It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activating bleach for use around the home or workplace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not sure about right forum so here goes.

Activating bleach is quite straight forward. Use a new or an old sprayer from anything you have bought like supermarket window cleaner make sure to rinse with water before use.
Fill to required level with bleach between a tenth and a quarter. Then add water. Replace the top/ cap sprayer thingy mi bob.
Shake to mix a couple of times.
Spray area that needs to be cleaned then use cloth or mop after leaving for a minute or two.

The atomising effect of the spray will make the bleach more effective.

Got problems with hair clogging drains? Neat bleach left in plughole overnight will dissolve the hair.

Slimey green paths ? Neat bleach brush and leave, more effective than power washer.

When applying bleach if do not want skin contact wear rubber gloves.

Please feel free to add other hygiene and cleaning tips here.
edit on 13-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: tips

edit on 13-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: tidy

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infiniteMeow

lemon juice also makes an excellent cleaner.

Onion is antibacterial and can also help sanitise besides being eaten.

Sugar soap can be made by using washing up liquid and sugar in moderate amounts. this will cut through grease.

orange and lemon peel can be used to prewipe surfaces before cloth.

want your windows extra clean ? use a drop or two regular washing up liquid, moderate amount sugar and either vinegar or lemon juice. whichever is cheapest or in best supply.

add water then spray on windows cleaning as usual. works like a charm. Sparkly shiny

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

See! You done it now! Here come all the ideas*!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And hear I was like dummy thinking cleaning/sterilization with bleach was common place knowledge.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

The hallway cleaners of the apartment building where I shelter and eat are not allowed to use bleach for health and safety issues.

I thought they were joking. so I asked a lady I know that is a cleaner. She told me this was the truth and at her work they do not use bleach for health and safety reasons. I was like what the "insert proverbial"

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Check the bottle of bleach before purchasing as there are two types of bleach sold in the SAME LOOKING containers. Read the fine print.

One is chlorine bleach which packs the most powerful punch. It not only whitens, but also disinfects and deodorizes. Reach for chlorine bleach when you really want to get your gym socks or sweaty undershirts clean. It can be used on almost every washable material, except for silk, wool, and delicate fabrics. I.E. Kills the bad germs, etc.

The other is Oxygen Bleach (AKA, Non-Chlorine Bleach). It's gentler, less toxic, and more environmentally friendly than chlorine bleach. It can be used on almost all washable garments, though it’s best for colors. If you have sensitive skin, oxygen bleach is a safer bet than chlorine bleach. I.E. Will not sterlize/kill germs.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

I generally go for the chlorine based ones.

top topics

join