It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space x near bankruptcy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Elon musk sent an email to space x employees requesting that employees work on thanksgiving weekend. Basically telling employees that they need more production or the company will go bankrupt.
It’s hard to imagine that depriving employees of a four day weekend will get production back on schedule. Making promises and pretty animated visuals does not translate to the factory process.

“Unfortunately, the Raptor production crisis is much worse than it had seemed a few weeks ago,” the CEO wrote. “As we have dug into the issues following the exiting of prior senior management, they have unfortunately turned out to be far more severe than was reported. There is no way to sugarcoat this.”

The cliffs notes version is that space x needs it’s heavy lift rocket to launch starlink satellites. The ability for starlink to be a financially viable system is already in question and it’s also space X’s biggest customer. The heavy launch vehicle is not really in demand.

futurism.com...

Here is a link to another capital investment that adds to the increasing debt.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 12-12-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Wonder if that has anything with Musk selling 10% of his Bit Coin earlier this year , personally I hope Starlink falls flat on its face but hope it doesn't drag SaceX down with it.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Why would you hope Starlink fails?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I doubt we will ever know everything going on behind the scenes. Musk has a very long track record of making claims that fall incredibly short of his boasts.
Starling for instance,,,the financials required for it to be profitable are ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He is trying to grow his companies too fast, that could lead to a colapse of his empire if they are in any way tied together. I heard how that boring company he started is doing. And Tesla is not doing as well as planned. I think the took on too much to chew, it may choke him before he dies. He is trying to impress the masses with his science and if you think about it not much of the products he is creating other than the cars is actually needed in society. I do not know how that neural link technology is doing, but I doubt if it will work out well, I feel that the immune system will attack it somehow and it will flop when they find out it is causing problems. Anyone know if that neural link stuff is even still being researched anymore?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

DEBUNKING ELON MUSK Part 1
www.youtube.com...

Even better...Part 2
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Much of his science is more science fiction than reality.
Not that his projects can never happen but that they are not read to happen yet.
Self driving cars for instance. Eventually
But
His Hyperloop is not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

is the second PIC a Sailor Twift sex toy stand?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We need starlink badly

Not the actual service what we need is the competition 150 a month for internet Is insane they basicaly hold a monopoly with no other service even comming close to what cable provides

Also without it we will be on docis for another 15 years the usa is way behind with places in the middle east already on fiber whall we are still on slower tech

It still shouldent come at the cost of workers being treated like there robots tho

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland
Why would you hope Starlink fails?

Due to the problems they cause to both visual and radio astronomy , if Starlink is a success then that just invites more competition constelation launches and more clutter in the spy.

Plus Starlink are a hazard for the satellites in orbit.

Much of this increase is down to the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) constellations being launched by the new satellite firms. Satellites from Elon Musk’s company are now flying within 1km of other companies’ satellites around 500 times per week, and its own satellites even more.

"I have looked at the data going back to May 2019 when Starlink was first launched to understand the burden of these mega-constellations," Lewis told Space.com. "Since then, the number of encounters picked up by the Socrates database has more than doubled and now we are in a situation where Starlink accounts for half of all encounters."

Starlink accounts for around 60 percent of all conjunctions within 1 km or less – more than 14,000 times per week – and nearly 40 percent of all conjunctions with miss distances of 5 km or less. OneWeb accounts for 2.5 percent and ~3.5 percent of such events, respectively.
www.datacenterdynamics.com...

More junk in orbit just makes the risk of collision greater.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Keep an eye out for SPACs with a big fund.... He might be forced to take them public and fast.

Obligatory this is not financial advice... But Elon musk could write the Financials in his own fecal matter, take the company public, and that stock price will fly higher than his rockets.

Whether or not that's indicative of a healthy market... Ya boy is gonna dip into that on a swing trade if it happens.

Eyes open everyone, things might get spicy.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Starlink failing won't solve that problem it might delay it but this is the route future internet company's must take unless we make the internet a public utilitie

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Pandoras box is opened. LEO constellations are inevitable.

Either western companies launch them or upcoming developing countries will do it with their space programs.

Which is a better outcome, I'm not sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the Musk message goes in multiple bands.

1) Thanksgiving day.
reduce the meaning of this day,
at the same way that media displayed christmas movies before thanksgiving day.
the goal: let people forget to give thanks.
via having their mind busy in future things.

"forget the importance of thanksgiving day. You dont have anything good to give thanks. Live in suffering, working"

2) Musk products are launched according to the luciferian rythm followed by the New order.
No one day later, no one day before the calculated date.

he is a flagship. Already shown this year. for example, when musk disolved the gamestop movement with just promoting a crypto. or when people went into space.
everyone following/adopting musk is following the new order.
also, his products represent the idea of a new world.

3)even if it is now in the red communications period, musk products are towards the black web that is coming.
they can easy get trillions if needed.
but in the red communications period, companies seem to have a failure, a hit, then to be relaunched strong.

all is part of a screenplay.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
US adversaries have demonstrated ant-sattilite capabilities.

Geopolitical tensions are rising between the US and it's advesaries.

US military leans heavily (Although not exclusively) upon its Orbital assets; US businesses, and therefore the US economy is even more dependent upon a continuously reliable communications infrastructure, which could be seriously impacted by the sudden loss of orbiting communication pathways and backups.

A tried and true method of war craft is to make it more "expensive" for your opponent to attack you than it is for you to defend against said attack.

Safety In Numbers!

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Although I'm strictly a lay person on these issues, logic would dictate that putting a pause on the starship project and focusing on other proven launch platforms would be a better use of company resources.

My understanding is that they're going to need a boatload of the raptor engines for starship each launch while from what I understand, the Merlins are reused. Seems like slowing down or stopping unproven in favor of well proven launch platforms would be best for the company.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
Although I'm strictly a lay person on these issues, logic would dictate that putting a pause on the starship project and focusing on other proven launch platforms would be a better use of company resources.

My understanding is that they're going to need a boatload of the raptor engines for starship each launch while from what I understand, the Merlins are reused. Seems like slowing down or stopping unproven in favor of well proven launch platforms would be best for the company.

Unless those heavy-lift Raptor motors are needed/intended for "something else", something we don't know about yet, something more crucial than the Starship's stated purpose (or maybe, just an alternate interpretation of that purpose)?

NASA just launched the DART impactor mission.

How much did the "Tsar Bombe" weight?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Elon should be strapped in to one of his Tesla self-crashing cars attached to a rocket aimed at Mars and missing it by a large percentage of an AU without a spacesuit.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Musk has hit a bottleneck in Raptor production

With each Starship requiring 32 in boost stage and 6 in Starship need some 38 Raptor engines of various configuration
(Raptor sea level, Raptor Vaccuum )

With a test program of 6 launches, none of them being recoverable as they will be deep sixed, that is assuming none of them end up in RUD (Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly)

That is over 200 Raptor engines required

Musk has hit the wall in terms of getting enough Raptors,

Also STARLINK internet is taking lot of cash - SPACE X is taking a loss on each ground station, while working to get
production costs down

Hopefully this is just a hiccup and Musk will get things under control

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I hope not, but I think that chemical rocket solutions are also not the only ones we should be pursuing.

<<   2  3 >>

join