It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis restores police budget after ‘defund’ cuts

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, well, I guess the "defund" the police is backfiring all over the Democrats states that were using the tragic dead of Floyd to push for political
agendas.

The Minneapolis Police Department budget is seeing an increase of millions of dollars, reversing major cuts in the wake of George Floyd’s death in police custody last year.
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and the city council have agreed to a $1.6 billion budget, which includes $191 million for the city’s police – an increase of more than $20 million for the year of 2022. This will bring the budget nearly back to what it was before the city made budget cuts, with some city officials arguing for the money to go into alternative programs to combat crime.

The mayor has said the additional funding will go into recruitment programs to fill staffing shortages, and fund additional training and programs. Nearly 300 police officers have left their jobs in Minneapolis, according to the mayor, as the city has become the center of ‘defund the police’ debates.

www.rt.com...

Minneapolis is a city with a Democratic mayor and a Democratic city council without a single Republican on it
have the highest crime rate since the floyd tragic dead and defund the police agenda.

www.nationalreview.com...

Soo I guess the crime became so out of control that the police is getting their budget back and better.

Crime rate in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map

Read more: www.city-data.com...

I have to laugh at this one, is just pathetic when politics are used to play with the safety of citizens.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Crime is out of control because not enough scum get Floyd’d.

The police are scared to hurt the wrists of violent scum for if they do the media brand them scum aswell.

a reply to: marg6043

edit on 12-12-2021 by Athetos because: Changed public to media

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Soo I guess the crime became so out of control that the police is getting their budget back and better.
I have to laugh at this one, is just pathetic when politics are used to play with the safety of citizens.

Or it is just payback to the Police Unions for their assistance in getting rid of Trump.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What cop in their right mind would want to work for the people who threw them under the bus and then defunded them.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In their right mind indeed.

Give the people what they want.

a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks like yet another example of the "defund police" movement was just typical political bulls#t propaganda effort and had nothing much to do with real social problems 😀🤫

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like yet another example of the "defund police" movement was just typical political bulls#t propaganda effort and had nothing much to do with real social problems 😀🤫

Playing political mindfluck games at the expense of others.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
When you have over 300 hundred police workers leaving the city it shows how well these cities are going to do on their own.

I just cannot believe the stupidity of politicians, but what seems worst is how these political rats are playing around with the lives of their own citizens in the states they dominate over.

Democrats at its finest. People cannot be soo darn blind.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Now we see "Step 2" of the plot to get a National Mobile Police Force that can deploy anywhere as fast as you say "jack be nimble" 🥳

"Step 3" starts when these new "re-funding" things FAIL

🤫

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It could be clearing the decks. Get rid of all the honest police and replace them with your own dirty boys. Get the police dept. full of your own people you can even rule the normal people.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Then you must be either laughing like hell or really pissed off with the covid BS. The "defund the police" antics were just a drop in the proverbial bucket. I have to wonder what they will come up with next to kill people and destroy lives.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately it isn’t just in Minneapolis. St. paul crime rates have gone way up as well. i live in a Suburb of st. Paul and crime is getting bad. Carjackings are a new thing that you never really heard of. Lots of other violent crimes which are not reported. An ex-coworker of mine told me his parents would listen to the police scanner and the amount of things that went on that were not reported to the public was massive and it would be things you would hope to know about happening in your community.

Also have a friend that is an ex firefighter who has numerous friends as cops. They are so stressed for work and basically have told their friends to not even go to Minneapolis at any time. The real question is now that they have funding back can they actually hire cops that want to work here? Just because the money is there doesn’t mean those jobs are going to magically be filled.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

is just pathetic when politics are used to play with the safety of citizens.

But weren't the citizens were the one's pushing the 'defund the police' nonsense?

Seriously, WTF did they think was going to happen....

It only takes a tiny amount of common sense to see where that would lead.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Defunding police is a nice idea but it could only work in a state full of guns where people are policing themselves.

top topics

join