It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working Woes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
First a disclaimer: I don't dislike my job or most of the people I work with. For the most part, it keeps me busy (except mornings which can be slow).

So I am stuck at home today? Why? They've been doing work on the air vents at work, and being a publishing company, there is lots of accumulated air dust up in that there crawlspace and around the ductwork. So much dust! So much that I've been under constant assault from it, and my allergies have been haywire. This was added to a mild head cold a couple weeks ago, and it's been a non-stop drainage-a-thon for me. No fun. The dust got so bad it actually triggered my asthma once early last week, and that almost never happens outside exercise or things like strong chemical fumes or smoke.

But toward the end of last week, I got a sore throat, and that progressed into more of an itchy, irritated throat, and that progressed into a rough voice and occasional cough with hard chunks.

And today, I have no voice. So it was to the doctor I went.

It is important to underscore that at no point have a really felt sick or run a fever or anything else. So I never felt like this was COVID.

And the doctor tells me I have laryngitis ... from allergies ... triggered by the insane amount of dust from the ductwork at work. Congratulate me. I am literally allergic to work. Hopefully, they're done with the construction, so once I get this inflammation down, I won't be doing this again anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Alergic to work, you should get that attested by your doctor, might come in handy

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Came into work this morning and sat down at my Desk and proceeded to go into a huge sneezing fit. managed to get in a squirt off allerflo after about 10 sneezes and it subsided. I came to the same conclusion im allergic to my work.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
God forbid! Be very, very careful when around a lot of dust because the majority of times it's not just dust. Please, please get and wear a proper dust mask. Don't go cheap, then again your work should supply you with one or they're lax in the health and safety department.
Read up on dried mouse or rat droppings and learn the lesson.
Sorry if I sound scary, better safe than sorry.

top topics

join