It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Drinking [TTS2022]

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It is 11 PM and i have been drinking for three hours now. The initial buzz rush has already passed and now it is just the maintenance drinking until close and “I can go anywhere but here”. Then the sleepless hours of drinking and infomercial hell while trying to pass out to shut this life off and not have to deal with it for a few hours.

A functional alcoholic will hold to a pattern: wake, clean up, work, drink, eat (which can be anytime except drinking time), then sleep. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Then your boss gets a wild hair and changes your schedule.

Now, here you are waiting for the bar to open while trying not to think about that first drink and how it could burn while you sip it, or burn you later because it is spicy, or becomes a chain of maintenance drinking where you drink to either your wallet runs out or the clock and your next shift.

We.all have our reasons for being here, just after noon, on whatsday, the heavy gin drinkers with yellow stained fingers from the incessant smoking they have habituated themselves to, the world weary from all walks of life with that shellshocked look in their eyes looking for relief and the thread of fun their unraveling lives seems to have lost like some crumbs that the hero children of some fairytale are supposed to use to escape their hell, or, the over skinny person who keeps going to the bathroom for 20 minutes at a time while nursing the cheapest drink and keeping their sleeves down hiding the trail of crap they have led their own horse to… sh!t!! Need another drink!

11:11 on a whatsday and what’s their name is dealing with a homeless person who has walked away from the societal traps at the cost of human dignity.

There seems to be more 11PM drinkers just because they are willing to try driving home while 11AM crowd is older, pedestrian, bus, or cab takers.

With no Jesus, no hope, and no idea on how to change their own situations, the 11 o’clock crowds are, like two containers sloppily filling, reaching an equilibrium.

And the stupid government says we can’t handle the fact of extraterrestrials!!

Hey Kip! Here’s a nip for ya’!! We’ll drink to 11 o’clock, ‘tis the season, and to whatsday!!

-The END-
edit on 12-12-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Forgot about the end!

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Author: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Entry Title: Day Drinking [TTS2022]

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Very nicely done. I was never a drinker in a bar but I recognised so much in this.

Can I buy you a drink?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

"...We’ll drink to 11 o’clock, ‘tis the season, and to whatsday!! "

I'll drink to that!

Thanks for your submission and good luck in the contest,
Johnny

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You painted a painful scene with that imagery. Damn powerful that....

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That was powerful writing portraying an awful life

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good writing.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the snapshot.
A day in the life...

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well written friend.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

A great tale, powerful!

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This is impressive , Very visceral my friend and very relatable.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Nice scene-setting. I like beer

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses!! I have some time off and getting catsup on the other submissions!

The world portrayed is some of the things I feel with the rest made up from friends and family who seem to be spiraling to a “wastrel” lifestyle.

But there is always hope! If you can see it, delineate it, and describe it, then it does not have total power over your life!

That bleak trail staring at you is not the only path to take! The real power comes from within.

And it starts with awareness.

We all have that power!

top topics

join