dodge flying debris, and tell you its a peaceful protest. They are surrounded by masked people throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails and insist the violence is from "the other guys".

We have gone so far beyond mistrust of a corrupt media I fear there is no coming back. Its not just the corrupt media lying to us. People are lying to each other and, more disturbingly for some, to themselves. And they believe the lie. The lie is convenient. You don't have to prove anything, just say it. The lie is comfortable. It requires no effort and can be whatever you want it to be. The lie is enabling. It makes it alright for you to let loose your darkest side and claim it is justified.

Its all just lies.

yes! it's what you want to believe.;

(Crazy Miranda lives on propaganda
She believes anything she reads
It could be one side or the other
The Free Press or Time Life covers
She follows newsprint anywhere it leads
But still she can't seem to read
And nobody knows
Ah, nobody knows what she needs
It could be love

[Verse 2]